It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN GOP DEBATE **discussion thread**

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by bone13

Actually, he WILL get reelected. Sorry man, I know he's not your cup of tea, but... well, the Republicans aren't exactly graced with an all-star team here. Ron Paul really is the best... and he's not that good. I know, it's blasphemy around here, but it's true.

Ron Paul takes the stage, says "My plan is to fire hundreds of thousands of people, privatize several chunks of the public service sector at a 75% loss, and then do absolutely nothing except collect a taxpayer-paid salary for the next four years, enjoy your weed." and you think he'll win?

Exactly, and Romney most likely be the Republican candidate and I just laugh. The republicans could easily win over Obama if they actually got a decent candidate, but the best they got is Romney. The race will be closer than it should be because of all the hate that Obama is getting lately but he'll still win imo.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I watched it last night and all I can say is.....

What a total bunch of stupid idiots. the questions were horrible and only led to Mitt and Perry bickering center stage. Most of the questions didn't get answered directly and when they did it was a pathetic answer. That woman..don't know her name is down right scary "IRAN is our greatest threat! we must stop them from getting nukes at all costs! Plus we need a triple thick complete wall that will cost billions!" I wouldn't want to see on her bad week.....

I couldn't believe that was a potus debate......more like a high school popularity contest.

What I laughed at the most though was when they talked about foreign aid......"we must stop foreign aid to our enemies...but continue giving it to our allies namely Israel. Oh by the way, How DARE Palestine try to get state hood" Do they realize that most of their "enemies" have been their allies until deemed unworthy of such? Of coerce they do.

Smoke and Mirrors.......pathetic "debate"

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Wednesday, October 19, 2011

FYI just now, FOX cable news had Ron Paul on for a one-on-one 10 minute segment. He makes so much sense.

Paul also said he liked last night's debate, due to him getting more time to speak.

I'll look for a video of interview to post in a bit.
edit on 19-10-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

Newt won the debate. Newt and Herman Cain were the 2 adults on the stage.
9-9-9 is doing well with the American people.
9% Corporate Rate
9% Income Tax
9% National Sales Tax

Rick Perry is toast. He actually looked worse last night.
Romney looked desperate and unpresidential.

Recent Poll: Cain 43% Obama 41% Bye bye Obama.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Though I support and will vote for Ron Paul I would have to say the winner of last nights debate was Obama and the biggest loser was Anderson Cooper. Good job CNN.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
why focus on the tax plans, or any other plans these guys have, none will pass congress anyway, best a president can do is getting the troops home and full audits of fed, so really Ron Paul is the only choice.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Ron Paul takes the stage, says "My plan is to fire hundreds of thousands of people, privatize several chunks of the public service sector at a 75% loss, and then do absolutely nothing except collect a taxpayer-paid salary for the next four years, enjoy your weed." and you think he'll win?

He's not going to up and fire hundreds of thousands of people. You seem intelligent enough, why do you knowingly post false information? If you really think that's true, watch this interview from today...

www.youtube.com...

It's pretty surreal to see the media finally taking him seriously, but I welcome it...despite your previous assertion that we'll ditch him if he becomes front runner. I've been waiting for the other idiots to eat themselves and the only man with a real plan to be left standing, and it seems that time is upon us. And the weed comment is tired, and immature. That's gonna be up to the states, he's just gonna keep federal fingers out of it...

ETA: He also said he will cut his own pay, to 39,000 a year, to match the median income of Americans. Granted, it's symbolic, but it's a good message to send us.
edit on 19-10-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

Our soldiers spend their pay in Germany's economy, their pay is our tax dollars. Also, I'm sure we pay Germany "rent" for the bases...

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Thanks for your reply. Makes total sense to me

Don't get me wrong, Germans see the US as their friends today and you are welcome here of course... but US military presence is no longer necessary in the way it was after WW2.

Bring your troops home

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I've been reading some of the posts in this thread and I must say that I find your posts the most disturbing. Your comments about Dr. Paul getting ripped apart by bears aside, here's why I say that:

I am deeply bothered by the ignorance that seems to be prevalent these days in our country. Most people who vote don't even know why they're voting for the candidates, other than the usual reasons like "Fox (or CNN, MSNBC, etc.) told me to". Imagine how much better it would be if we decided to start thinking for ourselves?

But they're not the ones who really get under my skin; it's the informed fatalists like you that do. I cite the quote from political philosopher Edmunde Burke: "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle", as I think it is appropriate in this case (it is more commonly quoted as "all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"). You recognize that he is the best choice we have out of all of the nominees, even going so far as to say you would support him and yet you bash him left and right. That combined with that classic enemy of Democracy, the 'he-could-never-get-elected' mentality, does not help the situation one bit.

But it's a free country and I recognize your right to your opinion. Just remember, like all of the other anti-Paul-ians who have become just as 'fanatical' as the Paul supporters they hold so much contempt for, that when this country elects another status quo, corporate-purchased, military-industrial supporting candidate (you seem to be smart enough to realize this), all you can say is that you did nothing.

I will admit that I do not agree with everything he says. But he, objectively, the most honest and consistent (and thus, the most predictable) candidate on the ballot. Like the idea of a very serious possibility of a war with Iran in the near future? Fine. Then lets all help Perry or Romney or Bachmann or Cain get elected.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Obama will be re-elected, but it will probably be an ostensibly tight race.

1. Romney will be the nominee.
  2. Cain will not be the nominee. He's black. It sounds horrible, and racist, but it's true. The Republican base will absolutely never let the general election come down to black guy (a) or black guy (b). It's actually 100% impossible. So, Cain jumping out in front is a non-issue. It's ratings, people. That's it. (disclaimer: I'm not even slightly racist. I could care less. I voted Obama, and will again, I'm just stating a fact about the race for republican nomination. My personal opinion about Cain has nothing to do with the color of his skin. And besides, Black Walnut is a delicious flavor.)
  3. Everyone else is living in a fantasy land, including Ron Paul (sorry, guys).

Romney cannot defeat president Obama for several reasons, one of them being he has no chance to win a debate with Obama and debates play a big role in public opinion.

The republican political strategies are clever, but will ultimately fail to swing the independent votes.

My personal opinion of the debate: There were only a very few brief moments where I heard idea-fragments that made logical sense. Everything else was either pure spin, nonsense, or ideas in fantasy land.

To those referencing the "adult in the room," argument. You think being the adult in the room is a successful strategy? Hahahaha. Sorry, it's not.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TimeSpiral

Obama will step aside in January 2012 and let Hillary run against Herman Cain.
VP will be Marco Rubio.
-----------
Polling data has Cain 43% Obama 41%

It will only get worse for Obama.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I say Paul/Trump in 2012. Guaranteed to fix America.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Obama will step aside in January 2012 and let Hillary run against Herman Cain.
VP will be Marco Rubio.
-----------
Polling data has Cain 43% Obama 41%

It will only get worse for Obama.

Oblabla step down...

I don't think so. His ego won't even go there. Plus, his "muse" Valerie Jarrett, won't let him go there. In the event you don't know who she is, I've included a link, and snippet for you.

Valerie says "jump", Oblabla says "how high". He values her opinion over any one else in Washington.

Chicago businesswoman Valerie Jarrett has earned all sorts of nicknames as an aide to President-elect Barack Obama — from "First Friend" to "big sister" to "the other half of Obama's brain." As co-chair of his transition team, Jarrett has spent the past week denying rumors, parsing policy changes and insisting that she doesn't know where she'll end up in the new administration (although Beltway gossip suggests she may be appointed to Obama's seat in the Senate). Of her relationship with the 44th commander-in-chief, Jarrett says simply: "He is my dear friend. I would do anything the President of the United States asked me to do."

Read more: www.time.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
As usual, Ron Paul was the only adult in the room! I believe the debate format was intentionally set up the way it was so that the focus would remain on Romney/Perry/Cain, but especially Romney! If one of the candidates mentioned another candidate's name, then the second candidate got 30 seconds rebuttal time---and how many times was Romney's name mentioned??!! Except for Paul, they were probably all coached in advance to mention Romney's name as much as possible! In addition, the final question should have been couched without the reference to Romney, too. Anybody that votes for any candidate, except Paul, imo, needs their head examined. Why would "we" want a child, someone who resorts to grade-school tactics, to try to turn this country away from the rapidly-approaching abyss??

Ron Paul has already won --to watch those empty suits (and dresses) attempt to parrot his views, proves his influence. Romney even used the word "attrition" and "stole" some talking points from Paul's Restore America Press Conference from the day before! Perry on getting out of the UN, etc--all Ron Paul views. Some of Cain's comments were long-held Paul beliefs, as well! Fortunately, Ron Paul's sincerity shines through, as does the other candidates' phoniness!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception
Total talking time predictions, anyone?

Refuse to watch those losers.. but, I predict: lies, sanctimonious self righteous bullcaacaa, propaganda, and all kinds of prosthetic fake posturing... with soft ball predictable questions and commercials.

Usual and customary circle jerk where viewers eat the dripping wet bread.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
I will watch like I always do.. BUT I don't know why I do.
It's the same lack of questions, lack of quality of questions and lack of face-time given to Ron Paul EVERY_SINGLE time. *sigh*

Don't worry, as a drummer you would find too hard to understand.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Good Lord.....I can't believe what I'm reading. The man has numerous current scandals brewing, including one that leaves him with blood on his hands, and you assume he is going to WIN? If he does win, it certainly will NOT be out of a legal election.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by EleNoN

Originally posted by Wookiep
I will watch like I always do.. BUT I don't know why I do.
It's the same lack of questions, lack of quality of questions and lack of face-time given to Ron Paul EVERY_SINGLE time. *sigh*

Don't worry, as a drummer you would find too hard to understand.

Ooohhh, boy.....you'd better duck to avoid the incoming drumsticks aimed at your head....traveling at high speed.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

Good Lord.....I can't believe what I'm reading. The man has numerous current scandals brewing, including one that leaves him with blood on his hands, and you assume he is going to WIN? If he does win, it certainly will NOT be out of a legal election.

Who will be the new President?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

There is no doubt that it SHOULD be Ron Paul.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join