It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the sliver lining

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
It's interesting to watch these protests, and their purposes. To see so many people pissed off and really and truly not even know why. We live in a world that revolves around and is actually completely enslaved by a cold, heartless, soulless, and completely imaginary money system.

the reality of the fact is that some don't even know that they are enslaved, but realize if you were truly free then stop paying your bills and tell me that in a couple of months. the truth is the truth whether you believe it or not. the reason we do most things is because if we don't live life a certain way a scary man with a badge and a gun will put me in a locked room if i don't cooperate. you work not because it is your passion but because you can't go to a store and get food and just walk out WITHOUT A SCARY MAN WITH A BADGE AND A GUN coming to put you in a locked room, and the sad fact is that the ones enslaved are the good people. the ones that just are like "hey man i just wanna live my life... yea i'll follow your rules... yea i'll pay you your money... just let me have my family friends and some fun every now and then." I know good always triumphs. ALWAYS. yea sometimes evil gives it a hell of a fight and alot of people die, but the choice is ours if that's how it goes down.

people are angry because as a whole it has allowed itself to be tricked into slavery by a pretty distraction. all because either: we want to live an exciting life, want pretty things, want to make life easier, are bored and/or social pressures. I hate to be a cynic, but i have to be realistic. there is no external cure for this problem. the only solution is to improve the morality(in all senses of the word) of the world. it would mean working together and uniting for the betterment of the populace as a whole.

it means that the individual puts away his/her individuality for what is best for everyone. it would be in this action of caring for others we actually care for ourselves. even if for selfish reason's you must still be selfless, because even if you want to have a better life, what benefits the group benefits the pieces that make it up.

that is the only cure for the cancer in humanity. the truth is money is the root of all evil. it is the need of retribution for the service to a fellow human being. if you do something for money you don't do it out of the kindness of your heart, and in a sense disconnects one human being from another, because at that point it is individualistic thinking and not hive mentality.

so this is where we are as a society. we either save ourselves by, as individuals, becoming better, more loving, more caring, more giving, more accepting, and a more united society or we go to war with ourselves,, which is the only other solution to the problem. it is each and every one of us as individuals that will be the deciding factor in this effort. THAT MEANS YOU. AND YOU AND YOU AND YOU AND YOU......... who will decide the outcome of this battle between the oppressed and the oppressors.

edit on 19-10-2011 by stuncrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by stuncrazy

Jobs started as a means to solving real practical problems.

As a society, we have pretty good agriculture/material solutions now (many of which are as automated/optimized as they can be at this point in time).

I think the ratio of largely useles "jobs" (other than making someone rich richer/being a cog in a system that would have no intrinsic value if viewed from outside our taught frame of reference) vs. what I would call relative jobs (being a nurse, a teacher, someone trying to find a cure for AIDS, etc.) is getting crazy high. Yet we're all screaming for more jobs, when the true need for most jobs relative to our society is lower than ever.

edit on 10/19/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

new topics

join