It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people believe in redistrubution of wealth and more taxes for the rich?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I did see you noted it, but it was mostly in passing. I hear many also saying well sure it's a problem but I don't blame them yadda yadda yadda.....

I refuse to support any movement that will point to one evil and want to crucify part of this group, while giving the rest of the group a pass and not being THE problem...

Crooks are crooks and I will not discriminate between their incomes as to which is worse! I want all crooks punished equally! I don't give a rip their income level or lack of it

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Freedom isn't something that can be EARNED...it is a God given right to all human beings! The various levels of freedom existing in the world is directly linked to the willingness of people to FIGHT for their rights!

I appreciate your service but to imply you have earned freedom while others have not is rather arrogant in my opinion!

Warriors come in many packages, not all of them require wearing a uniform!

Freedom isn't free. Rather than look down your nose at what others have done (or not done), perhaps looking at what more you could do would be more productive. And............ honorable

edit on 10/22/11 by Cinaed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

You are more than welcome to leave our country for greener pastures.

That's the beauty of our country. You are not forced to stay here and participate in what you feel is a greedy, evil empire.

America and the constitution does not belong to conservatives alone. It belongs to every american citizen!

You need to think less of your self, for your own benefit, in the long run.

the Constitution belongs to the Americans who honor it, no party affiliation necessary ... i'm sad that isn't you.

think less of ourselves ??? you must be joking but if not, it seems you need a therapist.
good luck with your Stalinist views ... if you want to be one of the 30+million his system and ideology murdered, step right up

historical link
just in case you think i'm pulling numbers out of thin air

edit on 22-10-2011 by Honor93 because: add link for "proof"

I don't have an addiction to money, neither do I use money to oppress people. The people who suffer from this disease should infact see a therapist. And nice try calling me a stalinist. I was merely exaggerating a point to show how evil the current system is.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I have researched the Illuminati for decades and I fail to see the connection between an honest, hard working and caring rich person and those that believe in a birthright to rule! I would suggest you look into the genealogies of some of the biggest supporters and funders of your views if you are against the Illuminati...

If you are so concerned about the Illuminati then why not opt the attitude of realizing the devil must indeed have his day and render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and give unto God the things that are God's?

Anyone behaving as a non believer that harps the evils of the Illuminati are just very mixed up individuals if you ask me. You even call them Luciferian....

Yet it seems by your posts you refuse to believe in *The Strong Delusion*

I would happily discuss this with you privately anytime

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cinaed

For starters I am not a male, I am female....

I am against crooks, be they rich or poor!! I will defend honest hard working people and those that give a hand up to anyone reaching (versus a hand out!)

If you find this a problem then it is indeed YOUR problem!

I believe in equal opportunity not equal outcome. The previous employer I referred to is a very honest and giving person.... I will defend him and his choices, especially against those who would attack him simply because he has things they do not...if this is your definition of guilt and evilness.... I suppose you do not defend the Constitution either.... I have chosen my side of the fence and no one waving injustice or name calling is going to sway me from being against CROOKS be they rich or poor...versus the current unpopular minority..... that is just Democracy in action

*shudders*

A few thousand crooks with old money are doing much more damage than all the freeloaders you so passionately hate. This is the bottom line, but the babyboomers have bought into this corrupt mentality and that is why they are willing to throw their mother under the bus to perpetuate this babylonian brotherhood rackeet.

It is all a matter of allegiance. You can wave the bogus, christian-dominated, american flag all you want along with that misinterprated-and-changed-a-few-dozen-times-to-suit-my-agenda piece of toilet paper constitution all you want but some people who have actually researched a few things on a conspiracy site called ATS, actually know what the hell is going on and will not sit idlelly to let this once great nation be trashed and mutilated into a third world central american banana republic like nicaragua or hondorus.

If you actually care about america, as I do because I was born there, then stop digging excuses to support corruption such as your $400,000 boss straw-man arguement. I and others have said numerous times we are talking about the insanely wealthy who abused and manipulated the once free market to make it monopoly capitalism of special interest groups.

So stop exaggerating the welfare scam art and start digging to see how much money is lying offshore in international tax havens. You mention ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about this aspect which goes to prove some posters are here to argue straw-man arguements in order to discredit OWS and perpetuate the current status quo.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I have researched the Illuminati for decades and I fail to see the connection between an honest, hard working and caring rich person and those that believe in a birthright to rule! I would suggest you look into the genealogies of some of the biggest supporters and funders of your views if you are against the Illuminati...

The illuminati is actually the babylonian brotherhood and believe it or not it is tied into the return of the annukaki.

If you are so concerned about the Illuminati then why not opt the attitude of realizing the devil must indeed have his day and render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and give unto God the things that are God's?

Because the book of revelation has nothing to do with 2012. It had everything to do with the corruption of the roman empire when saint john the evangelist wrote it in patmos. The people who are desperately trying to make the connection between the two are the ones who wish a ww3 in the middle east and thus a depopulation agenda.

Anyone behaving as a non believer that harps the evils of the Illuminati are just very mixed up individuals if you ask me. You even call them Luciferian....

First of all they are lucifierians and second I consider myself spiritual rather than religious. There is a huge difference between the two. Religion was suppossed to be based on the nephilim and elohim but got twisted way out of context by all mainstream religions. That is why so many books have been banned!

The nephelim and elohim refers to alien species that live in four dimensions or higher. If you ask 999 out of 1000 people on the street what angels/demons and god/satan are they will give you "um..I don't really know" superstitious babble.

Yet it seems by your posts you refuse to believe in *The Strong Delusion*

I would happily discuss this with you privately anytime

There is no "strong delusion", there is only *the work of ages* going back to the great flood when god decided to get rid of the nephelim giants but some survived and they manipulated marsian dna, brought them to the middle east and started what today we call humanity.

We are going off-topic, but the point is I am NOT an atheist!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

That is why I offoered to discuss this in private. I agree with much of what you said in this post and I would be more than willing to compare findings with you.

I am always willing to learn and share, and not so arrogant to believe I have ALL the answers..... I simply take issue with others that do harbor such beliefs....

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

That is why I offoered to discuss this in private. I agree with much of what you said in this post and I would be more than willing to compare findings with you.

I am always willing to learn and share, and not so arrogant to believe I have ALL the answers..... I simply take issue with others that do harbor such beliefs....

So why do you take offense everytime I criticise mainstream religion then?

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

They need to understand that they are attracting what they think about most of the time, and that they are only inviting their own experiences into their lives. It has nothing to do with what's fair and what isn't. The LOA gives out no mercy, doesn't takes sides, all they have to do is leann to master it, then they can Have, Be or Do anything and everything they dream, desire and want to believe and achieve in their lives.

I respect you OP because I quite frankly enjoy my wealth and as I take full 100% responsibility for all my thought's, choices and actions, that is why I have become who I am. Because I desired it, and have a passion for it.

Most of the people, they rant and complain and that's all they will achieve, they attract what they think about the most.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I do not take offense at your questioning of mainstream religion at all! I am very opposed to organized religion myself.

I take issue with anyone that strives to infringe on the right of others to freely express themselves while doing so does not infringe on the rights of anyone else doing the same.

I take issue with those wishing to suppress the individual beliefs of others.

I think you are quite entitled to whatever you believe, right up until you claim you that you are correct and all others are wrong. Even if that were the case...I believe people have the right to be wrong...and stupid. Most people learn the most from their mistakes.

It is up to the individual to decide and to stand for their beliefs. I will oppose anyone that tries to impose their beliefs and arrogantly chide others as having *wrong thinking*

I am a firm believer in THINKING...it is the NON thinking I oppose, or those trying to eliminate open thinking. Right, wrong, left, right...thinking is good and it is how we improve or regress as a species

I will always oppose those feeling entitled to impose their way of thinking on others

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

You live in the U.S, let's educate you a little about the U.S Federal Reserve, from my good friend Robert Kiyosaki. Here is the link below:

www.youtube.com...

Plus the Chinese who are a Communist govt, and the Western World who are a Capitilst govt, there never was a Democracy. And as the U.S are owned by the Chinese govt, and the USD is only worth $0.02 it is not a matter of if, but when, and the USD will be completely diminished by as early as January 2012.

Make preparations for your USD's as they will be worth zero credit by the new year. Make a wise choice and invest into investment vehicles suchas Gold & Silver. Gold has been invested for over 2600 years and will continue rising with inflation.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblackWhy should wealthy people fork over their money more so than the average American? Why should their money be given to anyone other than who they choose to give it to, so long as it was earned through legal means?
edit on 18-10-2011 by gwydionblack because: spelling

1.) It's the 21st Century. There shouldn't be a single homeless or hungry person in this country - a country that claims to be the best in the world.

2.) There wouldn't be people looking for a redistribution of wealth if there wasn't a redistribution of reward. It's time for people to start getting paid what they deserve. For some moron CEO to make millions when they only know how to play a good golf game is inane. The people that do the work deserve the reward. It's called giving credit where credit is due. Anything else is fraudulent and a scam. Most people misunderstand the term 'earning money' if they think these Corporate Officers with insanely high salaries actually earn the money they get.

3.) Someone who makes a profit off of your work and doesn't appreciate what you've done for them is just asking to be screwed over.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CryHavoc

I can only speak for myself but I do think many of my opinion are in total agreement with the issue of corporate corruption and greed, not to mention CRIME... what we oppose is how many of the rules and laws desired by redistribution of wealth would make little impact on the current status quo of corporations and hurt the wealthy private individuals that have done NOTHING illegal, or in my opinion...wrong

What I believe has gotten us to *here* is sheer laziness on the whole of *the people*...the people who have been willing to turn a blind eye or ignore injustice as long as they got a carrot!

I see just as much corruption on the low end as the high end, and very FEW who will acknowledge this, or they will even give a pass to the poor crook milking and frauding the system while at the same time their ideas would crucify the private wealthy person that DOES work hard and DOES appreciate their workers.

If you want change in corporate corruption and crime, the ANSWER is to CHANGE THE LAWS...not steal from the rich and give to the poor, for many of the poor are just as corrupt as the rich.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Why do people believe in redistrubution of wealth and more taxes for the rich?

Or maybe it's just that YOU believe in the Centralization of all wealth, and NO taxes for the wealthy, eh?

(Second Line is totally Correct in every way)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinaed

The problem is too much money has been put out-of-circulation by the elite minority who hold trillions of dollars in secure tax heaven bank accounts. Neither the democrats, and especially not the republicans, are willing to acknowledge the corruption because they are getting paid to suppress the truth.

I do agree 250,000 should not be the bottom limit for the highest tax scale bracket. It should be $1 million. The problem is not the progressive taxation system and the "unlimited" loopholes, but what exactly constitutes *rich*, *middle*, *poor* class.

Another thing is if the FED was public, a lot of the prime rate interest funds would have been collected by the treasury and along with proper implementation of tariffs, there would be much less need for tax money in the first place. And yes welfare fraud should be looked into so that people who deserve the funds do not get cheated by the freeloaders.

Bottom line is everything has been planned this way because the people who run the show have unlimited funds to influence government and if all else fails just hire some lee harvey oswald goon to get him/her out of office by force.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

While it is still America and not Amerika I will speak as much as I like, until or unless the mods silence me...which they have not!

Go ahead and spew your hate all you like, I am not affected by your name calling. I love this country to for reasons I am sure you are not capable of grasping...yet I do not attack you personally.. I speak on the matters I feel are important and I will continue to do so for as long as I breathe.

Go ahead... hate all you like, hate me, hate the Constitution, hate the men that signed it, hate God, hate whatever you like. The likes of your viewpoint will silence me only with death, and trust me... A few have tried to kill me

yet I am STILL here

I stand on what I say whether you like it or agree is no skin off my nose.

Freedom of speech is a wondrous thing!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Again, I agree with much of this post you contributed but where you lose me is when you start to put your perceived *correct limits* on the power of the individual....

I believe in power to the people, not just *some people* and I certainly do not believe some are more equal than others.

The illuminati is a very old organization and while you believe you have it all figured out I would present you do not understand all you know. You may be opposed to them yet, if you should get your desired outcomes it would only herald in the NWO and the complete control by such PTB as you claim to be against.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinaed

You make a lot of broad generalisations which are uncalled for. I neither hate you nor wish you killed. I have no idea why you would even insinuate something like that. We have to neither agree nor disagree on anything/everyting because we are having a discussion.

To be blunt, I think it is people like you hate america and everything she stands for. Never willing to make any compromises for the betterment of society, preffering instead to make strawman arguements to keep the status quo and making posts that are all-over-the-place.

You can accuse me of anything you like, just don't call me a hypocrite. That dishonor belongs elsewhere! .

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I agree with most of what you say but here is my take on the subject. If all people were honest and caring, naturally we would not have a problem. Then any form of government would work but that isn’t reality and we both know it.

There is nothing wrong in a person being wealthy and prosperous if they are honest in getting that wealth and using that wealth but the problem comes when it gets so lop sided that it become monetary dictatorship and cannot be regulated by honest people. That is what this entire world has grown into. If Gaddafi had shared the wealth of his nation with the people in a fair and honest way, then he would have had no problem. The lust of power and wealth almost always blurs the common sense of the power hungry people of all cultures. It isn’t just one group of people but all people who are infected with this lust. It’s an addiction just the same as all addictions.

Hundreds of years ago the Jews had certain rules and regulations to help curb this very thing. They were not to loan money to any of their countrymen for profit. Now that in it self would kill the bankers we have in this country. Every fifty years (the year of Jubilee) the debts of the people were forgiven and they would start over again. That is not to say that this erased the same crooks but it did give the little guy a better chance in life.

Regardless of these safeguards they still had crooks and thieves and I guess you will never get rid of them all but this country has gotten so bad that the gangsters and DC politicians are right out in the open defying you to do anything to them. In other words it’s just as bad as Gaddafi was in Libya. I don’t see any way out of this mess unless we start all over again. Well that’s my take on this, hope I didn’t step on many toes.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I think there are many things we could agree on, the problem as I see it is you do not wish to have a discussion with those not in total agreement with you, you would rather shut us up.

I believe in a live and let live attitude and I stand on and defend the Constitution as the best way in recent centuries to protect the rights of the individual. I believe it is the straying from this causing our current woes and facilitating the agenda of the Illuminati

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join