It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN GOP DEBATE **discussion thread**

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by StarPeace

lol, you really need to do your homework.

everytime facts are introduced to you, you ignore them but you're QUICK to make things up so that your ego and fantasies are fulfilled.

Do yourself a favor and youtube Ron Paul.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by g0dhims3lf

So post a more current one, that is the most current one on their site still open to votes, so now instead of who do you think will win its who do you think won, why not cast if you havent yet its just a poll thats what they are there for. What exactly does it make you wonder about?

the title of the poll

Which candidate do you think will perform the best at CNN's debate on Tuesday at 8 p.m. ET?

Its a prediction...It is meaningless.

The poll posted on here from september is still open too. btw...so are a few polls from august.

I think its fun to post irrevelevant and old polls.....not.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Morons. The president does not create jobs, and not a damn one of these fools knows how economics work.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

lol, you really need to do your homework.

everytime facts are introduced to you, you ignore them but you're QUICK to make things up so that your ego and fantasies are fulfilled.

Do yourself a favor and youtube Ron Paul.

LOL... cause youtube videos tell the whole story. I would expect that argument from one of the kids in the UFO or 2012 forums. "Hey watch this extremely bias video/documentary."
edit on 18-10-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Alright, enough bickering, we're starting to look like the Republican candidates up on stage tonight! What do you like about Herman Cain, and why would he make a good president? Let's start there.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
So. Closing thought?

This was the longest Obama Campaign ad I've ever watched.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

edit on 19-10-2011 by g0dhims3lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by g0dhims3lf

And here we will witness why online polls are trash.

The website is "World Christian News." This is not what you might call a Paul stronghold.

However, the link has been dropped on ATS, basically telling people "vote here." of course, ATS is a Ron Paul stronghold (and probably has more viewers than World news ever will)

prediction:
Ron Paul wins by a landslide in this poll.
Pew or Gallop will give him maybe 25% while either Cain or Romney comes out on top
ATS will whine and have a hissy fit that the random-selection blind poll does not reflect the online poll that ATS just crashed.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Polls are polls of course they are not a determining factor of any actual outcome, they are for fun to spread your opinions on matters. I seen the site name but it was the only current post debate poll I simply posted it because Starpeace was complaining about the other one.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

The website is "World Christian News." This is not what you might call a Paul stronghold.

However, the link has been dropped on ATS, basically telling people "vote here." of course, ATS is a Ron Paul stronghold (and probably has more viewers than World news ever will)

prediction:
Pew or Gallop will give him maybe 25% while either Cain or Romney comes out on top
ATS will whine and have a hissy fit that the random-selection blind poll does not reflect the online poll that ATS just crashed.

Oh snaps some reality!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
So, where is CNN's online poll? What's the deal? They had an online poll asking people to vote for the candidate whom they PREDICTED would win tonight's debate.....but no REAL poll after the debate?

I hate CNN.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I'm just saying. A lot of people on ATS seem to be hinging their stuff on online polls. Trouble is, it's just so damned easy to crash one of those. Plus several of them let you vote multiple times (For instance, Fox news online polls? Hit refresh on the browser, vote again, refresh, vote, refresh, vote... meaningless)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarPeace

prediction:

Oh snaps some reality!!!!!!

I guess it's only ATS members crashing the Ron Paul Money bomb going off right now? Right? $138k in an hour, projecting $3.2 million for the day...

Oh snap.
edit on 19-10-2011 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I'm just saying. A lot of people on ATS seem to be hinging their stuff on online polls. Trouble is, it's just so damned easy to crash one of those. Plus several of them let you vote multiple times (For instance, Fox news online polls? Hit refresh on the browser, vote again, refresh, vote, refresh, vote... meaningless)

Every single poll I've ever taken part in (in the last few years) has only allowed one vote.

Why are you going to Polls and voting over and over and over again anyways?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Yeah well to each there own because I only vote once and all tho I support Ron Paul I thought Gingrich won tonights debate and Paul a close 2nd as both delivered their opinions in a respectable way and did so with intelligence but I especially enjoyed Gingrich calling out how petty Romney and Perry's bickering was and how there is no place for that in a presidential debate.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
LOL on Msnbc Facebook all the Ron Paul support threads are getting deleted under their GOP debate thread. They are making it so obvious now.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by squidboy
Every single poll I've ever taken part in (in the last few years) has only allowed one vote.

I rather doubt that. Like I said, Fox news' website allows you to vote every time the webpage updates. other polls may hold your IP data for a longer period of time. This works okay for polls that are only up for a few hours or so, but eventually the IP logs get purged and you can go in again. There's also IP masking, etc.

To see if it's possible, mostly. because trust me, if I can do it manually, SOMEONE has set up an automated system for it.

And this is of course without even considering the ability of web communities such as our own (or DemocraticUnderground, popular blogs, what have you) to crash the poll.

Simply put, internet polls are worthless compared to blind random polling.

on edit - I checked the repeat ability of the poll posted on Worldmag. It isn't letting a second vote, but the numbers don't seem to have moved at all.
edit on 19/10/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

link   
Interesting quote I saw on another site...

“My friends, you don’t need to do nation building in Israel. We’re already built. You don’t need to export democracy to Israel. We’ve already got it. You don’t need to send American troops to defend Israel. We defend ourselves.”

~ Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu,
May 2011 before the U.S. Congress

link   

I posted that "bug" earlier in this thread. Maybe a connection crashes you hit refresh, and vote again boom 2 votes added to the results.

Out of curiosity visit another site go back to the poll vote again..Boom another vote added.

Hence some polls are poorly designed and managed no doubt some will abuse the system and it's really obvious in those severely lumpsided polls.

Its a known fact that some people abuse polls deliberately.
There are "bots" that will spam a poorly designed poll.
edit on 19-10-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarPeace

I posted that "bug" earlier in this thread. Maybe a connection crashes you hit refresh, and vote again boom 2 votes added to the results.

Out of curiosity visit another site go back to the poll vote again..Boom another vote added.

Hence some polls are poorly designed and managed no doubt some will abuse the system and it's really obvious in those severely lumpsided polls.

Its a known fact that some people abuse polls deliberately.
There are "bots" that will spam a poorly designed poll.

True. In earlier polls that was a problem.

But in recent years, the problem has been basically fixed. Also, I'm sorry to say, but if the Polls could be manipulated in that fashion you would see vastly different numbers on each Poll (depending on who was repeat voting, Robo-voting). You assumptions are saying that only Dr. Paul supporters would rig polls (doubtful).

Why don't you think CNN had a poll following the debate? Because they know the numbers are real.
edit on 19-10-2011 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join