It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

48 Wild Bears, Tigers, Lions and Wolves Escape Enclosure.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ujustneverknow

Excuse me but what the h*ll were they supposed to do? Let them run loose and perhaps kill a child? Ridiculous the lack of consideration for humans in this time! It's a trick, dehumanize us, by exalting lower animals. Sick.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by josh2009s

You posted a news story and added your opinion, which is what I commented on. And seriously, if you call protecting wildlife "childish" then you sir are one cold-hearted person,

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by traderjack

So you are saying murdering animals in hopes that they would prevent a child's death is okay? We might as well assume that all animals are out eat to humans and just kill them all then eh? Animals act on pure instinct, unlike humans, which in this case were the CAUSE of the problem to begin with. The person who let the animals out should be accountable for a child's death, NOT the animals. Seriously, use your brain on this one.
edit on 20-10-2011 by Zarxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by stephanies-chase
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Wow what a great comparison. caged animals is like caged people. Hey maybe next time I go on vacation I can just pay the kennels to keep my children. Do you realize what you said? I hope it was one of those moments where you just didn't think before you wrote.

NO! You totally mis-understood what i said.....

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

We're such a destructive and heartless race. To me it's ridiculous how many people are "for" killing these animals - makes me sick. So many beautiful creatures, but many think that we have the right to take them out because it's the easiest solution to the problem. Brutal.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarxx

So you are saying murdering animals in hopes that they would prevent a child's death is okay? We might as well assume that all animals are out eat to humans and just kill them all then eh? Animals act on pure instinct, unlike humans, which in this case were the CAUSE of the problem to begin with. The person who let the animals out should be accountable for a child's death, NOT the animals. Seriously, use your brain on this one.

Don't twist his words. You knew what he meant. and we're not talking ALL animals,do you not get that these were lions..tigers..not cats and dogs? First off,this guy should never have had them. It's HIS fault that they had to be killed.Not the police.Not mine.Not yours.HIS.He never should have had them in the first place.So the blame for them being killed rests solely on him. What should the county foot the bill and tranquilize/hunt all of those animals? If this jackass didn't let them loose to begin with they'd still be alive.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by reallywow
Tranquilize 50 animals?? You realize how hard that is to do?

Kill 50 animals?? You realise how easy that is to do?

This isnt a game - Cheating or taking the easy way out shouldn't ever be an option!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kliskey

Originally posted by reallywow
Tranquilize 50 animals?? You realize how hard that is to do?

Kill 50 animals?? You realise how easy that is to do?

This isnt a game - Cheating or taking the easy way out shouldn't ever be an option!

Face it, brainless cops so weak and scared they couldn't seal off areas and let the professionals do their jobs. Instead the best idea they come up with is to slaughter them all. tax payers at least expect intelligence. No job is too big when your talking about avoiding animal genocide. I think these cops need to be charged too.

And where were the authorities before hand. Allowing a psycho idiot like this have so many exotic animals. Clearly an out of touch government. Doesn't any good news come out of America anymore?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

It seems 2994 left now SMH what a shame.

2nd line and such

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
i think someone needs to be sued, you can't just go around shooting lions you know.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2goodtony

We're such a destructive and heartless race. To me it's ridiculous how many people are "for" killing these animals - makes me sick. So many beautiful creatures, but many think that we have the right to take them out because it's the easiest solution to the problem. Brutal.

Could not agree with you more.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Originally posted by e11888

Originally posted by OzTruth
Bondi Vet, Dr Chris Brown on the 7pm Project here in Australia on Channel 10, just mentioned the amount of Bengal tigers killed was 1.5% of the worlds Bengal tiger population and that they had enough darts and agricultural officers to dart everyone of them. I think what we have here is a bunch of trigger happy cops that have no idea about humanity or morality. The area was bush scrub not even built up suburbia. The importance of keeping them alive vs the threat they actually posed was grossly miscalculated and anyone that says 18 dead Bengal tigers is worth one human life should be shot themselves. Peace. Only in America.

I cant agree more. These cops need to be charged with something. Animal cruelty. Killing an endangered species. Something. I just saw the news and they had these cats lined up dead next to each other. Most of these cats were probably raised from cubs and were never a danger to anyone. Ill never get the image of those dead cats lined up on the ground out of my head. These cops need to be thrown in prison. There is no excuse for it.

Rightttttttt,blame the cops for doing their jobs. It's their fault that the idiot that kept them decided to let them loose and off himself.Never a danger to anyone? Are you serious? They're wild animals.They are ALWAYS a danger.Some of the people posting in this thread need to get a grip.

Doing their job is not riding on the back of a pickup truck with assault rifles going on a hunting safari to brag to their friends. Doing their job would have been calling in the zoo, animal control or at the very least finding a tranq gun. These morons wiped out 1.5% of the bengal tiger population and should be held accountable for that. Was the owner at fault? Absolutely. Its also the state's fault for letting a con own 56 exotic animals just as much as its the fault of the yahoo cops going on their safari. This is unacceptable human behavior across the board and those involved need to be held responsible.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I'm ashamed of all the pro-animal, anti-human attitudes many of my fellow ATSers are displaying. That's extremely sad. Human life is by far more precious than that of any animal. The sherrif's dept's main job is to protect the citizens of it's county/parrish. Their actions to kill the dangerous AND DISEASED animals should be applauded. I'm glad we'll see no stories like:

"Girl 3 missing, lion and tiger seen nearby earlier, sherrif's dept had plenty of opportunities to put the carnivorous animals down but were prevented by the new PETA-inspired ordinance."

IMAGINE THIS SCENARIO
Your child is outside playing on her jungle-gym, you are watching from the kitchen window, you see a tiger approach her from the bushes, you just heard on the radio that a diseased tiger was on the loose in your town, a deputy just pulled into your driveway, he has his rifle pointed at the tiger, he has a clean shot for now, the tiger will reach your child in 10 seconds, the deputy looks at you for approval of the kill.....do you give it to him?

edit on 20-10-2011 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Don't twist his words. You knew what he meant. and we're not talking ALL animals,do you not get that these were lions..tigers..not cats and dogs? First off,this guy should never have had them. It's HIS fault that they had to be killed.Not the police.Not mine.Not yours.HIS.He never should have had them in the first place.So the blame for them being killed rests solely on him. What should the county foot the bill and tranquilize/hunt all of those animals? If this jackass didn't let them loose to begin with they'd still be alive.

Yes when you're talking about a species that is dying it is the duty of every member of the 'intelligent' species on the planet. Face it, the cops couldve zoned off the area and found a tranq gun. Instead they decided to go on a hunt and massacre these animals. The owner was in the wrong. The state was in the wrong for letting the idiot own these animals. And the cops were in the wrong for not even trying to save the lives of a dying species. What about the wolves and bears? These animals are native to the land? How do you justify hunting those animals down? What do we just shoot bears now when they walk across the road? Unreal.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012
I'm ashamed of all the pro-animal, anti-human attitudes many of my fellow ATSers are displaying. That's extremely sad. Human life is by far more precious than that of any animal. The sherrif's dept's main job is to protect the citizens of it's county/parrish. Their actions to kill the dangerous AND DISEASED animals should be applauded. I'm glad we'll see no stories like:

"Girl 3 missing, lion and tiger seen nearby earlier, sherrif's dept had plenty of opportunities to put the carnivorous animals down but were prevented by the new PETA-inspired ordinance."

IMAGINE THIS SCENARIO
Your child is outside playing on her jungle-gym, you are watching from the kitchen window, you see a tiger approach her from the bushes, you just heard on the radio that a diseased tiger was on the loose in your town, a deputy just pulled into your driveway, he has his rifle pointed at the tiger, he has a clean shot for now, the tiger will reach your child in 10 seconds, the deputy looks at you for approval of the kill.....do you give it to him?

And how many bengal tigers = 1 human? The last time I checked we just hit 7 billion as a population. What the population of bengal tigers? 3000? Yes we are intelligent but so are these animals. They are not mindless cows or deer that are too stupid to walk straight. This would be like killing dolphins because we are superier! The mentality behind this logic is sickening.

Its not about being pro human or pro animal or pro anything. Its about having a #ing brain in your head and understanding that these morons just wiped out 1.5% of a dying species.
edit on 20-10-2011 by e11888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by e11888

I get what you are saying,I really do. But I think you're failing to see that there was a threat to human life. These were wild animals. The chance that they would hurt someone and god forbid a child,was very real. The cops did what they needed to do in order to keep that from happening. I think you need to direct your anger towards the idiot that kept these animals. If he hadn't,this situation would never have occured.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Don't twist his words. You knew what he meant. and we're not talking ALL animals,do you not get that these were lions..tigers..not cats and dogs?

Agree totally. Even your cozy little lapdog will turn vicious out in the wild, especially if it's in a pack. Even our housecats and pet dogs revert to instinct very quickly--they are predators. See what happens to any ecosystem if you turn a housecat loose.

I'm surprised the wolves didn't start to form a pack. Then they'd really have had problems.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by e11888

Originally posted by primus2012

IMAGINE THIS SCENARIO

And how many bengal tigers = 1 human? The last time I checked we just hit 7 billion as a population. What the population of bengal tigers? 3000? Yes we are intelligent but so are these animals. They are not mindless cows or deer that are too stupid to walk straight. This would be like killing dolphins because we are superier! The mentality behind this logic is sickening.

Its not about being pro human or pro animal or pro anything. Its about having a #ing brain in your head and understanding that these morons just wiped out 1.5% of a dying species.
edit on 20-10-2011 by e11888 because: (no reason given)

Those morons as you call them had to react quickly to protect human life.
All the animals in the world combined do not equal the value of 1 human life.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

reply to post by e11888

I get what you are saying,I really do. But I think you're failing to see that there was a threat to human life. These were wild animals. The chance that they would hurt someone and god forbid a child,was very real. The cops did what they needed to do in order to keep that from happening. I think you need to direct your anger towards the idiot that kept these animals. If he hadn't,this situation would never have occured.

Was there a threat? At some point, yes. When this story broke it spoke of cops shooting animals that were not being hostile and not leaving the land. They were standing or sitting outside of the their cage. And again I have to ask what about the wolves and bears? 1 bear survived. All the wolves were killed. Whats the point of killing animals that would be normally found in the area anyway? Wolves and bears are native to america. Do we just go killing all the wolves, bears and mountain lions in America now because they might attack someone? Of course not.

The reality of the situation is yes the guy that owned these animals is a complete moron. All of this is because of him. But then lets look at the state that let him, an ex con, have these exotic animals. Lets look at the cops prior to today that were in contact with this man prior to these events and did nothing. Then lets look at the cops that went on a 15? hour safari without even thinking about calling in animal control or using a tranq dart.

And again I have to ask how many of the 3000 remaining bengal tigers on this earth = 1 of the 7 billion humans? Would you kill the remaining 3000 tigers and extinct the species to save 1 human life? I understand we need to think about our own first. I get that. But the threat of one of these animals attacking a human in a rural area after zoning off the area is just about as good as it would be on a normal day with mountain lion or bear attacks. Like I said, this is not acceptable human behavior across the board and those involved need to be held responsible.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

Originally posted by josh2009s

Hopefully everyone stays safe and these animals are either captured, or killed.

Why should the animals be killed? Is any of this THEIR fault?

As sad as this is, you have to understand the circumstances. If you can imagine seeing 18 tigers and 17 lions all beginning their way into town I don't think there is time to react. Can you imagine what would have happened if you were standing in the street surrounded by 25 cats of prey. Children and adults alike completely unaware as they walk to the store, come home from school, work? There would have been total carnage, maulings, deaths, it would have been horrible.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join