It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOLY BAILOUT - Federal Reserve Now Backstopping $75 Trillion Of Bank Of America's Derivatives Trade

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

I guess I have two theories on this:

Theory 1: The big banks know they are toast. They are so messed up they know even with all the help in the world they are messed up beyond repair. So they are trying to lose customers as a way of safe guarding the national economy so they can collapse without making waves that are too big(akin to how the Rockefeller's? gave warning about the market being over extending in the 1920's before the fed clamped down. Those who paid attention survived, those who didn't "got what they deserved").

Theory 2: They are trying to scare everyone so a 500 billion-1 Trillion in backing won't seem that big. If they came out and asked for 500 Billion, or heck even 1 Billion, people would flip out. If you paint the picture of several(or Hundred) Trillion's of dollars, get people over worked about that.. Well then that 500 billion doesn't look so bad.

You have to remember that most people in high places tend to be either Psychopaths or Sociopaths. People that are born naturals when it comes to playing mind games.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
I think trying to make a bail-out fly in the midst of the OWS movement and with the general sentiment in the country so anti-bank is going to be like launching a lead derigible. I don't think it can happen. If it did there would be a very serious possibility of riots. My gut tells me that BoA knows the jig's up. This could be their death-throws.

Yes exactly what i was thinking. These banks were so many moves ahead of us and now i believe they just made their last one. Looks like all those nut jobs building bomb shelters and storing water, food, fuel, ECT, ect
Were way smarter then most economists. I bet we have less then weeks away be4 it will all fall to pieces though i wont guess the exact day I will guesstimate between oct. 21 and nov. 5! Though i've been wrong before cause i never thought we would make it to this fall. Do any of you guys remember that game called "life" Ironically at the end of the game was something called the "day of wreckoning"! God help us if it's here! I just hope people don't panic because this may be just what they want! though think how people react to a big snow storm! I'll be damned if it aint blizzarding right now!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nihilarian
We are being raped, our livelihoods are being stolen and our children's futures are being robbed. That said, until we no longer have organized sports, cable television, alcohol, cigarettes and coffee we will never be motivated as a people to do something about it. The fact is we are pathetic, apathetic cowards who wont stick out necks out for fear of losing our simple comforts passed on to us by the slave owners. If anyone feels they can argue this I'd love to hear it.

I applaud you. You have admitted a major fallacy of all civilization which was the easy part now getting people to give these things up in favor of a better society will be much more difficult! I was hoping people would soon start to see that the material world will never transition death unlike love, hate, empathy, kindness, greed, selfishness, Etc, etc. All these things we bring with us like luggage through the thin veil that leaves the physical behind. If we all realized this what a world this would be! without this need to feel connected to something like sports we would instead be connected to each other! One of our many falts is our insecurity and through financial gain we gain a certain security though false as it may be! same when we lose that stability as is happening now! Until we start to confront these fallacies we will never be at peace! If any of you can deny these things I know to be true, I'd love to hear it! PS. I know this is a wee bit off topic but one of the major issues now facing many people is fear, and fear is such a primitive emotion connected to manipulation and as such i would like to state that if everything does fall apart it will be because of fear and not because of any fiat currencies! Roosevelt and Churchill were'nt lieing when they said "All we have to fear is fear itself" and now you all know what they meant by that! Good luck all and remember to concentrate on breathing when you feel most afraid!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracytheoristIAM

There have been theories about the collapse of the world econ for a long time...it was just a matter of when.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nihilarian
We are being raped, our livelihoods are being stolen and our children's futures are being robbed. That said, until we no longer have organized sports, cable television, alcohol, cigarettes and coffee we will never be motivated as a people to do something about it. The fact is we are pathetic, apathetic cowards who wont stick out necks out for fear of losing our simple comforts passed on to us by the slave owners. If anyone feels they can argue this I'd love to hear it.

You sound like a friend of mine, you must be a friend of mine.

No arguments here. But, if I can add to your comment I would simply add the people who don't live in "comfort." The less fortunate. What they fear is not losing what they have because trust me I have known some and they do some risky things to get what little they have. Instead what they fear is their slave drivers whip and rifle.

A budddy of mine attempted to grow dreads two summers ago. He enjoyed time with mary jane (if you know what I mean
), got along with most people, and was a generally happy kid. But, he didnt have money to afford school, his mom was going thru a second divorce, he had a hard time holding a job, and was finding it difficult to afford living (which could be a whole nother rant which I wont get into. Just ask yourselves this who the **** invented affording life????? BLOWS MY MIND). So he did what most 21 year old guys do when they are feeling like they don't have many choices: he joined the military.

I saw him after 6 months of basic and then more specialized training and everything seemed "normal." We out with a few friends to the bar and by the end of the night we were all pretty smashed having a good time like old times. Then my buddy asks me to step outside for a smoke and so I figured I would take the time to ask him how it was going on a real level because as I told you earlier he was a real chill kid before who talked about real issues and had not been into war. Well I guess he had been waiting to talk about because the flood gates opened. He began to rant off a some # that bugged me out. I would go into detail, but again we were drunk and some of the things he was saying I couldn't tell if it was him talking or not. But one thing he mentioned which really bugged me was that he can't get killing off of his mind. He said he felt the NEED to kill. He said he wanted to kill his family and friends because we were here enjoying the fruits of his labor. While he was about to do a tour in afghanistan.

Whats the point of this story? Its to point out a specific event in which only 6 months of "training" will completly change a person. And more deeply this war is not just a physical one but its a war of our minds.

Without our minds we are just cannon fodder, making no decisions for ourselves. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PEOPLE TO FREE THE PEOPLE FROM THE TYRANNY OF THOSE WHO SEEK CONTROL THE PEOPLE. If the people do not stand up and take resposibilty of where this ship has taken us then consider yourselves just as lost as Jack Sparrow at the Worlds End.

Do you understand? DO YOU?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadNinja68

Originally posted by Pervius
Starting in 2005 Banks started giving mortgages to illegal immigrants.

Around 2008 HUD released a report saying 5 million illegals walked away from their mortgages.

The true number now is around 24 million illegals have walked away from their mortgages. They bought and sold homes between themselves and fled America with mega-Trillions.

Average mortgage $350,000....times 24 million illegals....you do the math.

There's a reason South of the Border is booming and America's going down the hole. We been robbed.

Banks are still giving mortgages to illegal immigrants. Since none of those people had SS numbers or ID's...the Banks can't track the people to get their money back.

No.
This is 100% false.
You cannot get a home loan from a bank without a SS# period.
Try it.
No SS= no credit report= no way for banks to set intrest rates for you.

They would loose money from the start if they did this.
When a debt becomes late, they simply sell the contract for 50% of it's balance and write the deficit off as a loss.

This happens over and over, from company to company, until the last company that buys it for say $10% of the original debt balance writes it off.

There might be a few mortgage companies that would do smaller loans with greencards or visas, but they are not big banks and would not put that much working capital on the street without a way to write off any loss as a tax credit.

I used to sell secondary contracts to finace companies.
The banks are crooked, but they are not stupid.

This may have already been posted but I just had to go ahead and do it before I read the whole thread. I don't understand why people still think they aren't getting loans.

www.boston.com...

michellemalkin.com...

www.businessweek.com...

money.cnn.com...

www.liberallyconservative.com...

www.npr.org...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Here's a related thread:

Absolutely Unacceptable!
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by projectvxn
started on 10/23/2011 @ 11:38 AM

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracytheoristIAM
Maybe I'm not understanding this, but isn't this the beginning of the rapid demise of all banking systems? No one can backstop 75 trillion, let alone the Fed. The FDIC is in the hole already and can't even back up the 7 trillion of monies in the U.S. banking system. The elusive game is finally going to expose itself...the whole world can't backstop the 600 trillion in derivatives debt...can it??

Financial experts and historians in the banking industry have conservatively
estimated the total derivatives bubble worldwide at a bit more -- 1.5 QUADrillilion.
Imagine that amount in singles: if stacked up in one neat pile at each Big George
being 3 1/2 mils thick (.0035 in.), it would go about 90% of the way to the sun.
That's a lot of beer and pizza. It's also about twelve times what the whole
planet's assets are worth. Greed is Gecko, and I'm not talking our insurance cutie.
I'm also convinced it will stay buried and out of the real news until we all get our
new tax bills (excuse me, invoices).

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Not really news, but this is worth a bump Midnight. We've been underwriting
these FR clowns since 1914 and it's the biggest scam ever. Our money is
already visibly tanking in value NOW (head of lettuce is two bucks in my town)
and a pound of stew meat costs what a 20 oz. steak did five years ago.
I don't know about you, but my wage hasn't gone up 50% in the last five
years, I'm a tool maker-- not an investment banker. Time to start sawing off
some SOLID aluminum for those zombie bats... and buy some more beans

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by derfreebie

I hear you there, I only got a 2000 a year raise in the last 5 years myself. I have known that the end game has been coming soon, so I have been putting money into preps. I have worked hard to barely have any debts, so when the hammer comes down on this phony economy, I am ready as I will ever be.

I have read that many food staples will be doubling in price in the next few months (peanut butter by the end of the month)
edit on 23-10-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
There is a whole lot of misunderstanding in this thread.... check out this link and it will clear it up for you...

www.bloomberg.com...

the Fed is only on the hook for 1T... not 75T

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
what i don't get is why they don't just forgive each other's and everyone else's debt, wipe the slat clean. and we all start with no debt, and work from there. it's not real debt anyway, so why pretend it's real? ?
edit on 19-10-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

see my signature.

The instrument is already made.

now we just need some sucker to wield it. maybe I'll do it, since I've already fired the Government.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry

You need insurance, and other things tied to vehicle ownership. One piece of credit opens up another. When you buy your next car, is anyone going to say,"Guy that bought an Escalade, we don't want your business. We won't bend the rules for you and help you get what you need."

If they did, that gentleman will go elsewhere for his needs.

You don't need insurance. Insurance is a liability for your life experience. Insurance is a vice. It's a form of gambling. If you use insurance you are betting that God (or whatever you believe is in charge of your universe) will hit you with some hardship that will cost more, monetarily, than the money you are paying into insurance payments.

I don't use insurance because I am responsible. Maybe the Mexican Escalade driver knows how to be responsible and sees through a lot of the BS that Americans still believe.

I haven't had to be tested on any of this, because frankly, I'm practically invisible, and God hasn't burned my house down yet, or sent a car to smash into me.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a one time usury fee is all they should be allowed to charge.
all that money wasted on mortgages could stoke the U.S economy.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
i read someplace that the global economy produces somewhere near $129 Trillion per year

and that sentence was followed by the statement there are near $600 Trillion in derivatives out there

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
There are so many ticking time bombs out there it's amazing it hasn't all crashed already. We are running on fumes pure delusions at this point it seems.
edit on 25-12-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
WOW! I really feel secure now with the Federal Reserve Now Backstopping $75 Trillion Of Bank America's Derivatives Trade. Pump up the fiat money machine keep printing the endless stream of money. Don't worry about inflation today start worrying about hyperinflation tomorrow. ^Y^
edit on 25-12-2011 by amari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
There is a whole lot of misunderstanding in this thread.... check out this link and it will clear it up for you...

www.bloomberg.com...

the Fed is only on the hook for 1T... not 75T

I think you are the one who is misunderstanding. There is nothing in that article that says anything about the derivative exposure only being 1 trillion. It says the deposits on hand are 1 trillion.

The whole issue here is that B of A is trying to say the derivatives deserve FDIC backing. I have heard that the derivatives are actually structured so that in the event of a failure they are supposed to be paid back first - even before the depositors. Now this runs counter to common sense, but who the heck knows anymore this government is so out of control.

Now would the losses be less then the 70 some trillion, yes most likely they would be, possibly far less like as little as 5 trillion. That is still an ENORMOUS amount of money - the equivalent of 2 1/2 years of all taxes collected. As I said previously though - we aren't just dealing with B of A, if they go down, pretty much every major bank will go down with them.

B of A failing most likely WILL cause the entire world economy to implode. No this story is not overblown, completely the opposite, this might very well be the most important story in the world, but virtually no one is talking about it.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

There is a point beyond which, numbers mean nothing and Doom is simply the only way left to describe things. When ALL the gold *EVER* mined on Earth by mankind is estimated in the range of $7 Trillion of value....75 Trillion is simply miles and MILES beyond the looking glass and so deep in Fantasy Land that I think we've forgotten how to get back.

This just isn't reality any longer. Nothing on this planet...COMBINED....in real world, physical items of ANY KIND can even apporach 75 trillion dollars of value. So what exactly bails THIS crap out? Is someone carry a deed in their back pocket that simply says Planet: M Class "Earth" as the item of collateral??? I mean, I still doubt it'd be enough!

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join