It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 Israeli soldier in exchange for more than 1000 Palestinians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Now I don't usually follow the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians closely, however this issue seemed completely bizarre.

First, why would you give up so many terrorist for 1 soldier. Especially ones who had earned a life sentence for their attacks. Surely they could have handed over a dozen minor offenders for the guy. How did they come up with such a large number for negotiating the release? Is there more to this than anyone is reporting?

The thing that no one is making a big deal about, and I think should be is the condition of the soldier in comparison to the Palestinian terrorists released. The soldier, Gilad Shalit looks emaciated, with his cloths hanging off of him. Compare this photo of him before capture. To this photo of his return. This is shameful, but I don't expect more from a terrorist group.

Now compare his condition to that of the terrorist released, shown in this video.

All look fat and happy.

Why is this disproportionate exchange and drastic difference in condition of treatment not a story?
edit on 18-10-2011 by Wolf321 because: title mod

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

If you are really happy about this liberation... just be happy!!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by greenCo

I didn't say I was happy about it. I consider Hamas a true terrorist group based upon their ideals and actions. Militants who wish to be faceless are not worth any consideration for negotiations or recognition.

If I were an Israeli citizen I would be pissed that they let so many convicted murders go.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Main reason this was done was a big "STFU" from israel to palestine.

What the Israelis are effectively saying with this swap is that 1 Israeli life is worth atleast 1,000 palestinians....nothing more, nothing less.

This is Israel making a statement about how superior they feel.

Small "circumcized" penis syndrome if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Well I don't think it will get anything positive accomplished.

They already had Palestinians saying "We need to take another Gilad Shilat" so they can get more Hamas terrorist back.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I have always wonder why this guy was so important to Israel. Even wonder why terrorists kept him alive so long. Is this guy some important figure in Israel's future?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

That's an angle I hadn't considered.

I tried to find out if he had any powerful or important family, but uncovered nothing. He was a low ranking, and seemingly unimportant character within the military.

It's definitely a head scratcher.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The thing that I found interesting about this story and a question that nobody seems to be asking...

What The Hell is Israel doing with over 1000 Palestinians in custody to begin with?????

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

Not only that, but if they could spare 1000, how many more do they have? Also, what did the ones they didn't release do, considering they released convicted murderers??

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

Why is this disproportionate exchange and drastic difference in condition of treatment not a story?
edit on 18-10-2011 by Wolf321 because: title mod

It's subtly disguised ethnic superiority on the behalf of the Israelis. What they're saying is that one Israeli is worth 1000 Palestinians. Again, they are using propaganda to their advantage.

Oh, already said by MM. Starred you for it fella.
edit on 18-10-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

top topics

join