It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom Riders to stage demonstration at FDA headquarters on November 1 in defense of raw milk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Freedom Riders to stage demonstration at FDA headquarters on November 1 in defense of raw milk

www.naturalnews.com

Tired of having their health freedom oppressed by an overbearing US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), mothers from across the US are joining together for a "freedom ride" and protest on November 1, 2011, in defense of the right to transport raw milk across state lines. These mothers and their supporters will travel to Pennsylvania to purchase raw milk, drive back into the state of Maryland where raw milk sales are illegal, and stage a peaceful demonstration in front of FDA headquarters.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Maryland is one of 11 US states where raw milk sales are currently illegal. The retail sale of raw milk is legal in nearby Pennsylvania, but FDA interstate commerce laws prohibits individuals from driving there or to other nearby states to legally buy it and bring it back into Maryland. So because FDA has refused to open up a dialogue to discuss the issue, mothers who cherish the freedom to feed their families this wholesome food product will instead bring the debate right to the FDA's front door instead.

This is quite big! A very important issue which is being addressed by angry mothers. And we all know how proficient an angry mother can be!

Full support from me and I hope this goes somewhere, if people wish to drink natural milk instead of the processed crap then they have that right. The government have NO right in this say whatsoever. The whole situation is completely ludicrous.

Good luck angry mums!

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Add this to our protest list of grievances.

That list just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The FDA are nothing but traitors.

Tell me why everything from irradiated food to harmful allergic reaction inducing halloween face paints are determined to be SAFE and LEGAL by the FDA, yet raw natural milk is UNSAFE and ILLEGAL?

Why are harmful pharmaceutical drugs SAFE and LEGAL while all natural plants with curative properties from all over the world, used for thousands of years, are deemed UNSAFE and ILLEGAL?

It's simple. The FDA is controlled by corporations, like most if not all of America.

Monsanto doesn't want you buying all natural foods. They don't want ANYONE to have all natural foods, except maybe for themselves. What they want is for us ALL to buy THEIR food, so only THEY may profit.

Big Pharma doesn't WANT you growing your own healing plants for free when you could PAYING them and going into DEBT to buy their chemicals!

It's so simple. We have allowed the absolute corruption of this country, and the world, and now we are reaping what we have sewed.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It is BS - the FDA does not prohibit sale of raw milk!!

Raw milk is regulated at state level - and at least 29 states allowed it to be sold in 2009.

Overview of US Raw milk debate

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Raw milk is regulated at state level - and at least 29 states allowed it to be sold in 2009.

Doesn't the FDA tell states what to do though, basically?
Forgive me I'm British.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DieBravely

I wish I could star you twice because you have expressed the situation to perfection.

They made raw milk illegal with some stupid scare tactics about disease from 'clinical tests' that the FDA financed.

And we bought it, hook, line and sinker.

Raw milk is one of the healthiest foods you can consume and it has exceptional benefits for the human immune system.

Few people are aware that clean, raw milk from grass-fed cows was actually used as a medicine in the early part of the last century. That's right. Milk straight from the udder, a sort of "stem cell" of foods, was used as medicine to treat, and frequently cure some serious chronic diseases. From the time of Hippocrates to until just after World War II, this "white blood" nourished and healed uncounted millions.

Raw Milk Benefits

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
“It is the FDA’s position that raw milk should never be consumed,” said Tamara N. Ward, spokeswoman for the FDA, whose investigators have been looking into Rainbow Acres for months, and who finally last week filed a 10-page complaint in federal court in Pennsylvania seeking an order to stop the farm from shipping across state lines any more raw milk or dairy products made from it.

www.washingtontimes.com...

The FDA does too want to stop people from buying, selling and drinking raw milk.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Thanks for that info

I work with milk and I understand how big is that. For me, FDA is a gov. institution that uses its power to make good deals. They don't seem to care how healthy is what we put in our mouths.

Milk used to be good for you.

There is nothing wrong with the raw milk, I said it many times and will repeat it any time I have a chance.

The problem with the raw milk starts with all the unnecessary crap they give to the cows, like artificial hormones in order to increase the production of milk per animal.

This hormone is called RBST (Recombinant bovine somatotropin ), which is an artificial version of the one the cows have. Another artificial addition to the milk are the antibiotics, no need further explanation. All this crap is FDA approved.

So, if you can find milk from a cow kept in a natural way, you are lucky. I used to buy it from farmers when was a kid, just boiled and was ready to enjoy it, and let me tell you, the flavor was different.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Good for them, let the protest Begin on everything, that is taking our choices and our way of life along with the corruption in the government.

I grew up with raw milk, I remember when the milkmen used to ride his littler cart by horse to the houses and deliver the milk that then my mother used to boil and separate the cream for butter this was in PR and I was only 8 years old.

Raw milk is creamier, thicker, it has a green hue and is so tasteful.

But as usual corporate America wants to dictate what we should eat, drink and think, the hell with them all for darn profits.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

It is not BS, it's true. To buy raw milk in many states you need a licence, as dairies have, then it must be pasteurized, homogenized and standarized. Sometimes it is only pasteurized, to be used to make some kind of cheeses.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I still get raw milk, here in my neck of the woods, you can only buy it (for pets), never can say that is for human consumption.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Trueman

I still get raw milk, here in my neck of the woods, you can only buy it (for pets), never can say that is for human consumption.

Yeah brother, I remember there are some states they allow to sell it if it has a label indicating that, (it was a video in youtube I think). Man you are lucky.

edit on 18-10-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I have my own cow and we drink it raw. Raw milk from a healthy cow that is fed primarily grass is the way to go. Currently I am reading this book: "The Untold Story of Milk" by Ron Schmid.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1318980458&sr=8-4

I plan on posting a review of the book when I'm finished. The book tells the sickening story of how raw milk came by it's bad reputation. It is not a pretty story. I try to educate people as much as I can about healthy raw milk. People who come here can see for themselves what a good life my cow has and how clean everything is. I have never had anyone taste her cold raw milk and think it was bad. In fact, they prefer it over cooked milk.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hardamber

Your's is really the ideal situation and I plan on doing the same soon.

There are too many health benefits to drinking raw milk for me to just accept not having it!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by antoinemarionette

If you do join the club there is a great support group at the family cow website. I just helped a friend find a family milk cow. I found her at an Amish farm in Michigan. I picked it up from the farm last Friday and delivered it close to Detroit. The cow is already settled in and the family couldn't be happier. Cows are so sweet and deserve the best care we can give them. They reward you with love and wonderful creamy milk.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
It seems to me that if raw milk were bad for you there would be allot fewer cows. Isn't raw milk what calves drink? Wouldn't cows have trouble raising their young if raw milk were really bad?

top topics

join