It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thieves preying on fellow OWS protesters

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by blah yada
You should lose the word "fellow" from the title.

You mean it wasn't the 99%?
It must have been that evil 1% then.

Ahhh, case solved.

Brilliant as always, Holmes.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Reminds me of most music festivals in Britain, like Glastonbury.

Peace, love, shrooms and all that sort of thing. In the end its a rich picking for theives and thousands of tents.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Make me feel like a big man? LoL no I just call it like i see it, and it looks like a lot of people feel the same way.....

People lost their houses and such beause of the banks? Or because their own bad decisions.......

Do not mistake lack of personal responsibility , for mistakes by someone else..........

YOu can try to antagonize me all you want..........in a month well come back and you can appologize and admit that I was right

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Redistribution of wealth? the people you seem to be defending are the ones that pulled of the largest shift of wealth and financial theft in the history of the world.
I see the protests as angry people from across the political spectrum but who all detest corruption, the revolving door of big business, banks and government.
edit on 18-10-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

By largest shift of wealth you mean capitalism........

Oh no, people see a need, fill it and get rich .........DAMN THEM!

yes, theres lack of oversight and there are crooked people, blame the politicians for letting them do it......

As far as shift of wealth, ALL of you supporting this OWS movement are complaining about the middle class being broken down and taken from.......

Yet you dont realize that if you get what you want, THERE WILL BE NO MIDDLE CLASS........

Lack of foresight on the part of the people pushing this movement.........
edit on 18-10-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Sir, please stop espousing personal responsibility and individual achievement.

It upsets the entitlement crowd.

Beez
(spokesman for Liberals Accept More Entitlements LAME)

edit on 18-10-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

People lost their houses and such beause of the banks? Or because their own bad decisions.......

No, as I said... the banks.

Do you realise that there is a global economic crisis right now?
That was caused by banks....that governments had to bail out.... which caused banks to stop lending to businesses, which led to businesses letting staff go and not being able to take on new staff... as well as the government (public sector) cutting thousands of jobs.... forcing up unemployment and putting more strain on the benefits system.

I mean... are you stupid??

Do you realise what is going on in the world right now?

Obviously people could have all had a nest egg and saved some money for a rainy day... I'm sure many people did, but those who were living at their limit already, what chance did they have?
Why should they suffer because some guy decided to gamble with their future?

Why should bankers and CEO's of multinational corporations get multi million dollar salaries and pensions, hundreds of times higher than their workers.....

Why is there so much greed?

Because it's been allowed to happen...

Do not mistake lack of personal responsibility , for mistakes by someone else..........

Do not blame people for circumstances they have no control over.

YOu can try to antagonize me all you want..........in a month well come back and you can appologize and admit that I was right

We will.

I'm not convinced that this movement will achieve anything... I've said that in every thread regarding this topic.
So not sure what we'll see in a month?

I'm just glad people are voicing their concerns and making their feelings known.

It's nice to see political differences and other issues put to one side while people stand together and challenge corruption.

It makes me proud.

Cheers

edit on 18/10/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

No, as I said... the banks.

Right, so it has nothing to do with taking out loans they had no business doing, or making bad business or retirement decisions right?

Wow..........and so it is, the generation of "Me" and "Now" is now in an uproar and "want their stuff"

Give me a break............People are responsible for their own actions............

I can try and sell you Rotten peaches all day and if you buy them and get sick its YOUR fault for buying them......

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Hmm, you'd think somebody would have come up with a place where people can store their money and valuables that is safe from theives....

Like a.... ummmm... oh yeah, like a BANK!

Sorry, I feel bad for these folks, but I'm somewhat dumbfounded that they didn't fully expect this. It's not really a great idea to carry valuables with you into a crowded demonstration.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

That was priceless man

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Right, so it has nothing to do with taking out loans they had no business doing, or making bad business or retirement decisions right?

Wow..........and so it is, the generation of "Me" and "Now" is now in an uproar and "want their stuff"

No not all of them, as I said... people have lost their jobs because of the economic crisis... companies are closing all over the place, unemployment is high... if people have lost their jobs and can't pay their mortgages and/or bills... how is that their fault?

Do you not see that not everyone is solely to blame for their circumstance?

I understand that people should live within their means and for too long people have lived on borrowed money.... not only people but the entire economy.

I don't have credit cards, don't have debts.... have no real money issues.

My point is that there are people who have been screwed by this collapse... a collapse that has nothing to do with them.

We can argue all day long, it doesn't change that FACT.

Give me a break............People are responsible for their own actions............

Yes they are, but sometimes that responsibility is taken out of their hands

If you can't see or accept that then I cannot change your mind.

You're either aware of what has happened or you're just so totally opposed to this movement and anyone who is going through financial hardship.

Whatever mate.

Believe whatever you want to believe
edit on 18/10/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

LOL

People will justify anything as long as its to THEIR purpose.......

its ok for the OWSers to call for robbing the bankers and corporations........but any other kind of robbery is a crime

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Commentary about fellow members is not going to fly, folks.

Keep it civil. Keep it on topic. ...and the topic is most assuredly not ATS members.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The redistribution of wealth has to start SOMEWHERE you know....

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Correct me if I'm wrong here thought they were all "poor" people?

So how can anyone afford a $5,500 computer and all those other pricey gadgets?

I laughed when I read this people giving them a taste of their own medicine and hey turns out they don't like it so much when the shoe is on the other foot.

edit on 18-10-2011 by neo96 because: fixed link

Thefts are a problem at the OWS site I'm in. I'm helping to solve that problem using battery powered motion sensor and monitor systems available at Harbor Freight. The monitor end is a little bulky, but it's about to turn cold so the heavy weather gear we all have makes carrying that just a little easier.

Theft isn't from and between the OWS people, at least where I am. The issue is a very simple one and something we simply cannot stop. In our case, we serve food 3 times a day, and we don't discriminate between OWS occupiers and the local homeless population that share the area with us during this. They are as much a part of the 99% as a manager in a retail store or a Police Officer. The problem comes that some of those folk have some serious dependency and addiction issues, and theft goes with the territory. It did for years before an OWS'er entered our park or any of the other city locations, and it will for years after.

We're in the middle of that for this effort...and so it's just another challenge to work with and find proactive solutions for. A challenge? Oh Yeah......can it be handled and kept to a minimum? With some intelligent conflict resolution and direct technology applied, it can sure be minimized. Our camp called the line when the entire camp coffee supply up and walked off in the middle of the night. It's amazing how people react when their coffee supply is suddenly the victim. lol....

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Here's a thought why let someone steal anything when their are hundreds of cops less than 10 feet away from them?

No wait i remember they hate the police.

How do you know that some of the things being stolen are not being taken by the cops? They can not stay there if they do not have food or money for food so taking that would help make them leave. And just who are they going to report the crime to, the police who want them gone and may have taken the stuff to start with. I would not be suprised if it comes to light that some cops have in fact been doing some of the stealing that is going on.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Why is this news?
edit on 18-10-2011 by TreesusChrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Now the cops are stealing everything.....the cra# is getting so deep with this that it's not even amusing anymore. One person says.....the cops are part of the 99 percent too, then the cops MUST be stealing this stuff because they are against us. WTF? I hate to tell you those cops are normal people just going to work, taking care of their families and doing their job like normal people do. THEY are not freaking Nazi's reincarnated government robots that want to kill and steal from you, that's just insane.....really. The last thing they want after having to stand around and watch you people bitching about life all day is to steal your stuff, I am 99.99999999 percent sure all they want to do is get home to their families, relax, watch tv or drink a beer and try to forget about all the grown as@ men that should be at work, sitting around and whining like little kids about how they aren't rich like someone else is and it's just not fair wah wah wah I think I'll cry like the baby I am bullsh@# they had to put up with all day.

edit on 19-10-2011 by billy197300 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join