It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olbermann interviews marine veteran who shamed police

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
He is a TRUE American. Well, actually, anyone who stands with OWS is A TRUE American as well.

Let's take our country back folks.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I called this guy out in the other thread.

I am sorry that I was wrong. Sorry because what it means is that this veteran is going out there disgracing the uniform in both its wear and his grandstanding. I would expect that from a poser, not a true vet.

I know there are abusive cops. I have voice my opinion on renegade law enforcement here before. I also don't like that law enforcement nationwide has become so paramilitary in their operation. However, I have seen a lot of the videos from OWS (New York, not other city protests) and I have not seen any that equate to abuse. I have only seen cops having to deal with a mass of people while maintaining the safety and flow of vehicle and pedestrian traffic. The few instances I have seen where cops were arresting people or being somewhat forceful, were when protesters were not following lawful request made in order to protect their safety and the safety of others (i.e. barricades.)

This Marine embarrassed himself, and all other OWS protesters in his uncouth behavior, as well as bringing discredit to the Marine Corps.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

I am sorry that I was wrong. Sorry because what it means is that this veteran is going out there disgracing the uniform in both its wear and his grandstanding. I would expect that from a poser, not a true vet.

I know there are abusive cops. I have voice my opinion on renegade law enforcement here before. I also don't like that law enforcement nationwide has become so paramilitary in their operation. However, I have seen a lot of the videos from OWS (New York, not other city protests) and I have not seen any that equate to abuse. I have only seen cops having to deal with a mass of people while maintaining the safety and flow of vehicle and pedestrian traffic. The few instances I have seen where cops were arresting people or being somewhat forceful, were when protesters were not following lawful request made in order to protect their safety and the safety of others (i.e. barricades.)

This Marine embarrassed himself, and all other OWS protesters in his uncouth behavior, as well as bringing discredit to the Marine Corps.

I couldn't disagree with everything you just said more if I tried. God bless him for defending us from threats foreign AND domestic. He is an inspiration, not a disgrace, not an embarrassment. Nothing short of a hero. I bet if he had been in uniform at a Tea Party cheering on the right you would have had no problem with his "uniform."

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

You sir are the embarrassment, the disgrace. This man stands up against injustice. A defender of brutality against women and the innocent. Bite your tongue sir. Put your politics aside and see this man for what he truly is. There is no way to shame this hero.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonex

I suspect if he was the kind of guy to have been at a tea party protest, he either wouldn't have been in uniform, or he would have more appropriately demonstrated his veteran status. Likewise, he would not have been hooting and hollering to make a spectacle of himself, especially at cops who were doing nothing.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Ty, fellow devil dog, this man has my utmost respect, as wall street-banks-oligarchy has a tough time when our elite force gets involved. yes i have seen this guy get his dose of ridicule from the arm-chair warriors of this world, but hey what can anyone say when they are in one of the toughest braches of this nationalistic society, and he woke up?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, read it and weep, arm chair babies of the world-the oligarchy-wallstreet. tough to put that kind of opposition down now isn't it? as he should have eaten every regertitated word that was taught to him, but he still has a voice, WHAT A NOVEL CONCEPT, people thinking for themselves, now that is scary

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I was just on his alleged facebook, there were several trolls using sock accounts posing as marines attacking this man. I called them out and asked them a few questions about rank, pay grade and where they went for basic. They could nor answer the question hence were not jars. So i also noticed they did not understand that he was no longer active duty but keep attacking him for wearing fatigues not dress Blues but his Fatigues lol. I cant help but think they were perhaps shills for some agency yet lacked basic intellect one would expect from someone to meat that criteria. then again maybe they dont pay the brightest people to troll and spread propaganda. I noticed the same here on ATS like others me thinks and suspects has hired shills as well. Not very good at arguing always dancing around the facts.

Look at the Viet-nam war and all those vets protesting in fatigues, never heard of anyone getting court martial. But again anyone can wear fatigues ex military or not. And this man discharged years ago. I am just disgusted at the utter mind numbing ignorance of some people and so quick to call the man a fraud. Shame on you. maybe next time think twice before you jump to conclusions. And for those people possibly hired to discredit and smear this man be careful... you don' know who you are dealing with. I would choose a different career you might sleep better.

edit on 18-10-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PosterNutbag

This has nothing to do with politics. If this guy had the exact same political and economic ideals as myself, I would still be calling him out for his appearance and behavior.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Hey wolf for starters have you ever served in the U.S. or are you a arm chair vet?

So my question to you have you ever heard of chester pully in the Marine Corps?

he did the same thing waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy back, so are you saying that chester pully, this man, are a couple of ignorant people?
Well, then kind sir, you have lost my respect as even the most decorated marine in the U.S. marine corps told the American people that war is a racket, and you your family have just got sucked in,.
not impressed with armchair warriors such as yourself, seriously, how in sam hill did this country get going
i digress

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

Yes, 6 years USAF, OEF/OIF.

Yes, I know who Chesty was. I was not aware of any instance where he went out to protest corporations and ended up yelling at cops walking around doing nothing. You might need to check your history on that, or provide evidence.

I assume that this guy learned military bearing at one time. Grandstanding has never been a tenet of good military behavior. There was no call for his outburst.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonex

I couldn't disagree with everything you just said more if I tried. God bless him for defending us from threats foreign AND domestic. He is an inspiration, not a disgrace, not an embarrassment. Nothing short of a hero. I bet if he had been in uniform at a Tea Party cheering on the right you would have had no problem with his "uniform."

+1 , I think someone forgot about the "enemies foreign and domestic" part of the oath. I have friends on the job in the Bronx, Brooklyn and Manhattan and I've asked them about what they thought was gonna happen with this thing , 2 of them told me this verbatim "Lawsuits" my buddy from the Bronx hasn't been on the job long enough to understand how it works yet. If you're looking for the corporate owned media to show police violence in the soundbites you need to take your blinders off and go check youtube (before the accounts get suspended)

The only thing that worries me is I feel that soon we will have an agent provocateur kick off the first domino that will lead to REAL violence...

To my Brothers....Semper Fidelis
To the Others....Sto Velox , Sto Validus

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
This man is a true American hero.

He had the gumption to stand up for Americans on American soil. He has my unending support and respect.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Grand standing as you call it? I call it tired of the war racket, you served in the airforce, as i was fighting hand to hand combat in the first gulf war-task force ripper, maybe you did more, maybe you did less, not the point. The point is, do not disgrace the men and women whom fight for your right as your sucking cold sodas in the rear partner
Chester Pully went with several thousand marines and service members during the first great depression, to let all people of the U.S. to know that war is a racket, and if you want to say that the most decorated marine still to date is a hash, then shame on you, he had it figured out,

But i digress yet again

edit on 18-10-2011 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

It's great to see people like this come forward and help defend our freedom. Hopefully the rest of the military will see things this way.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

So you have some evidence of Chesty yelling at cops doing nothing?

What does it matter about this mans rant, if war is a racket or not?! I don't disagree that War (as it has mainly been in the last 50 years) is a tool used to manipulate people, and empower politically and with wealth many others.

I am not debating the merits of OWS here, or that this Marine wanted to support any OWS views. His behavior in the video against the cops, and after bring discredit to himself and others. That is wherein his shame lies.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Yes, 6 years USAF, OEF/OIF.

Yes, I know who Chesty was. I was not aware of any instance where he went out to protest corporations and ended up yelling at cops walking around doing nothing. You might need to check your history on that, or provide evidence.

I assume that this guy learned military bearing at one time. Grandstanding has never been a tenet of good military behavior. There was no call for his outburst.

Military Bearing has a time and place... that time and place is while you're serving. You need to quit being brainwashed and understand that YOU are not the military , YOU are an individual that served in the military... you ARE allowed to express what you're feeling in a way that you feel appropriate. Not once did I see that Marine say anything disrespectful, nor did I hear him using any expletives. As far as Sounding Off , maybe it's a Marine Corps thing... we sound off in the Corps good to go? I respect the Air Force , but they have a different culture than we do , more of a corporate culture... we have a warriors culture. If you're intimidated by a man expressing himself while using his "outside" voice , that's on you brother.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I am not debating the merits of OWS here, or that this Marine wanted to support any OWS views. His behavior in the video against the cops, and after bring discredit to himself and others. That is wherein his shame lies.

I guess these guys were shamefull too eh?

"To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men."
Lincoln

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
S Adams

"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."
S Adams

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
I'm sure you know this one

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
Thomas Paine

You Seriously need to change your avatar...

edit on 19-10-2011 by EyesWideShut because: 1

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

It was indeed called for, the police have been relentlessly beating people "especially women" for NO REASON! What about the cops dragging people in a bank and arresting them for simply wanting to close an account? What about punching women in the face while in uniform... you know a uniform with a badge and a gun?

Well this is not just an insult to citizens but to all even veterans. He probably wears his fatigues as a sense of identity. Maybe they would not take him seriously if he was wearing a shirt and jeans... the thing is who cares what he was wearing. This is more grasping at straws, the people attacking the man don't like the idea of veterans standing up to authority and men in combat fatigues makes it more sobering for them.

That is what this is about isn't it? You call yourself a serviceman well so am I, and I will go down to OWS myself in my fatigues and do the same thing and anyone that wants to drag my service through the mud well I will take it in stride. REMEMBER WHO YOU SERVE?SERVED SIR! The citizens of the USA! Not the politicians, not the bankers, not the 1% and if you think you do well you are just cannon fodder to them. Make no mistake! I have a hard time understanding how you can chastise this man for speaking his mind and then claiming to be a serviceman

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Of course he can express himself as loudly he choose. However, good military bearing is good human behavior.

I am claiming he clearly has no ability to assess the situation, or worse, he is trying to create a situation. I think it was more of the later.

As for your quotes, none of those have any relation what-so-ever to this one Marine making an @$$ of himself and verbally attacking law enforcement who were not doing the things he claimed. They were walking down the street, not abusing anyone, wearing only partial riot gear for their protection as a precaution, and he goes to equate that to a war zone. Considering their were thousands of people with mixed agendas, some with professed plans to be self-made martyrs and create a scene.

Very little of what OWS is about is related to a free government, or liberties.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
It was Smedley Darlington Butler that spilled the beans on a coup by the elitist to do away with FDR and put himself in office as the President of the U.S.... Any Jar Head that went through boot camp will have heard his name along with Dan Daily... Butler reasoned that he was a gangster for the large corporations like American Fruit Company in Haiti, American Sugar in Cuba and Standard Oil in Tampico Mexico... This was in the 1920s.... Chesty Puller was a Leutenant at the time under hire by a corporation somewhere New Guinea, as a civilian but still in the Corps but being paid by who he was farmed out to.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join