It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bankers are Mooncalves!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Just got off the phone with a friend of mine. we had been discussing how the moon's energies affect the tides (we both sail) and some peoples state of mind...the word 'lunatic', when he asked me if I had ever heard the term 'mooncalf'? I admitted I had not and as I was sat at my laptop, I 'googled is my friend' and got the following...

"Mooncalf is used as a derogatory term to indicate someone is a dullard, fool or otherwise not particularly bright or sharp. For example, W. C. Fields in "The Bank Dick" (1940) advises his prospective son-in-law to avoid being a "mooncalf" by buying shares he has been beguiled into believing are worth much more than the proffered price."

This is from Wikipedia here
en.wikipedia.org...

Sorry, but I am still giggling!
I am sure somebody smarter than me can apply this in a truly clever way to all the Occupy events going on around the world.
On a serious note though, it is also apply to aborted foetus of cows....interesting how from the Bible we have the story of the Golden Calf and today how we have the Bull as a symbol/statue on Wall Street.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel

Sorry, but I am still giggling!
I am sure somebody smarter than me can apply this in a truly clever way to all the Occupy events going on around the world.
On a serious note though, it is also apply to aborted foetus of cows....interesting how from the Bible we have the story of the Golden Calf and today how we have the Bull as a symbol/statue on Wall Street.
Rainbows
Jane

I learned something thank you. Oh and the connecting of the golden calf and the bull on Wall Street excellent. That bull is worshiped daily isn't it?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Seriously? You're posting a thread because someone informed you of a word? gtfo please and stop signing "rainbows"

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

Seriously? You just posted that to troll someone for posting a topic in General Chit Chat?
Problems much?

To the OP: Thanks for the post. I already knew the term mooncalf, having an affinity for literature. It's been a while since I've seen a W. C. Fields movie, however, so, thanks for reminding me of him.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

God, I wish I had time to get in to this with you. I would like to offer this, an old thread, that will probably be the weirdest thing you have ever read about the Moon.

I love your thread. Mooncalves!

Oprah Winfrey, The Eighth Sphere and the Secret War for Your Soul,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, or are we waiting for the caffine to kick in? Really, lighten up!

To the OP,
I think your correlation and observation is very interesting. At the time of Moses, the "Procession of the Equinox" was shifting from Taurus, the bull, to Aries, the ram or lamb. So the "Bull" was out and the "Lamb" was in. Moses led the people out of Egypt during this symbolic shift.

Still, to this day, the horns of the moon point upward, like bull horns, over the Taurus Mountains during the sign of Taurus, reminding some of the "Golden Days." Wall Street's "Golden Days' are celebrated with the bull, a nod to the Egyptian reign of Isis. $$, the symbol of her name.

Food for thought.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo

Seriously? You're posting a thread because someone informed you of a word? gtfo please and stop signing "rainbows"

Did you forget to take your medication this morning? Lighten up a little, the general chit chat forum seems like the apropriate place for this.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo

Calm down bro.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Wow! Thank you all for your contributions! I really didn't expect such a response. I shall have to thank my friend for bringing this to my attention tomorrow.
In response to you all, here goes.....

@Chai_An
Yes, the Bull, I think this is worth looking at a little more if only from a historical point of view. Have a feeling this thread could be a learning curve!

@Gwampo
Well, what can I say.....Mooncalf!

@nineix
I have to admit I have not seen this film, but it is because of this film my friend first heard the term! Sure hope somebody can come up with some clever use of this on Occupy wherever!

@Frater210
I shall have a look at the link you kindly posted once I have finished replying. Thank you

@windword
Aha! Very interesting! "And the meek (lamb) shall inherit the earth" comes to mind!

@mileysubet
I thought it was the right place too. Thank you for you and everyone else's support.

@BigPoJo
As above and thank you also.

OK, now I would like to look into the bull thing and also let's see if we can come up with some fun ideas about the Mooncalves!
You gotta laugh or smile at least, there is nothing that infuriates an 'enemy' more than a calm, cool, collected opponent with a one word answer that sums up the situation!

Rainbows....or should that be moonbows given the topic in hand?

jane

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

butthurt much?

top topics

join