It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Money Bomb of Biblical Proportions: October 19 for Ron Paul

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

I don't get it either, I'm not sure if Carseller is trolling or really does believe in Herman Cain and just hasn't heard the truth about his past. But then again, why would he say Ron Paul = D.C. politician = automatically raise tons of money when it doesn't even apply to every D.C. politician, especially NOT Ron Paul.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I know a decent guy when I see him.

It's a shame I cant donate, since I'm not American. I sure would if I could !

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by seachange

Thanks for the heads-up about this; S&F given, donation made.
The polls I'm most interested in seeing are the exit polls that'll be taken come Election Day 2012.
While I think it's realistic not to expect major sweeping changes across the board by President Paul, I also think it's realistic to say that he now has a fighting chance to become President Paul, & therefore to be able to make any changes he can manage to push through.

The game changer for me this time around is the fact that many formerly politically apathetic Americans have been hit where it hurts. Their lifestyle comfort zone has either been cut down drastically, or is no longer there. They have had it proven to them that something is definitely wrong with the System as-is, & they're angry enough to demonstrate en masse.
Yes, some of the interviewed participants in the Occupy movement have come across as totally self-absorbed, but when their voting power is added to that of their more politically astute fellow/sister citizens, Dr Paul may receive the additional votes he needs to make it.

What's needed now is increasing groundswell support for his candidacy, too large in the public eye to be swept under the media rug, hopefully insuring that no obvious Election Day voting machine hanky-panky will occur.
edit on 10/19/11 by BuzzCory because: Clarification

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Just made my donation. Never have before, but Dr. Paul is the only guy I've ever seen running who I can look at and honestly think he can do something good for the country.

Military here btw. I was actually having a conversation with some of my buddies (who are also in the military) today, and was actually surprised to hear that most of them (who I was almost sure were neo-conservatives) actually shared many of Dr. Paul's sentiments.

We all agreed that the current policy of constant deployment overseas and out-of-control defense spending is not only unsustainable, but is also putting too much of a burden on our active duty service members who are on these constant deployments.

I still think the US has a leadership role in the world, but, I think right now that role is to 'lead by example'. What incentive does the developing world have to adopt democracy if all they see is us bickering with each other, not actually accomplishing anything?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Wow 1.5million at 7pm.
I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but if you buy Ron Paul merchandise from his store it also counts as contribution.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It just blows my mind, that what Paul is proposing would help EVERYONE get out of this mess, so why the hell would you vote for the others? Who are these morons voting for these obvious lackeys that are running?

How did Cain win the Florida straw poll? Why the hell would you vote for someone that ran a pizza chain and worked for the FED? It just boggles the mind how the public is so disillusioned and obtuse these days, especially with the internet at their disposal.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Goosbumps. I am Scottish, and that gave me Goosbumps.
I stand side by side by American Friends.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I've always admired Ron Paul's courage to stand by his convictions despite never being given any real mainstream credibility.

That's starting to feel different all of a sudden. I never saw him as electable in the past, but this time, maybe. He's getting more and more attention, and it highlights the facts about his opponents, which can only work in his favor:

- Romney is a professional campaigner, and looks good on magazine covers. But he's a wishy-washy stuffed shirt RINO.

- Perry would also look good on a magazine cover, and has some actual positive, current political experience, but he's a windbag and can't keep up in a discussion about real issues.

- Herman Cain is, umm, he's, well, WHO THE $#&! IS HERMAN CAIN? REALLY? And we thought Obama lacked experience. . .!

- Newt Gingrich is a decent conservative that did wonders in his day, but his personal history torpedoes his electability.

RP is only thin double-digits behind the front runners, with Perry and Cain doomed to fall out soon. Gingrich is resurgent, but see above. If Paul can move into second behind Romney and actually get a chance to debate him one-on-one, Romney is finished. Period. He doesn't hold a candle to Paul in ANY AREA of political knowledge, expertise, or clarity of his values and stances on the real issues we face as Americans.

I just donated to, bought signage from, and volunteered for RON PAUL 2012.

-Mordeen
edit on 19-10-2011 by Mordeen because: replaced "past" with "history"

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by omarm1984
Wow 1.5million at 7pm.
I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but if you buy Ron Paul merchandise from his store it also counts as contribution.

That's nice. I was actually waiting for the last minutes to throw in my coin. I think I'll pick myself up a yard sign while I'm at it. (No, I don't have one yet.. stop shaking your head like that)

I had a look over at the shipping prices, $7.50 to ship a $6.00 sign! Ouch! I take it less than half of this would even be a net profit.

Well, I think my money will be better spent just contributing directly, and I'll just make my own signs - the printer could use a little workout anyway.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I know it's a long shot but I'd really like to see Ron Paul out there in 2012. I've made my first ever political donation. Feels weird, I don't like giving out money! (college student mentality)

I felt this was worth it however as I've been fed up with how things have been run lately.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodLifeGodLike

How did Cain win the Florida straw poll? Why the hell would you vote for someone that ran a pizza chain and worked for the FED? .

"3,500 delegates were chosen to attend by county chairs, with another 1,500 apparently attending by the random lottery method.... At $175 a ticket, it doesn't seem very likely to me that only 2,657 delegates would vote. That is an enormous difference. With the straw poll being taken and closed before 4:30pm instead of after 4:30pm as in the schedule, it seems very likely these results are completely invalid."

"With 3,500 voters, it means NO VOTE came in 2nd place with 24% of the vote. With 5,000 attenders, NO VOTE comes in 1st place with 47% of the vote."

"And if that ISN'T the story, then this is the story: the GOP had 24% - 46% of its members not voting in its OWN STRAW POLL, that they were especially picked for."

""The straw poll was conducted in a very disorganized and insecure manner. We did the best we could within our county delegation to make sure that each delegate present got a ballot and that they were turned in. However, it was so chaotic, I didn't really feel confident in the process. It would have been easy to manipulate the results."

"I was surprised by the extremely low vote count. At the opening of the afternoon session, they announced there were 3,471 delegates checked in for the poll. So how come only 2,657 people voted? Who would pay $175 plus travel, and possibly hotel expenses, to go there, but NOT VOTE. The room was pretty full (and our county delegation was packed), but it seems likely that people missed the vote, or that votes were pulled."

Herman Cain 985 28.14% 19.70%
Rick Perry 409 11.69% 8.18%
Mitt Romney 371 10.60% 7.42%
Rick Santorum 289 8.26% 5.78%
Ron Paul 276 7.89% 5.52%
Newt Gingrich 223 6.37% 4.46%
Jon Huntsman 61 1.74% 1.22%
Michele Bachmann39 1.11% 0.78%
NO VOTE 24.20% (3500) or 46.94% (5000)

“…There’s some unconfirmed chatter about strategic voting pumping up Cain’s numbers.”

"Of course, the real reason I’m thinking that the 2011 Florida Straw Poll was rigged is because – well, after having spent the better part of a quarter of a century involved in the dark underbelly of politics and having been involved in my fair share of straw polls – I can smell this kind fish from a thousand miles away."

deadlinelive.info...

www.dailypaul.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.globalrhetoric.com...

My thread about Cain being using to Blacklist Paul and how the Florida Straw Poll was rigged to allow for this happen. Mind you, this thread has all but died (no real ATS support, or no skeptics)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 19-10-2011 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I don't know what effect it will have, but I put my money where my mouth is and made a donation. At the least, I hope it will how in the statistics that Ron Paul is receiving help from a lot of people, which will show that he's got a lot of people behind him even if he doesn't have the most money put into his fund. That is what honestly counts.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I think the reason you're not seeing such a huge day as happened in '07 is this whole campaign has been better run, better organized, and better funded from the beginning. I imagine the heavy donors have already laid down their max contributions.

One thing that would interest me greatly is someone had the figures for the number of unique donors for each candidate. Frankly, I think the "put your money where your mouth is" indicator would tell the truth of who has real popular support, and who has manufactured consent.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Made my donation. I hope the blow-hards who keep spouting that we all "stuff" the Ron Paul Polls...read this thread, and see we also "stuff" his campaign purse...

A lot of little "stuffers" one at a time...add up to BIG support

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I won't donate money since i live on the other side of the globe, but you mr. Paul have my full moral support!

Godspeed!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cassandranova
I think the reason you're not seeing such a huge day as happened in '07 is this whole campaign has been better run, better organized, and better funded from the beginning. I imagine the heavy donors have already laid down their max contributions.

One thing that would interest me greatly is someone had the figures for the number of unique donors for each candidate. Frankly, I think the "put your money where your mouth is" indicator would tell the truth of who has real popular support, and who has manufactured consent.

Over the course of many hours, people were having trouble donating today--some kind of technical problem, but some have said hacking! Anyway, there's a good possibility that the BLACK THIS OUT moneybomb will be extended until midnight October 21, 2011! An additional 2 days!!
www.ronpaulforums.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
If I could donate I sure as hell would because I can see what you guys need too and it sure as hell isn't someone who used to work for the FED or any of the other idiots who have destroyed their states

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Contributed. Not the first time, and I didnt contribute a lot, but it feels good to support someone my heart AND mind tell me is the right man for the job.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by varikonniemi
I won't donate money since i live on the other side of the globe, but you mr. Paul have my full moral support!

Godspeed!

So am i, being the other side of the world means nothing. I am going to donate even though i am not Amercian just because the USA has such a great impact on the international front, I for one definitely don't want an idiot in office for the USA who is interested for himself and the big corps. The wrong person in office could lead to another war which will bring our countries in the conflict as well!

I can't afford to donate much, but if everyone had the same mindset it would all add up very quickly.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Congratulations to Ron Paul who has cracked his 2011 money bomb record of $1.4 million in 24 hours, and $1.8 million within 48 hours. The record has been shattered to pieces!
edit on 19-10-2011 by seachange because: Edited in correct number!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join