It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Carbondale, PA a secret military base?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Greetings Above Top Secretions,
The other day my friends were driving through this really weird town. There were no poor people, no crappy houses, no dinged up cars, no minorities. It looked like one of those messed up suburban areas in Edward Scissorhands. As we were driving through I noticed that there were like 30 Cellphone towers ringing this rather small town. I got a creepy feeling from the place and told my friend to leave.
Carbondale being a small old coal mining town, I was reminded of

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Upon returning home and doing a little research I found out that there are an unusually high amount of defense contractors operating out of this little town.

Crew Corporate Systems
2 Enterprise
Carbondale, PA 18407

POLYKINETICS, INC
30 ENTERPRISE
CARBONDALE, PA 18407

GLASS PRODUCTS INC
0 CLIDCO DR
CARBONDALE, PA 18407-2272

Lockheed mArtin
459 Kennedy Drive
Archbald, PA 18403

Hanna Chem Inc
Street: 10 Enterprise
Carbondale, pa 18407-1880
Phone: (570) 282-3327

Gentex Optics
324 Main St
Carbondale PA 18407-7118

SUPPLY CHAIN SOLUTIONS, INC.
100 ENTERPRISE DR
CARBONDALE , PA 18407

G & W INSTRUMENTS INC
277 BROOKLYN ST
CARBONDALE, PA 18407-2829

CRITELLI ELECTRIC AND CONSTRUCTION
239 ROUTE 247 CRYSTAL LAKE
CARBONDALE, PA 18407-0000

General Dynamics Land Systems
Carbondale, PA 18407
Phone: (570) 876-7600
Business Types: Aerospace Industry, General Dynamics, Information & Referral Services

and many many more

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

edit on 18-10-2011 by robomont because: spelling

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
yep you busted them.see what each company specializes in and put the parts together.they did the same thing in the seventies in garland texas.they put all these high tech companies in one business park.look up where garrett electronics is located.my uncles galium arsenide microchip plant used to be there.so was a plant that reproduced th allende letters on the philadelphia experiment.oh ga chips are not effected by emp.lotsa spooky stuff in that park.carbondale probly same way.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by robomont

They all make stuff for spaceships, (life support systems, high tech alloys, laser guidance, electronics systems, high tech foams, glass for cockpits, naval stuff)
edit on 18-10-2011 by dashen because: ok

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
yea i got on the eg&g website last year and they were offering contract services.i checked out there production and it was mostly high voltage products.my guess,the sport model.if was theorized that they were building ufos at area 51.nice thread.do you think they are storing them in an underground mine complex.there invisible you know.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by robomont

I don't know if they're building UFO's but I do know that that place freaked the bejeezus out of me.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I looked at it on google maps there looks like there are several mines around the town.
it also showed a mall and some stores.
But that in no way tells what it looks like from the ground.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

Its a town with a population of less than 10,000.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I live like 30 miles away from there past a place called Tunkhannock. Been to carbondale a couple times. Never noticed anything strange. I don't like it there though. It seems very run down and boring. Could be a good cover though, I suppose. The biggest Proctor and Gamble paper plant in the world is about 40 miles away. Most of the people around there work at P&G, including myself. Maybe some of those contractors do work for P&G?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
wow really good thread. im gonna go do some hw on those names

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'm originaly from Wilkes-Barre not to to far from CarbonDale. I can see this, there are a lot of military companies up that way. there's a huge one in wilkes-barrel called Medico Industries. They build bombs and ect

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Hey folks- gotta tell you something that I've been noticing this summer. I live west of milford, PA, and when I go out back on the deck to smoke I always look at the stars. Good viewing in the near darkness of the woods there. Anyway, when I read this I checked the google map and found the back deck faces almost exactly towards Carbondale. Kinda explains some weird things me and my girlfriend have seen on more than two occasions in that area of the sky, plus other areas.

I'm no idiot (at least that's my opinoin...), but I do work in quality. My education is to observe, collect data, analyze... I don't own a telescope (yet), and have no pictures. But I'm hoping someone can at least support the supposed evidence. I know, I know, no pics = didn't happen- I'm working on that. And I know what conventional aircraft look & sound like- see lotsa them. But this was different. Gave off green, blue, yellow red, & white colors, blinking similar to strobes, but more glowing than blinking...

First time was poor weather: overcast, thundering, raining: most definetely not helicoptor weather. Object hovered for about 1/2 hour, under the clouds. Glides a little left, then a little right, hovers for 5 - 10 minutes, slowly rises into cloud cover. Estimated distance? Wallenpaupack-Carbondale area. Poke fun at your will, I really don't mind. Just curious if anyone else is seeing weird stuff in NE PA...

edit on 19-10-2011 by PaTommyJ because: WEST of milford, not east...dummy!

edit on 19-10-2011 by PaTommyJ because: Correcting lots of fat finger errors...

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
There was a UFO *CRASH* in Carbondale in 1974 too.
www.burlingtonnews.net...

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
AVNET INC
459 KENNEDY DR
ARCHBALD, PA 18403-1527
in carbondale Avnet, Inc. (NYSE:AVT) is one of the largest distributors of electronic components, including connectors and semiconductors; technology solutions, computer products ...

Right Across the street from the Carbondale Lockheed Martin Plant.
edit on 19-10-2011 by dashen because: LHM

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I've been in Carbondale area doing jobs over the years. The Tobyhanna base isn't far from their either.
I think Tobyhanna is making missle parts for the Tomahawks if i recall. There are many contractors in that area. iassume they are all related to each other.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mugger

They do alot more than that.......

From wikipedia

The depot’s mission is total sustainment, including design, manufacture, repair and overhaul, of hundreds of electronic systems. They include satellite terminals, radio and radar systems, telephones, electro-optics, night vision and anti-intrusion devices, airborne surveillance equipment, navigational instruments, electronic warfare, and guidance and control systems for tactical missiles. Tobyhanna is DoD’s recognized leader in the areas of automated test equipment, systems integration and downsizing of electronics systems.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

I though of Tobyhanna as well, but that's a little south of my 'thing'... My boss' ex worked there and he was in the electronics field so I didn't really give it much credence. Probably should have considering what I'm reading today.

Monday night I went out to wtch the ISS fly over (very cool sight BTW...) from west to east,and as it neared the eastern horizon I spotted a flicker off to the east of my location, just above the tree tops. That one I observed for a good long time- several observations over 4 hours. Same light pattern and hovering, but as time progressed it moved futher east, than came back to near same spot, only a little nearer and a tad north of where I first spotted it. I was also tracking the stars that night and as the stars moved up it moved down- definetely not a star... Wasn't there last night.

Anyway, thanks folks for your thoughts. I appreciate your help in pulling me back off the crazy train.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I am originally from carbondale. Trust me, there are plenty of poor people and crappy houses!!!

there was a ufo that crashed back in russell park. the little lake back there was glowing green. The military came in and hauled it out on the back of a semi...covered obviously

the official story was that someone threw a miners lantern into the lake

i wish i knew what part you were talking about that looked like edward scissor hands....remember the street names?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
AVNET INC
459 KENNEDY DR
ARCHBALD, PA 18403-1527
in carbondale Avnet, Inc. (NYSE:AVT) is one of the largest distributors of electronic components, including connectors and semiconductors; technology solutions, computer products ...

Right Across the street from the Carbondale Lockheed Martin Plant.
edit on 19-10-2011 by dashen because: LHM

Nothing weird about Avnet... they sell components to companies all over the world... think of them as a distributor of electronic components.... You could order from them yourself if you wanted to.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
I am originally from carbondale. Trust me, there are plenty of poor people and crappy houses!!!

there was a ufo that crashed back in russell park. the little lake back there was glowing green. The military came in and hauled it out on the back of a semi...covered obviously

the official story was that someone threw a miners lantern into the lake

i wish i knew what part you were talking about that looked like edward scissor hands....remember the street names?

The part that looked like edward scissor hands was called Jessup, and it was weird, no dark people at ALL.
Carbondale was weird on account of the excessive cell phone towers, 20-25 giant wind turbines, huge piles of coal debris greeting you off highway 6, and ridiculous amount of high technology work being conducted.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join