It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Empathy

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
For those who still doubt that empaths are real ( and I am not talking about the ability to put ones self into another persons sitiuation ) , I mean people who physically feel the emotions and pain of others , then have you considered the many cases of identical twins who at some point have experienced all of the above ....and more .

paranormal.about.com...

paranormal.about.com...

Even though the two articles label the experiences as " telepathy " , the sensations are as exactly the same as the ones felt by empaths.

Open your mind and your heart will follow .
edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle

Even after I came off the pill, and could control Tourette Syndrome, I could still feel the emotions of others. All of those years allowed me to train my mind, to become conscious of the difference between my feelings and others.

This sounds very challenging! Something you should know is that people in my immediate family often feel physical pain in places that other family members feel pain. For example, I had some DVT in my left leg. The pain is always there now even though I received treatment for the PE. However, my mother recently started feeling pain in her left leg, but her doctors had no explanation for it.

I truly believe that there is some type of connection between people as it pertains to feeling pain. Sometimes I think that perhaps unexplained pain is the result of the feelings we pick up from others, whether it be physical or emotional. For example, when my mother broke her hand years ago, my hand also hurt. It was an actual physical manifestation of unexplained pain.

Therefore, I believe all that you say. You are not alone.

<< 4  5  6   >>

join