It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't you want to be free?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
With all the up roar going on around the world about freedom, I have to ask why you do not want it?

Don't you know you were born free?

Every rule you know and apply to your life YOU accepted.

No one can take freedom from you.

You relinquish it.

Do you know why?

Really really know why?

Because you will not free yourself from the attachment to life.

The fear of death keeps you enslaved to preserving your flesh at the expense of your freedom.

Be honest with yourself.

To thine ownself be true.

You will die one day.

Your flesh will parish.

It will rot away into the earth and be forgotten.

You cannot avoid it.

It can come to you before you finish reading this sentence.

So, why give a rats ass about death?

What do you really want out of the unknown time you have been given?

With Love,

Your Brother

edit on 18-10-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Very, very well said brother!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

You were not born free. None of us were.
We were born slaves, we live our lives as slaves and we die as slaves.
That is fact.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I am free, no one holds me back but me.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

Then I guess I am a free slave...!! Thanks op s/f

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka
reply to post by IAMIAM

You were not born free. None of us were.
We were born slaves, we live our lives as slaves and we die as slaves.
That is fact.

You lie to yourself my friend.

You were born free!

1:1 - In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. (The Sperm (heavenly father) and the egg (mother earth))

1:2 - And the earth was without form, and void; (The egg had no genetic structure ie. unfertilised)

and darkness was upon the face of the deep. (The womb had no life in it.)

And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. (The Sperm are on the march!)

1:3 - And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. (BAM! The Moment of creation, a sperm made it through)

1:4 - And God saw the light, and it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. (I was born, pulled from the womb)

My friend, I WAS born free, I did my time in bondage, and have returned to the bliss of freedom.

If you are born a slave , then a slave you shall remain.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Ah, now I understand.
Good luck with that freedom thing then.
As a servant of God.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Ah, now I understand.
Good luck with that freedom thing then.
As a servant of God.

Do you know what the highest calling of a servant of God is?

They lead slaves out of bondage my friend.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Isn't that like the blind leading the blind?
Doesn't the repeated usage of the word 'sheep' to describe the followers of God set off any alarm bells? Or the fact that he's addressed as 'Lord'?

The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want.... and all that.

I didn't mean to disrupt your thread. I'll leave you in peace to your beliefs.
Pax

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Isn't that like the blind leading the blind?
Doesn't the repeated usage of the word 'sheep' to describe the followers of God set off any alarm bells? Or the fact that he's addressed as 'Lord'?

The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want.... and all that.

I didn't mean to disrupt your thread. I'll leave you in peace to your beliefs.
Pax

You are not disrupting my thread my friend. I am here to discuss the issue from any angle you desire.

If the words from the Bible offend you, then I will put them away. They are only for instruction and not absolutes.

So, lets put that aside.

Explain your position. Why do you think you are born a slave?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

It is not other people's power that scares so many people, it is their own that scares the crap out of them.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by IAMIAM

It is not other people's power that scares so many people, it is their own that scares the crap out of them.

Ah, but no one knows what another man possesses. One can only know what HE possesses.

I love you my friend, but you are confessing your own sin here.

With love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I love you too, brother, but I think you've misread what I posted. Read it again.

Or, if I am incorrect in my assumption, the logical question would be, what is your problem with embracing personal power?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

I love you too, brother, but I think you've misread what I posted. Read it again.

Or, if I am incorrect in my assumption, the logical question would be, what is your problem with embracing personal power?

"It is not other people's power that scares so many people, it is their own that scares the crap out of them."

The problem with this statement my friend is that you are assuming that others have been given the same as what YOU have been given. You are pointing out to others, pointing out flaws that are your own perceptions.

Now if it had been worded thusly,

"It is not other people's power that scares me, it is my own that scares the crap out of me."

Then it would be a true testimony because you can only truly know what you have been given.

Furthermore, you have a great gift. Your writing style captures the reader and draws him in. It makes the reader part of the story, and gives him pause to think.

With your gifts you could teach others to see more greatness in them than they do. YOU could transform this world with that power.

Are you afraid of this power? Are you afraid of what would happen if YOU did transform the world through your writing?

Of course you aren't, you are here and writing away.

So, is the testimony accurate of yourself?

or not?

You cannot judge others my friend. You can only judge yourself. If one appears weak, the strong man lends assistance.

Bear in mind you are dealing with the resident madman, so I may not have any clue what I am trying to say myself.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

The problem with this statement my friend is that you are assuming that others have been given the same as what YOU have been given.

I have made no such assumption. I am speaking to your threads title and question. I am suggesting that the greatest fear of freedom is the individuals unwillingness to trust the goodness in themselves. Instead, too many see in themselves something that cannot be trusted. They recognize their personal power, but they fear what they might do with it, so they fear freedom. In this regard, it is not other people's power that scares them as much as their own.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It's intellectual and/or emotional security.

I find most people live in a world where they maintain a very small worldview. Things that are an affront to their worldview, opinions, intellectual safety are to be shied away from, shunned, rejected, or cast into the box labeled "Far Away" (which is a nice way to purposefully forget).

In cerebral terms, freedom is a vast open plain that can be uncomfortable (at best) to exist in, let alone visit, as it requires living with a rather large host of things that almost all of us wish didn't exist.

Put simply, people are either afraid, don't have the capacity to understand large complex ideas, or both. They choose to isolate themselves and come up with clever or deflective ways to say it (even though many of us know what they mean). I see many Christians this way, to pick an example from the themes in this thread. They become quite angry when they find out I am an atheist, because I do not nurture (but rather question) their opinions.

Challenging the weak-minded will often result in this response. Don't take my example to mean that I view all Christians this way, only that the example both illustrates my point and is easy for most American and European members to understand.

It's the sad state of human existence that causes us to want the pack over the individual. Packs are safe, and are generally of like mind. Outsiders beware.

Long story short, most people simply don't want and/or can't handle freedom. Oddly, many of those who don't believe me then go on to jump through hoops just to change the color of the shutters on their house, yet they don't see the irony at all. It no longer surprises me.

Peace
KJ

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I have made no such assumption. I am speaking to your threads title and question. I am suggesting that the greatest fear of freedom is the individuals unwillingness to trust the goodness in themselves. Instead, too many see in themselves something that cannot be trusted. They recognize their personal power, but they fear what they might do with it, so they fear freedom. In this regard, it is not other people's power that scares them as much as their own.

You are still doing it my friend. You cannot speak for anyone but yourself. You are using you's and they's where the question of the title is asking the individual.

I am not asking anyone to speak for society at large. I am asking why YOU the individual do not wish to be free.

If you ARE free, then the question does not pertain to you.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

The question is to you my friend. Only you. You cannot speak for anyone else but you. When you do, you are making a host of assumptions that lead to ignorance.

Don't point the finger at society. The question is directed to YOU.

Why don't you want to be free?

What do YOU want out of the unknown time here?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

You are still doing it my friend. You cannot speak for anyone but yourself. You are using you's and they's where the question of the title is asking the individual.

I am not "speaking" for anyone other than myself, but I am most assuredly making an observation. I Am allowed that. I Am powerful enough to observe phenomenon. I Am powerful enough to form a hypothesis regarding this phenomenon. I Am Too, brother!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It sounds like you're saying we should all just kill ourselves.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join