It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Israel/US connection?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Okay, I'll admit to sounding a bit stupid here, but through quite a lot of different posts and news articles I've seen out there and on this site, it's becoming quite obvious that there's something up between the US and Israel. Some strange happenings include the USS Liberty and the Road Map for Peace (and the US's apparent lack of concern surrounding Israel's intention to use any available exit ramp from that map).

Now if you're talking about an 'End of Days' prophecy and a religious allegiance, I suppose I get that, but only if you're talking about Jews and Christians vs. Muslims. Of course, in such a situation, once the common enemy has been eliminated, we'll turn on each other.

The only other idea I have is that the US is using Israel for local intelligence on the Middle East area due to their Mossad and proximity, but they don't seem to be sharing a lot of what they know about the area.

So, I ask...why do Israel and the US seem to be in cahoots? What is the supposed gain for each side, or the common goal? I can't see it.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I believe that alot of it stems from WW2 and the US's reallignment of the Middle East. America came to understand in the early 20th century that oil would be the dominant geo/economical force of the future, and after WW2 Israel seemd to be a good starting point. Icould be wrong, but Israel has a great amount to gain or lose depending on how the cookie crumbles in the middle east, as does the US as well.. Religion is in the back ground, but I would say that ME stabilty and how the charter lines fall are the major goals that are shared between Israel and the US.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Okay, we want intel about how to manage the sketchy middle east states and suck their oil resources dry. Fair enough. But when the folks providing you with that intel are intent on not telling you the full story or even completely manipulating that story to achieve their own ends, even when that manipulation leads to mass US casualties, why do you keep listening. There must be a reason that we keep looking the other way.

[edit on 30-8-2004 by chaosrain]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I have heard quite frequently that, "They have a lot bad stuff on us." Which means basically they are blackmailing us. I have not yet seen exactly what they have on us and I am still not sure if this claim has substance or is the smoke blown from someone who wants Israel to fall.

So, the reason why we are working together does not just stop at oil. Perhaps some other people could clue us in on it because I have the same question as you do Chaosrain.

[edit on 30-8-2004 by DetectivePerez]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Where are all the super-posters? Valhall, UM_Gazz, Banshee? Doesn't anyone have thoughts on this? Help us out!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   

WE, THE JEWISH PEOPLE, CONTROL AMERICA, AND THE AMERICANS KNOW IT. Israeli Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon October 3, 2001
(IAP NEWS)

Our relationship with Israel and certain Israeli groups needs to be changed
NOW!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Respects,

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The US should leave that part of the world alone, unfortunately that won't be possible because of Iraq. If they all want to live like animals then leave them to it, maybe then they'll learn their lesson.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
hmm what was that saying ---- about 3 percent of the world (US) consumes about something like 80% of the world's resources

i guess we dont want to share

maybe thats why everybody hates us

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I found some material on the Israeli influence on the US policy toward Iraq on www.juancole.com

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
i always thought it was due to that fact that
america is influanced by isreal because

large minorty of americans support the isreali cause no matter what
they do. ( if you want votes you give the people what they want )

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
hmmm... Israel vs. Iran

Israel will definitely launch a pre-emptive strike on the nuclear facilities.
However, an Iranian retaliation would be suicide!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I think that in considering the US/Israel relationship in light of Iran's recent actions to provoke nuclear or pre-emptive action in the region should be mitigated by the fact that Iran (and Iraq for that matter) would have had little reason to develop nuclear, chemical or biological weapons, had the potential threat from unchecked Israel not existed. Though it is not admitted, it is obvious that Israel has nuclear capabilities and likely that they have biological and chemical weapons (as these are easier to develop than nuclear ones).

As a primary antagonist in the region, Israel and her actions have actually served to increase tension in the region. In addition they have led to states like Iran fearing the possibility of attack from Israel and have generated this recent effort on the part of Iran to claim that they too have first strike capabilities.

So, with all this in mind...the fact that Israel actively seeks to piss off it's neighbors and the fact that it is Israel's possession of nuclear arms which drives her neighbors to acquire them in defense, why are we so pro-Israel? They are the primary reason the region is so tense and hostile. The Arab states can do no right and Israel can do no wrong, though Israel's actions have proven that to be far from the case.

Why does the US continue to support and encourage the biggest antagonist of the region to continue antagonizing it's neighbors when the problems which arise from that antagonism directly affect both the safety and the economy of the US?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Alright, this will be my last attempt to promote this important discussion to the forefront. Frankly, I'm a bit upset that with so many people on this site dedicated to 'denying ignorance' it seems we are ALL ignorant of the real connection between the US and Israel.

Hopefully, some folks out there will take this as an opportunity to investigate US/Israeli relations in more depth because I find it shocking that no one on this site has the capability to intelligently comment on this or even postulate what some potential connections may be.

Shame, shame, ignorant masses. Count us among them.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by chaosrain
So, I ask...why do Israel and the US seem to be in cahoots? What is the supposed gain for each side, or the common goal? I can't see it.

Israel needs America. No matter what the UN says or does to Israel, America will Veto the vote no matter what the international community thinks. Its more then just "America has more jews the Irsael" and Zionism, but both do have alot of power. It is believed that the Jewish Vote is very important in the US election and for a president to re-elected, close ties with Israel must be brought into force to make the public see that America does care about its Jews.

www.jcpa.org...

new topics

top topics

join