It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exploring the Alien Abduction Experience - Budd Hopkins and John Mack M.D.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The news of the deaths of John Mack in 2004 and, recently, of Budd Hopkins were sadly received by many, especially "victims" of the abduction experience. The pair can be seen in the picture (Mack on the left).

IMAGE SOURCE: www.ufodigest.com...

John E. Mack MD

Mack was a Pulitzer Prize-winning biographer and a professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. Mack's interest in the abduction experience led to the formation of a peer committee to investigate his clinical care and investigation of alleged abductees.

After fourteen months of inquiry, amid growing concerns from the academic community (including Harvard Professor of Law Alan Dershowitz) about the validity of an open-ended investigation of a fulltime professor who was not subject to any claim of ethics violation or professional misconduct, Harvard issued a statement stating that the Dean had “reaffirmed Dr. Mack’s academic freedom to study what he wishes and to state his opinions without impediment,” concluding “Dr. Mack remains a member in good standing of the Harvard Faculty of Medicine.”
SOURCE: Biography of John E. Mack, M.D.

Some of John's work and a list of his books can be found at the website of the John E. Mack Institute.

Budd Hopkins

Budd has been for many years one of UFOlogy's most visible figures. Nobody has done more to bring the UFO abduction experience to the attention of the world. He first became interested in UFOs when he along with two other witnesses had a UFO sighting. This encounter prompted Budd to join the now defunct civilian UFO organisation NICAP (National Investigations Committee On Aerial Phenomena).

[Shortly after joining NICAP] he began to concentrate on the investigation of the UFO abduction phenomenon, which led to the eventual publication of his findings. Taken together, his three books, Missing Time, 1981, Intruders, 1987, and Witnessed, 1996, are widely regarded by researchers and skeptics alike as comprising the most influential series of books yet published on the abduction phenomenon. These works, Hopkins' lectures, and his other presentations have been responsible for bringing a number of other noted researchers-David Jacobs, John Carpenter, Yvonne Smith, and John Mack, among others-into this extraordinary area of specialization. His documented discoveries have become the basis of most later abduction investigations and research.
SOURCE: www.intrudersfoundation.org...

Hopkins founded the not for profit Intruders Foundation. The aims of the organisation are.
  1. To provide sympathetic help, understanding and personal investigation for those reporting UFO abduction experiences.
  2. To carry out systematic research into the abduction phenomenon through a careful study of its patterns and resulting physical and psychological evidence.
  3. To mount an extensive program of public education about the phenomenon.
  4. To develop a cadre of trained professionals in various fields to carry out all of these projects.

VIDEO: Exploring the Alien Abduction Experience - Budd Hopkins and John Mack M.D.

Here is a video where you can see the two of them come together to discuss the alien abduction phenomenon.

edit on 18/10/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

edit on 18/10/11 by Pimander because: Ferking puters!!!

edit on 18/10/11 by Pimander because: typo

edit on 18/10/11 by Pimander because: Sing. Phenomenon! Plural Phenomena! God my English is so clumsy sometimes.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I had the great privileged of meeting Budd at a MUFON symposium a few years ago. He was such a gentle soul.

I don't mean to deflect from the gist of your thread, but I still can't accept that Mack got run over! It's just too bizarre. I mean, I know it happens but somehow I usually picture (unfortunately) small children or drunks getting hit and killed. Not a Harvard professor walking down a London road one day (although I understood the driver was drunk)

I was in shock. Still am in a way. We're losing all the legends. And I don't see too many taking their place and I don't know any experts devoting all their time to abductions except David Jacobs. I hope someone takes this phenomenon as seriously as these two men did. They were such a god-send to many people such as myself who had experiences and had nowhere else to turn.

What a huge loss. I hope all the secrets are now revealed to them!

Thank you OP!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

There have been a suspiciously large number of suspicious deaths among UFO researchers. Either myself or another member may run a thread on the topic at some point soon. I don't want to rush in with an easy to debunk half baked thread on it and am busy with other projects at the moment but watch this space.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I don't mean to deflect from the gist of your thread, but I still can't accept that Mack got run over! It's just too bizarre. I mean, I know it happens but somehow I usually picture (unfortunately) small children or drunks getting hit and killed. Not a Harvard professor walking down a London road one day (although I understood the driver was drunk)

Seriously?......you can't accept it?......it's too bizarre?

Stop looking for conspiracies where none exist!.......what a ridiculous statement, you only picture "small children and drunks" getting run over and killed!

Why would a Harvard professor be any less likely to be knocked down and killed by a drunk driver than anyone else?

Get a grip man!

new topics

top topics

join