It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

48 Wild Bears, Tigers, Lions and Wolves Escape Enclosure.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzTruth
Bondi Vet, Dr Chris Brown on the 7pm Project here in Australia on Channel 10, just mentioned the amount of Bengal tigers killed was 1.5% of the worlds Bengal tiger population and that they had enough darts and agricultural officers to dart everyone of them. I think what we have here is a bunch of trigger happy cops that have no idea about humanity or morality. The area was bush scrub not even built up suburbia. The importance of keeping them alive vs the threat they actually posed was grossly miscalculated and anyone that says 18 dead Bengal tigers is worth one human life should be shot themselves. Peace. Only in America.

I cant agree more. These cops need to be charged with something. Animal cruelty. Killing an endangered species. Something. I just saw the news and they had these cats lined up dead next to each other. Most of these cats were probably raised from cubs and were never a danger to anyone. Ill never get the image of those dead cats lined up on the ground out of my head. These cops need to be thrown in prison. There is no excuse for it.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by josh2009s

Very strange story. The fact this man was allowed to keep these animals at all is wrong as far as I'm concerned.

I also think they should have at least tried to bring them in alive - surely they had reasonably fast access to tranq darts and we already know they have tasers (Though how effective they'd be against a lion is a different matter lol).

As for the people saying these animals were dangerous - scarcely! They weren't wild for starters - they'd had human interactions. Second they'd been fed that day and wouldn't hunt if they weren't hungry. Third they wouldn't attack humans if they could find other animals instead. Last if one was in your backyard then all you'd have to do is calmy close the door and enjoy the show - they wouldn't attack you unless provoked.

Definately an over reaction by trigger-happy cops.

Oh well, at least no people were injured.

Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!

edit on 20-10-2011 by Cecilofs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cecilofs

Very strange story. The fact this man was allowed to keep these animals at all is wrong as far as I'm concerned.

I also think they should have at least tried to bring them in alive - surely they had reasonably fast access to tranq darts and we already know they have tasers (Though how effective they'd be against a lion is a different matter lol).

Oh well, at least no people were injured.

Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!

This happend throughout the day yesterday. It wasnt just an "OMG THATS A LION" moment for these officers. They had all damn day to hunt these animals down and they couldnt find one tranq gun? Complete bull. This was target practice for these cops. 1.5% of the bengal tiger population wiped out. This is not acceptable. Not in the least bit.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Thanks you all for your input! I am glad this is all over with no human loss of life. And to the people that had nothing to say but rude thing: I don't care what you say. I'm better than you.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by josh2009s
Thanks you all for your input! I am glad this is all over with no human loss of life. And to the people that had nothing to say but rude thing: I don't care what you say. I'm better than you.

The guy that owned them killed himself... you do know this right?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by e11888

Yes, I posted that multiple times. Suicide was his choice, not anyone else's. It is sad, but his actions lead to the death of dozens of animals, and himself. Very childish if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I love animals as well as the rest of you and agree it is sad these animals had to be killed. The problem with using tranquilizers is it is at night and the animals do not go down right away and it would have been very difficult to track them after being shot. The animals woud become very dangerous after being tranquilized because they would run and attack everything they came across. I trust Jack Hannah and while you could see in his face how distrubed he was at the prospect of destroying these animals he said it was the only way.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

WTF... This a bit out of order to just shoot these animals dead!!

What if i captured a load of people i didnt like and decided to keep them encosed for many years then one day thought i'm gonna release you now... you ca run but i'm gonna hunt you down.... not very nice is it?

Surely the could have waited to Tranqulize these Animals!! Could have just cordoned off an area so they couldnt get out!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Are you serious? You know there are more humane ways of deterring animals such as tranquilizers or hell, try catching them in cages or something. Add to the fact that they were released on purpose means that someone wanted these animals to die.

Why are you even posting on ATS? Seriously, people like you "to me" are part of the 1%.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

So if the lion ate a couple of people that is ok with you because that's what he is supposed to do? They should take the time and try to capture it still, cuz it's not the poor guys fault. I'm guessing you don't live around that area because you seriously have no logic.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarxx

Why so offensive? I posted a news story on ATS. You don't have to get mad. How childish.
edit on 20-10-2011 by josh2009s because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

Thanks for the link. So the bastard is dead. Good. Too bad he chickened out and did himself in, but only after letting loose his wild charges and putting them, and the public in danger.

I would have much prefered the bastard had died being eaten by one of the animals he was keeping so poorly. That would have been poetic.

Sadly, it looks like the local yahoo-coppers are more interested in hunting animals and bragging to their friends about it. Be nice if one of the pigs ended up as some lion or tiger's lunch, but sadly, it looks like that ain't gonna happen.

Tracking, tranquilizing, and capturing these animals would not have required a hell of alot more effort to do. They do it all the time with native wildlife like bears, cougars, and wolves. Lions and tigers are not that different from any wild animal. And being out of their natural element, they will be even more easy to capture.

As far as threats to the public, simple. Send out a bulletein informing all the locals to keep children and pets inside while the rangers and zookeepers and cops track down and capture these animals. This would also make locals more aware, and local residents could phone in sighting reports and help make rounding up the critters easier. And if people felt threatened, a warning shot from a hunting rifle or shotgun fired into the ground would certainly frighten away any wild creature. Even on the plains of Africa or the jungles of India, Lions and Tigers still run from the sound of gunshots.

And before anyone starts whining, I'm not a PETA person. I hate PETA, they are a bunch of lunatic fascists. I have no problem with raising domestic livestock for food, leather and other products, provided those animals are raised healthy and humanely before slaughter. I love pets, and think everyone should find an animal friend to share their lives with, provided it is not a wild or endangered critter than needs freedom to be happy. I do have a problem with fur, if it comes from wild or endangered animals, or from animals only raised for their fur, and nothing else. Rabbit is fine, since rabbits are also raised for their meat and other products. Minks, however, i disapprove of, since I've not heard of many people eating mink, just wearing it. However, I'd not throw blood on someone because they wear fur. maybe just call them something unflattering.

I do, however, get sick and tired of seeing wild animals go extinct and suffer, due to mans laziness, greed, apathy, or vanity. These things are not necessary for survival or advancement of humanity. They are harmful and wasteful excess, and I hate excess. From what I've seen in these articles and news clips, these cops are mostly lazy and apathetic, and rather ignorant. They are in a rather rural area. it's not like a little extra effort couldn't have been made.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I honestly don't care what happens to them as long as the threat is removed. I know it's not their fault, but it's not a deer's fault it walked in front of a tree stand during hunting season. It is not a fishes fault that someone put a worm on a hook. It's not a cows fault we enjoy steak. People have to put people first, always. If you want these animals to be happy, then give them something to snack on.

Actually, as the more intelligent race we 'should' be protecting these creatures - Unfortunately, in a lot of cases, including your own, human minds haven't quite evolved enough yet to be fully capable of understanding the dire situation that we and the animals are in.

I know it's not your fault. It's not your fault that you were educated badly. Its not your fault that you were brought up in a different society that doesn't respect this planet. Its not your fault.

But you can change that if you just open your eyes to the bigger picture - Stop thinking about 'just' yourself (or the people around you in the basic sense) - If we rid this planet of all the animals and plant life 'because' HUMANS SHOULD BE PUT FIRST, then the human race will cease to exist

I honestly don't care what happens to them as long as the threat is removed

You do realise that we (or you) are the threat

---

By the way, I do not belong to PETA or any 'Anti' organisation. The above are just my own views.

edit on 20/10/2011 by Kliskey because: Typo

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by e11888

Originally posted by OzTruth
Bondi Vet, Dr Chris Brown on the 7pm Project here in Australia on Channel 10, just mentioned the amount of Bengal tigers killed was 1.5% of the worlds Bengal tiger population and that they had enough darts and agricultural officers to dart everyone of them. I think what we have here is a bunch of trigger happy cops that have no idea about humanity or morality. The area was bush scrub not even built up suburbia. The importance of keeping them alive vs the threat they actually posed was grossly miscalculated and anyone that says 18 dead Bengal tigers is worth one human life should be shot themselves. Peace. Only in America.

I cant agree more. These cops need to be charged with something. Animal cruelty. Killing an endangered species. Something. I just saw the news and they had these cats lined up dead next to each other. Most of these cats were probably raised from cubs and were never a danger to anyone. Ill never get the image of those dead cats lined up on the ground out of my head. These cops need to be thrown in prison. There is no excuse for it.

Rightttttttt,blame the cops for doing their jobs. It's their fault that the idiot that kept them decided to let them loose and off himself.Never a danger to anyone? Are you serious? They're wild animals.They are ALWAYS a danger.Some of the people posting in this thread need to get a grip.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
This is a very harsh story... I wish in all the hours that it took to find and kill these animals, that they could have at least tranquilized some of them?

They needed to shoot all of these animals?

I mean I understand that if it had to come down to human life or animal life that the animals will lose out, but I'm not sure that it had exactly got there and that alternatives couldn't have been found.

I saw the chief cop on tv earlier and he was moaning that he was getting calls from all over the world about killing these animals.... and he was shocked as to why he was getting them.... just shows the lack of conscience and empathy this guy had.

Oh well.
edit on 20/10/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
At least this is over. They were able to save some of the animals.

Zoo: Surviving animals from Ohio farm doing well

The Columbus Zoo says it's now caring for a young grizzly bear, two monkeys and three leopards. The zoo said in a statement Thursday that the rescued animals seem to be doing very well.One monkey from the farm is still unaccounted for. The county sheriff has said in interviews that it's very possible the monkey was eaten by one of the big cats.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Oh snap i want to kill a lion, i'm on my way and i'll errr protect some kids while i'm at it.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Wow what a great comparison. caged animals is like caged people. Hey maybe next time I go on vacation I can just pay the kennels to keep my children. Do you realize what you said? I hope it was one of those moments where you just didn't think before you wrote.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
This deal stinks in a hundred different ways. The state, the county, the sheriff, the crackers he sent to do the deed, the bumpkin defense of those decisions, the tormented man who elected to take on all these animals and was goaded to a suicidal brink. There was absolutely no winning in this case. Everything was out of hand. Everything. I know this region and I know the twisted view that is the majority. This event just pulls the covers off a dysfunction that is Ohio, Muskingum County, and unfortunately, a shoot from the hip cowboy community. I mean that in a bad way.

These exotics have no business being under the charge of unqualified entities. They can be a danger to a community and obviously the community can be a danger to the animal as this situation has proven. It bothers me to no end that out in the night, there is some PBR swilling redneck throwing down a tall tale about dropping a tiger or two with his AR as if it were a noble beast. When in reality, it probably wasn't much more than a lazy, complacent and confused animal that was more a victim of circumstance than anything else. This stupid story will be told for generations, embellished and glorified when in truth there is nothing but shame inspired by a .223.

On the other hand, think about it. If you had a stray tiger or bear in your back yard, would you shoot or just leave some crackers out for it to partake?

After this debacle, I'd go with the crackers.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ujustneverknow
I'm afraid they're already deceased

I think they should have tranquilized them , there were zoo keepers assisting but the police just shot them all.

www.suntimes.com...

Tranquilize 50 animals?? You realize how hard that is to do?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join