It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US forces 'massing on Afghanistan-Pakistan border'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
For pete's sake...

US forces 'massing on Afghanistan-Pakistan border'

US forces are massing on the Pakistan border in eastern Afghanistan amid reports of an imminent drone missile offensive against fighters from the feared Haqqani Network, a Taliban faction which operates from safe havens in Pakistan's North Waziristan Agency, Pakistan Army sources have confirmed.

The scale of the American build-up, including helicopter gunships, heavy artillery and hundreds of American and Afghan troops, caused panic in north Waziristan where tribal militias who feared they could be targeted gathered in the capital Miranshah to coordinate their response.

Local officials in the Federally-Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) warned that Pakistan's armed forces would repel any incursion across the border by American forces, but military sources in Islamabad and Afghan officials suggested the build-up was part of a coordinated operation.

According to Pakistan Army sources, the U.S had informed Islamabad about the planned build-up and described it as part of a "cordon and search operation" in which Haqqani Network fighters will be pushed over the Afghan border from North Waziristan and then "encircled, arrested or killed" by American forces lying in wait.

Yeah let's hope it's coordinated otherwise..

And even if it's coordinated, we will probably see terrorist attacks in big cities in Pakistan in retaliation... or Pakistan military will not really ``help`` take them down... and that will piss off the US government even more which might push them to send troops INSIDE Pakistan in a few weeks/months if no progress is seen.

The Haqqani network

Like Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, Haqqani was more successful than other resistance leaders at forging relationships with outsiders prepared to sponsor resistance to the Soviets, including the CIA, Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), and wealthy Arab private donors from the Persian Gulf. In the late 1980's, Haqqani had the CIA's full support.

Once CIA, always CIA.

edit on 18-10-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
There is no end to the greed of the war machine.

We will all soon be involved personally in this.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Great more people are about to die...#ing hate the US government, love the people but the government seriously...wlf is wrong with them?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
As Smedley Butler had proclaimed in his book that ...

War is a Racket...

The Rothschilds, owners of the world's banking cartel figured this out long ago..by lending money to Governments in return for their future tax revenues..

The Hessian Mercenaries leased to the King George of England to fight the American Colonists were financed this way...

War is indeed a Racket...

PEACE

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
if you ask me, pakistan is immenently more vulnerable than Iran. gotta think the US is still not happy about UBL

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DieBravely
There is no end to the greed of the war machine.

We will all soon be involved personally in this.

maybe we should expat while we still have the chance.

soon no one will let Americans into their country, for 'we' are the real world terrorists

USA probably wants to engage China, (in bush accent) 'bring it awnnnn'!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The US forces seem to be just about everywhere, but here at home protecting us and our children from the cartels along the mexican border.

Why the hell are my taxes paying for this s#?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Are we hopeless against this?

answers to himself............ So it would seem.

Night all, going to bed............ depressed.

edit on 18-10-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Is it just me on this or am I seeing Syria, Iran and Pakistan being lined up in the bullseye about the same time here? It just struck me like a brick to the head that if you attacked any one of those alone, one of the others would likely respond by treaty or just enlightened self interest at this point. However, if someone were just a hair short of a casting call for the mad hatter, he might think hitting all 3 at once would prevent meaningful retaliation.

Someone tell me this isn't possible and that this can't really be shaping up this way? The Western powers couldn't possibly be that insane in an attempt to divert domestic attention from crisis, or crusade or whatever the heck is driving this insanity at this point.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Is it just me on this or am I seeing Syria, Iran and Pakistan being lined up in the bullseye about the same time here? It just struck me like a brick to the head that if you attacked any one of those alone, one of the others would likely respond by treaty or just enlightened self interest at this point. However, if someone were just a hair short of a casting call for the mad hatter, he might think hitting all 3 at once would prevent meaningful retaliation.

Someone tell me this isn't possible and that this can't really be shaping up this way? The Western powers couldn't possibly be that insane in an attempt to divert domestic attention from crisis, or crusade or whatever the heck is driving this insanity at this point.

..unfortunately you are probably seeing it correctly. Mr. O is that insane, he wants reelected......no matter what. TPTB are getting restless. A good war will calm the masses at OWS.....etc. Remember they can and will make it worse on the masses who won't play their game. Unfortunately.....it will get worse and like another poster said, it will effect us personally soon.........that i believe. I hate it but that is how it is gonna play out.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Finally they clean up that radical islamist haven that is Afpak border region. This is the way, either pull out, or strike decisively.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You beat me to it!

How awfully convenient to release all of this info during the exact height-thus far- of the protests in America. I think our dear leaders are in for some serious trouble from the citizens of the US if they carry through with this.

And if troops are truly building up ( cant have all of those strong smart young soldiers at home to defend the US), which I fully believe, bad bad news................

Buckle up folks

top topics

join