It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duality is wearing me D0wn....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
oops...I wasn't quite ready to speak my thoughts but oh well.

I accidentally posted this thread after I entered in the subject line so, apparently I should just shoot from the hip and say what I have to say.

Or rather, I should ask a question.....

In your "Awareness" do you still feel drained by the duality of this existence?

edit on 18-10-2011 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
That's because Duality is meant to dew just that!

Shuck the Duality and embrace the Singularity of ONE.

Be the One, knot the Two, and you will realize the Two were an illusion to keep you from learning the Truth.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

Lmfao. If the gray's were a religious cult of "one" aka Unitology, second poster sounds like a cult recruiter for 'em.

The duality of humanity and sexual based animals is magnificence. Just as the rest of the numeric concepts of 1-10, let alone infinite experience beyond the pale of the 10 base numbers...

The duality is seen in many things about us, including our body's and Universe's most prevalent atom, Hydrogen, being a Proton and Electron (neutron too if you feel like making it a trinity) and our own Earth-Moon system. It's gorgeousness in motion.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

It's not a knot?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by xacto

Soooo...let us ridicule and mock those less fortunate...

How does that benefit any of us?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by xacto

Lmfao. If the gray's were a religious cult of "one" aka Unitology, second poster sounds like a cult recruiter for 'em.

The duality of humanity and sexual based animals is magnificence. Just as the rest of the numeric concepts of 1-10, let alone infinite experience beyond the pale of the 10 base numbers...

The duality is seen in many things about us, including our body's and Universe's most prevalent atom, Hydrogen, being a Proton and Electron (neutron too if you feel like making it a trinity) and our own Earth-Moon system. It's gorgeousness in motion.

Trinity of Reality:

1. Conceptual
2. Perceptual
3. Physical

Only the Physical is REAL, the other TWO are an Illusion, thus, shuck the Illusion of Duality and embrace the ONE true Reality, the Physical!

You are clearly a product of this Matrix!

Ribbit

link   
I think of the duality of mind as the Joker and Critic, it's like there are two entities inside of me, for example I have to get up early:

The Critic - yep up you get
The Joker - nah she'll be right sleep a few more minutes

I feel that you do need the critic and the joker both to find balance, ie do your work and have fun at the same time, but it can be a challenge. Take a good look at the people around you and see if you can tell which one has control... can be fun

More importantly, understanding and controlling them both can lead to a very rewarding life - ooops this implies a trinity

Sort of like those cartoons you see of the angel and the devil on either shoulder whispering in each ear!
edit on 18-10-2011 by ParAvion because: added some more

link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

It's not a knot?

To pee or kNot to pee, that is the question.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric

In your "Awareness" do you still feel drained by the duality of this existence?

Define your take on Duality?

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric
reply to post by xacto

Soooo...let us ridicule and mock those less fortunate...

How does that benefit any of us?

That was not my intention whatsoever. I believe in diversity and the pursuit of happiness for all. I however, am curious as to your intention based off of your interpretation of my statements.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

Trinity of Reality:

1. Conceptual
2. Perceptual
3. Physical

Only the Physical is REAL, the other TWO are an Illusion, thus, shuck the Illusion of Duality and embrace the ONE true Reality, the Physical!

You are clearly a product of this Matrix!

Ribbit

Buddy! I wasn't meaning to attack you at all, it's called humor! Perhaps I am a part of some conceptual/perceptual matrix, but ill tell you one thing, both your reaction and the OP's reaction to my statements, suggest you too are in some type of negative interpretation complex.

Afterall, electromagnetic energy is massless, yet it and mass (physicality) react to one another. So, what's actually real? Did i forget to mention that light is also a double helix?

I wish you happiness and knowledge friend.

g

edit on 18-10-2011 by xacto because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

No...

The concept of duality is still part of the whole...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

Jesus saw infants being suckled. He said to His disciples,
"These infants being suckled are like those who enter the
Kingdom."
They said to Him, "Shall we then, as children, enter the
Kingdom?"
Jesus said to them, "When you make the two one, and when you
make the inside like the outside and the outside like the inside,
and the above like the below, and when you make the male and the
female one and the same, so that the male not be male nor the
female female; and when you fashion eyes in the place of an eye,
and a hand in place of a hand, and a foot in place of a foot, and
a likeness in place of a likeness; then will you enter [the
Kingdom]."

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Afterall, electromagnetic energy is massless, yet it and mass (physicality) react to one another. So, what's actually real? Did i forget to mention that light is also a double helix?

I hate to bust your bubble but Electromagnetic Energy does have mass, you just cannot detect it is all, but that goes to Perception. If you cannot see it, touch it, feel it, or, in this case, weigh it, it isn't.
Light too has mass. They are both matter and all matter has mass, except that which does kNot matter.

As to my misinterpreting your earlier comment, I did, so no feelings hurt on this end.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I hate to bust your bubble but Electromagnetic Energy does have mass, you just cannot detect it is all, but that goes to Perception. If you cannot see it, touch it, feel it, or, in this case, weigh it, it isn't.
Light too has mass. They are both matter and all matter has mass, except that which does kNot matter.

As to my misinterpreting your earlier comment, I did, so no feelings hurt on this end.

Ribbit

Knowledge abounds my friend!

Good vibes to you.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Ribbit

Knowledge abounds my friend!

Good vibes to you.

What dew you think the building blocks of atoms are?

Light is the Source of ALL!

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
There is no duality, there is only unity. All is one and you will, hopefully, see this in time.

Think of a coin, most would say it has two sides. These two sides, however, are simply part of the whole, that which we call the coin. We call the sides "Front of the coin" and "Back of the coin". If we were to separate these two sides they would cease to be "Front" and "Back". They are simply two parts of a whole, the difference is only something we imagine.

We have night and we have day but it is the same sky.

There is only unity, look at the universe and you will see.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
There is no duality, there is only unity. All is one and you will, hopefully, see this in time.

Think of a coin, most would say it has two sides. These two sides, however, are simply part of the whole, that which we call the coin. We call the sides "Front of the coin" and "Back of the coin". If we were to separate these two sides they would cease to be "Front" and "Back". They are simply two parts of a whole, the difference is only something we imagine.

We have night and we have day but it is the same sky.

There is only unity, look at the universe and you will see.

You mentioned a Coin and its two sides, when actually, it has three sides:

1. Heads
2. Tails
3. Edge (both and/or neither)

The true Unity of the Coin is the Edge, it holds the two primary sides together, making the One Coin, thus, to become the One Coin, ONE must become the Edge.

Neutrality is Universality!

Definition of Universality:

noun: the quality of being universal; existing everywhere

Thus, Neutrality is Duality combined as ONE.

Ribbit

edit on 19-10-2011 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I was actually going to mention the side but I didn't want to complicate my argument
If we were talking about a quarter then we could include every ridge on the side as consisting of two more sides but that would make this point extremely complicated.

The truth is still the same, there is only unity, separation is an illusion.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
It's not that complicated. Ok ok it's an illusion. Clearly the OP is aware of the entire concept of duality being an illusion and a product of the mind, etc.

They want to know how you/we all have dealt with the difficulties of duality while still immersed in the illusion despite being Aware of the unity.

If you happen to honestly and truly in every moment exist as one with the Tao with no experience of duality... then congratulations, you're as useful as a rock (that is a compliment). Otherwise... I think we have all experienced the ups and downs of awareness. Or the ungraspability of Zen like water... and the subsequent "enlightenment depression" when someone is early on the path of awakening.

Sometimes we are in such a hurry to wake everyone up we forget what we're waking up for... to listen to each other.

Yup OP... it can be tough... though it's nice to remember that the tougher the challenge, the more the universe thinks you're up for, even if you don't know why yet.

Namaste!
edit on 19-10-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join