It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spanish Children Stolen - Catholic Church heavily Implicated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I don't know how many people were aware of this black saga in the very recent history of Spain:
Spanish Mothers still seeking their Children
Spains stolen babies
Catholic Church Stole Spanish Babies and resold them

"The stealing of these babies went on from 1930s until 1990s when up to 300,000 babies were taken."
"The scandal is closely linked to the Catholic Church, which under Franco assumed a prominent role in Spain's social services including hospitals, schools and children's homes".

If this was the 1600s - then that was a different time. But this is very recent. Words fail me to describe the absolute abuse of power that has gone on here from the Catholic Church. And the last piece of the conspiracy - there has been a pact within Spain not to mention this.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

Missing children is a tragedy and I have no love at all for the Catholic Church, but if there was any real proof to this how come no charges are ever brought against the church? If the scandal is closely linked does that mean there is an investigation into the church?

Or is it that the church is so old and so powerful they literally are above the law?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Yes - and the poor woman in your second link was regarded as being insane for most of her life because she believed her baby was still alive. She never saw the body and was never told how the child died.

They even kept a dead frozen baby to show other mothers that their child had died. Quite sick and truly inhumanity beyond words.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by templar knight

Missing children is a tragedy and I have no love at all for the Catholic Church, but if there was any real proof to this how come no charges are ever brought against the church? If the scandal is closely linked does that mean there is an investigation into the church?

Surely you have already answered your own question.

Or is it that the church is so old and so powerful they literally are above the law?

They control the government:

Despite hundreds of families of babies who disappeared in Spanish hospitals calling on the government to open an investigation into the scandal, no nationally co-ordinated probe has taken place.

As a result of amnesty laws passed after Franco’s death, crimes that took place during his regime are usually not examined. Instead, regional prosecutors across the country are investigating each story on a case-by-case basis, with 900 currently under review.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

And according to the documentary, there are thousands more cases that have never been reported
because the stolen children fear their adoptive parents will be seen as criminals.

And I suppose that if someone in the church was actually tried and convicted of a crime,
they would go to a Catholic priest and confess sins against humanity.

new topics

top topics

join