It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lol, this is funny!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I love how in the past week, I have gotten more "Respectable foes" than I have in any other online media (except for facebook because things happen IRL.) So, this just inspired me to I guess, pose a small survey. (Please mods, Im not trying to collect data so dont T&C this.)

How many foes do you have?
How man mutual foes do you have? (You foed them too)
How many do you actually disagree with on most things?
Do you like kittens?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by spw184

I have absolutely zero "foes" as you put it, at least not to my knowledge. I call things as I see them, and I am not afraid to express my opinions if it means someone gets hurt feelings.

I have no ill will towards any other member here no matter how crass I might come across at times. I enjoy discussing various viewpoints, and have many times re-evaluated my beliefs, and method of thinking because of members that also are unafraid to express their opinions, and I am grateful they are here.

I agree or disagree based on what they are presenting not merely because of their personality or previous posts.

Everyone likes kittens, except for watchitburn.
edit on 18-10-2011 by DrunkNinja because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by spw184

I have 16...

Haven't bothered to foe anyone though, don't see the point.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I hate kittens.

They are the root of all that is evil and wrong in this world. If you look into their eyes they will steal your soul.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
I hate kittens.

They are the root of all that is evil and wrong in this world. If you look into their eyes they will steal your soul.

>:O Nyan cat will smite you!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I have 2 foes. lol

Why? I don't know.

Never talked to them before.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by spw184

I've been foe'd a measly 3 times.

Must try harder it seems...

To be honest I think I've only come across any of them on the main boards like once.. if that even, lol.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
eh?

second line

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by spw184

From my profile, 1

Umm, no idea how I'd even check that?

Well I'd need the total number of active users, and take about 75% of that I think.

Do you like kittens?

I have 3 cats, so obviously yes.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I have 2 foes. lol

Why? I don't know.

Never talked to them before.

lol I know, ive been having a lot of people foe me recently because I disagree with OWS.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I want a puppy so I can kiss his little nose.............

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

why is this threadworthy?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
wow i never looked my rivals before, this person here doesnt seem to like me though
sribibi
and i have no idea why. oh wait im on their friends list too
they love to hate me i guess rofl

i have lots friends though, i stopped adding to my friend list, because it would be nearly everyone on ATS

love you guys x x x

edit on 18/10/11 by Whateva69 because: oops

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Last I checked, I still have 4 rivals. I used to have a longer foes list but, when they changed it to "respected rivals" a few of them dropped out. Guess they didn't feel I deserved the "respected" part of the whole thing. I remember one of them foed me because I said I liked veal in a vegetarians thread.

I mutually foed the 1st guy who foed me. We ended up being pretty civil and friendly toward each other and I was pissed as hell when they banned him. I have only one other person on my list; a total douche who did the unforgivable on ATS: he started a thread, promised to come back with more info to complete it and never returned.

Stuff like that just cannot be forgiven.

I have a few but, nobody who I think is a bad person because of their views.

Do you like kittens?

I think kittens are the lords of the universe and should be treated accordingly.

BTW, I checked your profile and you don't seem to have any rivals listed against you currently. You didn't make all that up did you?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I received a U2U, after a impassioned "te ta te" about abortion.

This is an automated U2U to let you know that (Member Name) has just added you to their respected foe list in their myATS Extended Profile, which is a new social networking feature of ATS.

You can view your profile here: windword as well as manage your friends, foes, and profile information.

While being a respected foe may seem like it could be bad, it might not be. At AboveTopSecret.com we know it is important to keep ourselves challenged by engaging in collaborative discussions with those we disagree with. Being designated as a foe likely means that caladonea is encouraging you to present further challenges and insightful debates.

Please do not respond to this U2U, it was auto-generated from an account that does not receive replies.

Then a few months later, another impassioned arguement about the existence of God, I recieved another U2U from the same person!

They "foed" me twice. It doesn't show up in my profile though, it probably does in theirs.

I haven't foed anybody. If someone upsets me, I avoid them. I wouldn't give a troll the satisfaction of recieving a U2U like the one above.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
When I first came unto this site.. I made the mistake of adding some people to my foe list if I strongly disagreed with one of their posts..

I've really regretted that choice as you can't "unfoe" someone...and after reading other posts by them, I may have agreed with their points of view...and changed my mind about them.

Now..even if I really don't care for someones views I never foe them.... really isn't worth it..after all.. making them a foe won't help change their attitudes or outlook on things.

I don't care if someone foes me.. they may be like me and regret their choice later..if not.. its their choice, and it won't change or effect me .

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

You can view the list of people who rivaled you by going to your profile, clicking on RIVALS (in green on the top right side of the screen) and scrolling to the bottom where you will find the list of members who have added you to their rivals list on the bottom left hand side.

ETA: you can also un-rival someone, just like you can un-friend a member by clicking on the red circle with a - in it next to that person's name on the list.

Maybe someone added you to their list by accident and then un-rivaled you once they got to their profile. I did that once by accident when the FOE button was strategically placed right above where you star a post in the old ATS-pre 2010. I tried sending him a u2u explaining what happened but, the system said it was overwhelmed and I couldn't send the message for over an hour.

Maybe the member who did it to you doesn't know that you get a u2u whenever that happens.

edit on 10/18/11 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
BTW, I checked your profile and you don't seem to have any rivals listed against you currently. You didn't make all that up did you?

Lol no, the past week ive gotten 4 foes that I can think of, mostly because

A. I disagree with OWS and have also been calling out some ows double/triple posters.
B. People find the above posts somehow "Mean or rude"
C. I also made a couple foes because I posted "How is this threadworthy?" (as quoted so kindly above) on a OP that was about cyberstalking, yet was inconherent and Gibberish. (Although the other people knew what he was talking about....weird...[ did I miss the memo on the new language?])

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

ETA: you can also un-rival someone, just like you can un-friend a member by clicking on the red circle with a - in it next to that person's name on the list.

Thank you for that info..wasn't aware of that.

EDIT: hmmm..can't see a list on the left with my rivals on it?..nothing shows up with a red circle with an a- in it ??

edit on 18-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by FortAnthem

Thank you for that info..wasn't aware of that.

EDIT: hmmm..can't see a list on the left with my rivals on it?..nothing shows up with a red circle with an a- in it ??

edit on 18-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

yeah, my list comes up blank too, even though ive received multipile PMS about it.

Realm52 just added you as a respected foe...

RationalDespair just added you as a respected foe...

Plus i deleted a few
edit on 18-10-2011 by spw184 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join