It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herman Cain Spends $100K In Campaign Cash On Herman Cain Inc.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Looks like ole' Herman Cain is taking a page out of the corporate playbook. He is using campaign funds to purchase things like "booklets" and "books." While his budget report discloses the payments to his non-profit company, it does not specify exactly how much he is spending on what.

I'm not going to cry foul play yet, but only that this looks very fishy. The Cain Campaign need to release detailed financial records regarding these transactions and prove that Herman Cain is paying T.H.E. New Voice (his nonprof's name) the market value for the campaign supplies they are purchasing. If the Cain Campaign refuses to release these records, my opinion is it can then safely be assumed that this is mismanagement of campaign funds.

Already there is some confusion as to exactly where this money has gone:

In the Federal Election Commission (FEC) report his campaign filed in July, Cain’s team reported sending $50,831.35 to T.H.E. New Voice. The expenditures listed included “booklets” and “books” (presumably copies of the handful of short pamphlet-like books available for sale at THE New Voice website along with Cain’s new full-length book, This Is Herman Cain!, published by a division of Simon and Schuster), along with items such as “overnight”, “lodging”, “ground transportation” and “air fare.”

Around the time the campaign filed its latest FEC report which was due Oct. 15, the campaign revised its old report and listed two expenses that went to THE New Voice: $36,511.20 for “books” and a separate $50,011.35 expense listed as “See Below,” indicating the money went to “books” as well. An amended report is meant to replace an original report, meaning the money the campaign first said they spent on “overnight”, “lodging”, “ground transportation” and “air fare,” is now simply listed as “books.”

So what was it? Transportation or books?

Source

edit on 18-10-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
A dishonest presidential candidate? No way! I think you hit the nail on the head with your comparison to using the corporate handbook. Even if this turns out to be legal I think it does give you a hint about his policies... which will be of no good to the US economy. The MSM is jumping all over this 'top contender'... doesn't mean you have to.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by fenceSitter

His strategy makes sense when you consider his background.

I think for us to turn our situation around we need to get REAL people in all levels of government, and move away from those with strong corporate ties.

join