It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olbermann interviews marine veteran who shamed police

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

If you have a link to a video showing this abuse by police at OWS (NYC) please provide it. I searched youtube and the internet and haven't found video proof. I have seen some instances of OTHER Occupy protest in other cities, but not in NYC in Time Square where this Marine went off on the cops.

I don't know how the USMC is with its regs, but the USAF has regulations on uniform wear even or veterans. If you do go out to OWS in uniform, I hope you at least wear your uniform with a bit more dignity, and not make an undue spectacle of yourself. If truly warranted though, make sure your heard by all.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

He should have Benedict Arnold as his avatar

Everyone knows Marines don't attack other Marines, devil dogs always brothers to the end! And service men don't spit on other service men and if they do and claim to be be skeptical and critical. This is very abnormal, if we don't agree with what other service men do we are usually mum and wont care to comment. But we just don't go there. This is abnormal and suspect behavior. Real vets and servicemen know what I am talking about.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Search Bar

use It!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Well apparently what you describe is uniquely Marine. In the USAF we identify impropriety. We call a spade a spade, because to let such behavior continue only furthers its occurrence and leads to disorder. There are Real Vets besides Marines.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

You are a traitor to your country. It pains me to say that.

Not really.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Hey wolf use the search engine on ats and it will show you about chester pully>

Like another poster told you use the search engine, works well

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
reply to post by Wolf321

Search Bar

use It!

Either you can't read or are lazy. Already done. You claim it exists. Prove it.

Originally posted by illuminatislave
reply to post by Wolf321

You are a traitor to your country. It pains me to say that.

Not really.

Yep, when a veteran disapproves of another veterans deplorable behavior, that is treason.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Great video, I'm glad this hero is getting recognition. I hope all the doubters who called this guy out as being a fraud or an actor are enjoying their crow now.... We need more people like him in this country.... And to the little bad wolf, you should be ashamed of yourself for calling out this couragoeous man who is trying to protect his fellow citizens....

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
That veteran was standing up for his people. For you to dishonor him is shameful.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
And to the little bad wolf, you should be ashamed of yourself for calling out this couragoeous man who is trying to protect his fellow citizens....

From what?! How?!

There was no evidence of police abuse. He called them out for being in partial riot gear. He yelled repetitively and loudly. I don't see how he was protecting anyone by doing that, or from what.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

Originally posted by jhn7537
And to the little bad wolf, you should be ashamed of yourself for calling out this couragoeous man who is trying to protect his fellow citizens....

From what?! How?!

There was no evidence of police abuse. He called them out for being in partial riot gear. He yelled repetitively and loudly. I don't see how he was protecting anyone by doing that, or from what.

So you need to see a youtube clip of it for it to be true? Also, he said in the interview with Olbermann that he saw a women being punched by a cop... Is that not abuse?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Of course he can express himself as loudly he choose. However, good military bearing is good human behavior.

I am claiming he clearly has no ability to assess the situation, or worse, he is trying to create a situation. I think it was more of the later.

As for your quotes, none of those have any relation what-so-ever to this one Marine making an @$$ of himself and verbally attacking law enforcement who were not doing the things he claimed. They were walking down the street, not abusing anyone, wearing only partial riot gear for their protection as a precaution, and he goes to equate that to a war zone. Considering their were thousands of people with mixed agendas, some with professed plans to be self-made martyrs and create a scene.

Very little of what OWS is about is related to a free government, or liberties.

If you can't see the direct correlation between this quote

"To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men."
Lincoln

and our current topic of discussion then my debate with you is obviously a moot point. In closing , it is our human right to protest , many of us give up that right when we enter military service , but once you EAS it's game on!

Military bearing has a function , it's job is to make men follow orders and squash free thinking. So when the Sgt tells me , "Hey Corporal XXX, go take your fireteam over to XYZ and lay down some fire on that building" I don't reply , "Stand By Sgt, I didn't finish eating my chicken cavatelli MRE, gimme about 5 mikes good to go?"

That is the only place for military bearing, that has no place in civilian society... blind obedience to orders is exactly what you DON'T want. Think for yourself, don't just follow the programming...

Do you hear yourself?

I am claiming he clearly has no ability to assess the situation, or worse, he is trying to create a situation. I think it was more of the later.

It's a protest, he was simply expressing himself in a NON VIOLENT MANNER... which is the PURPOSE OF A PROTEST!!!

As far as assesing the situation, he was probably the most lucid person there , there was no fear in that man because he could asses the situation and realize THERE WAS NO DANGER.

I don't understand how you can create a situation in a non violent way...

Someone with views as polarized as yours leads me to believe that there's something not right here... I'm not making any accusations , it's just hard for me to believe someone with your avatar being so solidly anti 1st ammendment.
edit on 19-10-2011 by EyesWideShut because: .

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

This is abnormal and suspect behavior. Real vets and servicemen know what I am talking about.

EXACTLY!!! I knew I wasn't the only one... Somethings "OFF".

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
He didn't lie about being a marine as many stated he did so why is he gonna lie about seeing women punched in the face? I guess some people love to eat crow.
edit on 19-10-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Awesome!!! This guy is a real, genuine, hero. I don't make that claim about anyone, you gotta work damn hard to earn my respect as a hero. This man stood up for what he believes in, he stood up for the oppressed, the weak. And through it all he maintained his stance and gave NO ground.

Legend.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

With all the OWS people out there, and all the cameras and phones, if it happens they would have it on video and be showing it in every venue they could. I haven't even seen ONE bit of evidence of police brutality in the Time Square OWS, where this Marine footage came from. Heck there were a dozen videos of this guy, and not one of all the supposed police beating people? Can anyone with sense honestly think that possible??

Might there be a slight chance for a case of police brutality there? Absolutely! You have thousands of people and tensions running high on both sides for different reasons. Do I think it is the norm? Absolutely not.

Likewise, is there not a chance that some of the protesters are trying to clash violently with cops and make a scene, especially considering there are openly professed advocates for just that? Absolutely!

All I can go by is the video available online of the OWS protests, and the video where this Marine goes off. I haven't seen a police brutality video yet, but I did see a Marine poorly sporting his uniform, acting like as @$$. The whole time the cops around him are not aggressive, behaving like militants, and in very little riot gear. Does he expect there to be fewer cops around and in just their blues with thousands of people, marching to make a scene? Clearly, not a smart assessment, or someone looking for attention.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Troll harder.
This Marine is worth more by his actions than you will ever be with your words.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Sgt Johnson's only mistake was not being in Dress Blues rather than "utilities" and having blond hair and blue eyes.. I have blond hair and blues eyes and what I saw was a Marine taking the initiative against other people in uniform denying Americans their right to protest an evil regime that is stealing from them and crapping on the constitution.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

The regs in the Marine Corps are most definatly more restrictive and precise than that of any branch by far. Shall we start with haircuts and Irish pennants? Seriously about your comment on the appropriateness of vets in uniform would you knock him if he was wearing battle worn digi's covered in tar from LP/OP on a hot tar covered roof in 110 degree weather, possibly ripped at the knees from constantly being on the move hard targeting from the enemy? Every marine more so is a rifle man unlike any other branch whether or not he is an 03 knows this as a rifleman he knows the importance of being dressed for battle in this particular case he knew what he was dressing up for, he is no baffoon and his message was heard because he knew his mission he was dressed for it he utilized initiative and his big boy voice, now go aim high

Semper Fi

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

reply to post by jhn7537

The whole time the cops around him are not aggressive, behaving like militants, and in very little riot gear

Oh they werent aggressive because he wasnt a 150 lbs civilian.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join