It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. deportations reach historic levels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

U.S. deportations reach historic levels

www.cnn.com

Nearly 400,000 people were deported from the United States in the past fiscal year, the largest number in the history of the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency, the government announced Tuesday.

"This includes 1,119 aliens convicted of homicide; 5,848 aliens convicted of sexual offenses; 44,653 aliens convicted of drug related crimes; and 35,927 aliens convicted of driving under the influence," it said.

"Smart and effective immigration enforcement relies on setting priorities for removal and executing on those priorities," said agency Director John Morton. "These year-e
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Well, I guess deporting the offenders will work i guess untill they hop the border over and over again. maybe for economic reasons they could expand it to not just offenders in the u.s. but i guess like in the next story obama's latino numbers are going down due to this new zero tolerance. honestly i feel as if it is useless to try to enforce such border control laws because it would be fighting a losing battle. I see that almost everyday now mind you im not racist i just give up.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Well it's about time the Govt got off it's treasonist behind and start earning the money they love to spend..s/f op thx

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
nice mods go ahead and delete somebody already got to this before me

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Most of them probably came back to the US within a week lol.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It is amazing the number of illegals who have had previous arrests and deportations. Initially it sounds good that so many are being deported, but they just keep returning over and over and over again. I have always said that if you stop the jobs and freebies, they will self deport. Too many places are soft on illegals and cater to them. Unless all States unite in coming down on them and we somehow secure the border, how succesfull can we really be?

Thousands of citizens have lost their lives because of illegals. Millions are jobless and trying to support their families.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Im apalled at the criminal stats.Just here looking for work is BS.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
Im apalled at the criminal stats.Just here looking for work is BS.

It is bad enough to see the criminal stats, it is worse when you know how many have had previous arrests and deportations. Like I have mentioned numerous times in these threads, thousands of our citizens have been murdered, mamed, raped etc. because of an illegal who have had numerous arrests and deportations. All crimes that could have been avoided had our laws been enforced!

Can you imagine losing a child, spouse or other loved one because our laws wern't enforced????

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Actually, word on the ground is that it has become exceedingly difficult to border hop these days and many have left of their own accord because of lack of work.

top topics

join