It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen if the USA or a foreign country supported the OWS protesters militarily

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Since America has been around as a country, the US has been supplying arms in one form or another to rebels in other countries.
Whether they were given to the rebels to defend themselves or to overthrow the sitting government, the USA have been an active force in in many revolutions.

What if the US or another country jumped on the bandwagon with the OWS protests around the country?

www.presstv.ir...

www.haaretz.com...

www.independent.co.uk...

www.rense.com...

www.worldpolicy.org...

www.prio.no...

www.armscontrol.org...

Sure the logistics would be a challenge but if Fast and Furious can be kept under the US radar and so effective, things could happen here too!
Think about
It would change things real quick

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
the QWS protestors don't want to become a rebel army I think that in the US everyone who wants guns has them and you don't see them occupying anything

it's a peaceful movement to draw attention to the fact that the ruling institutions of this country are only working for the top 1%

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ccsct203

yes. it would change things really quick...for the ABSOLUTE WORSE. if someone actually NEEDS (as in...deserves and can responsibly use it)...chances are, they are already armed. these protesters will end up all killing each other. now...if TPTB did want some population control...all they'd have to do is arm every citizen...and start some kinda race/religious battle in major cities and watch it spread like wild fire. (jump to 6 months later)...go around and arrest the survivors.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I am not sure I understand where you are going.

I do not think overthrowing our government is what is needed.

If foreign military wishes to support OWS, fine, but they can do so from their own soil.

Believe it or not, Americans are very good at doing their own fighting when we need to. It just sometimes takes us awhile to put down all our distractions. But once we get pissed and ready to act, there is not a standing army on the planet that could subdue the American citizens. We do not need outside help.
edit on 18-10-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
If a foreign military decided to support the Occupy movement by sending their troops or even weapons here, it would be considered an act of war by the USG. I'm surprised it hasn't happened already (false flag)
edit on 10/18/2011 by OblivionGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Two things I am saying

1) The USA has supported the overthrow of standing governments in which we had no right to do. Right?

2) Does a foreign country have the "right" or "responsibility" to the world to do what we have done in countries?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
WS is in American soil, but it's not worth to engage in a war against a whole nation. This war will never be won with armies or guns.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
look at those who are "supporters" of OWS

1) The Communist party

2) Nazi Party

edit on 18-10-2011 by ccsct203 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ccsct203

Oh good grief....

I am done here.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I believe it would cause country wide panic, because no one would know why that army or armies were there and people would either start fighting the occupation or flee in mass hysteria. I know the U.S. government would definitely fight it. They love a fight.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

If it's ok for the US to instigate and equip uprisings in other countries, why would it not be ok for other countries to instigate and equip uprisings in our country like OWS? We've done it dozens of times in dozens of counties.

I think your wrong and right. We don't need to change our FORM of government, we just need to overthow those who have co-opted our leadership institutions AND those who have allowed themselves to be co-opted. The American people as individuals are no longer represented - we only have the illusion of representation thru PACs, corporations and special interest groups.

This is why the Tea Party resonates with most people...because it relys on the fundamental concepts that government wastes money, is ineffective in their spending and we shouldn't allow them to spend more unless they cut waste dollar for dollar.

I think the most effective thing the OWS crowd could do is join the Tea Party to form one message - Eliminate govt waste, eliminate corporate / Wall St influence in govt.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The fact that we are more armed than most countries, and we are not already using weapons is a huge indicator of the differences between us and them.

new topics

top topics

join