It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Today News Station (512) Down In UK?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It says for maintenance, but I am not so sure thats the genuine reason. Has anyone heard anything yet?

I have never seen a news station go off the air like that.
edit on 18-10-2011 by TheMindWar because: Typo

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Just flicked it on .... yeah "Scheduled maintenance"

Says from 8pm-6am

edit on 18/10/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Down in New Zealand too - Strange - wonder what their news is?????

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
RT goes down for maintenance quite often, I've seen it about 3 times last year and 2 times this year. Usually when they come back they have new idents reflecting the season. Nothing to worry about here, it'll be back tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Cos there subversive may be..and could be adding fuel to the fire (protests)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It's working fine in the US.

They wouldn't dare take it down with what's going on here...

That would definitely fan the flames!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by antoinemarionette
It's working fine in the US.

They wouldn't dare take it down with what's going on here...

That would definitely fan the flames!

The online stream of RT America is also displaying Scheduled Maintenance.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
RT GOES DOWN FOR SCHEDULE MAINTENANCE SEVERAL TIMES A YEAR LIKE THE POSTER ABOVE HAS ALREADY STATED.

PLEASE DO NOT FLAG THIS ANYMORE, THIS IS NOT A CONSPIRACY AND IN NO WAY RELATED TO ANYTHING CURRENTLY GOING ON IN THE WORLD!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by carlitomoore
RT GOES DOWN FOR SCHEDULE MAINTENANCE SEVERAL TIMES A YEAR LIKE THE POSTER ABOVE HAS ALREADY STATED.

PLEASE DO NOT FLAG THIS ANYMORE, THIS IS NOT A CONSPIRACY AND IN NO WAY RELATED TO ANYTHING CURRENTLY GOING ON IN THE WORLD!

Let's be reasonable here, if someone who isn't familiar with the way RT works starts tuning in on a regular basis, then discovers that it is taking maintenance, they are bound to think something is up - especially since RT isn't known for towing the line, so there's no need to shout at people. This is what ATS is about, reporting things you think are out of the ordinary and seeing if a greater understanding on the matter can be had.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
My point is that I can see already what is going to happen, this thread will just serve as a conduit for conspiracy theorists who need to be able to find a conspiracy in everything.

The ticket machine on the way for work this morning wasn't working; were they installing a tracker to monitor me?

The airconditioning at work hasn't been working all summer because it broke and maintenance couldn't be bothered to fix it... are the corporate bosses trying to keep us agitated on purpose and then install a brand new system before payday to sweeten us up and make us look to them with gratitude, or is it realy just up for maintenance?

Just because most of the MSM is full of misinformation, dosn't mean they can't maintain their equipment without it being a conspiracy.

3 flags and counting.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

Why don't you take a break and let the moderators do the moderating for awhile?

You've done enough, champ.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by carlitomoore
My point is that I can see already what is going to happen, this thread will just serve as a conduit for conspiracy theorists who need to be able to find a conspiracy in everything.

The ticket machine on the way for work this morning wasn't working; were they installing a tracker to monitor me?

The airconditioning at work hasn't been working all summer because it broke and maintenance couldn't be bothered to fix it... are the corporate bosses trying to keep us agitated on purpose and then install a brand new system before payday to sweeten us up and make us look to them with gratitude, or is it realy just up for maintenance?

Just because most of the MSM is full of misinformation, dosn't mean they can't maintain their equipment without it being a conspiracy.

3 flags and counting.

So do you intend to contribute to the topic, or are you just going to talk crap and provide nothing? If the possibility of this topic being used to discuss conspiracy theories causes you such distress, might I advise you to find a different website? Or get a life? Personally, I'd like to know what sort of maintenance they do on television stations behind the scenes. If anyone knows what happens, or even if they think something is up in this case, I'd love to hear what you have to say

edit on 18-10-2011 by Pregnant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

but I am not so sure thats the genuine reason.

Care to at least explain why? I can't see a single reason to believe anything odd or sinister is going on here.
edit on 18-10-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

but I am not so sure thats the genuine reason.

Care to at least explain why? I can't see a single reason to believe anything odd or sinister is going on here.
edit on 18-10-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

Probably where he said

Originally posted by TheMindWar
I have never seen a news station go off the air like that.

at a push.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Pregnant

The channel itself says Its down for "Scheduled Maintenance" - there's no reason to believe It's anything other than this really.. thus why I asked..

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

Wow, thats a bit ott, that got my attention

As for there being no conspiracy, well, as my dear granma used to say, there is no smoke without fire.

"Conduit", that fits very well, thanks I take that as a compliment
With whats happening in the world, its through conduits that the truth is revealed

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pregnant

Let's be reasonable here, if someone who isn't familiar with the way RT works starts tuning in on a regular basis, then discovers that it is taking maintenance, they are bound to think something is up - especially since RT isn't known for towing the line, so there's no need to shout at people. This is what ATS is about, reporting things you think are out of the ordinary and seeing if a greater understanding on the matter can be had.

A sight going down for maintenece is hardly a "red flag". It happens all the time to many websites. This site is filled with people jumping the gun on non-issues, and it just creates more garbage for us to dig through these threads.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I have never seen it down before, its new to me. However, there is a great deal of news in the "west" to be had.

RT is definately starting to win the Infowar over here in the UK. Each day more ane more people tune in. TPTB recently stated that RT and Press TV were "the enemy". Why are they the enemy? There not my enemy, are they your enemy?

Press TV going off the air, why not remove RT also for a while? Infect RT systems with a virus maybe?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
So basicaly then, someone decides to do something they've often done, and tells everyone in advance they are going to do it, and everyone on ATS then disbelieves them and think its a conspiracy.

Says it all really .....

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryAlien

We are not talking about a "site going down". We are talking about a TV channel sponsored by the Russian Government.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join