It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Carbondale, PA a secret military base?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Arcade425

Scranton also has a massive general dynamics plant in Scranton.

Lots of old boy networks in the area.

One look at the city hall building in Scranton and Wilkes Barre and you know something is going on in that town.

Used to be massively wealthy with coal barons 100 years ago, the super wealthy.

Also one f my uncles is way way up in intelligence, lives in Manassas Virginia. He used to live in Wilkes Barre doing super secret tech stuff. Last I ever heard he was into designing simulation software.

edit on 6/30/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I just got some slates with fossilised ferns in them from Carbondale this week. Must be a conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: watcher3339

I watched that ISS flyover from nearly and it was so low, it was crazy. Nothing like any other ISS pass I've seen, it looked like Close Encounters was tracking over my street...seriously.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

The answer is actually really old and boring.

This is just my opinion how the pieces fit together and not based on anything but intuition.

There is a company Headquartered in Simpson founded in 1894.

Gentex Corporation is a privately held company that focuses on the manufacture of U.S. and international military, special forces, commercial, law enforcement, emergency medical services and First Responder Personal Protective Equipment products, as well as aluminized fabrics, Lifetex Fabrics, Clearweld, Filtron, and Precision Polymer Processors.

From their website:

Gentex is first and foremost a technology company, proficient in a wide range of core competencies that yield a unique fusion of technologies. We currently develop and manufacture custom high-tech electronic products for the automotive, aerospace, and commercial fire protection industries.

Where there is one long running contractor building tech for the military, there are others.

Their consumer products seem to be smoke detectors and auto-dimming rear view mirrors.

They could also make high tech jump suits, or something with photosensitive glass by the sound of it.

Here is likely the "center" of it all:

edit on 25-8-2020 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
the low-down

More About The West Side Carbondale, Pennsylvania Mine Fire by Kathleen Purcell Munley

Overview
In early 1947 residents of the west side of Carbondale, Pennsylvania began noticing a peculiar steam escaping from the ground. An investigation into this phenomenon revealed that Carbondale was slowly but steadily being destroyed by a burning inferno deep below its surface--a fire raging through the deserted anthracite coal mine shafts that twisted and turned beneath that part of the city. After several years of attempting to contain the fire by flushing, municipal leaders decided that the only sure way of eliminating the threat to the community was by digging it out. To eradicate the burning menace, hundreds of homes and buildings were purchased and destroyed, and what was once a vibrant neighborhood became an abandoned wasteland.

Historian Kathleen Purcell Munley narrates here the story of this great fire, identifying its source, tracing its history, and, through personal interviews with former Carbondale residents, reveals its physical and psychological toll. The mine fire destroyed the West Side as it was, but this volume will keep its memory alive and preserve an important chapter in the history of Carbondale and Pennsylvania.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join