It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Muslim Americans who support terrorist activity and extreme acts of violence living among us

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
There is no way to say from this information that over 300,000 Muslims support killing civilians, so while they are interesting always take them with a slab of salt because they can easily be distorted through wording of questions, polling in certain areas and through that applying it to an entire population. And if you subscribe to the actual definition of terrorism then you will find many countries engaging in terrorist acts, including America. Suicide bombing against civilians is of course very wrong but it is no more immoral than killing them with fighter jets, suicide bombing against military targets is fine though...as fine as anything in war can be of course.
edit on 18-10-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
They live in and around our communities in the UK, and lets face it, the USA has a far larger population than the UK. I'd say its safe to assume, yes. Muslim extremists could well live among you.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by shell69
Right, that's why it says...21%... that would leave the majority of the Muslim Americans NOT sympathetic to terrorism or extremism.. the problem is there are 1.5 million Muslim Americans in the U.S... so 21% of that amount of people is quite a lot of extremist here among us.

Firstly, that figure of 21% is just the number of American Muslims who estimate that there is a ''fair amount'' of sympathy for Islamic extremism within the Muslim community in the USA, and is not an indicator of the actual number of Muslims who may sympathise with terrorism.

Secondly, ''a fair amount'' is far too much of an ambiguous, subjective and statistically unrelatable term to convey any real meaning. I think that there's ''a fair amount'' of Islamophobic posters on ATS, but, firstly, that's just my personal impression, and, secondly, I couldn't possibly translate ''a fair amount'' into any accurate statistical estimate, other than just pulling a figure out of my backside.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

I don't hate anyone, even ignorant people who will sit in a pot of water until it boils over around them like an unintelligent toad that obviously doesn't care what's possibly a threat to them until it makes THEM feel uncomfortable "personally"... obviously I do not think anyone ought to be mistreated in any way or I wouldn't have posed the question of whether anyone thought Muslim Americans in this country posed a "threat". I am only concerned with being aware of any potential threat to the safety and well being of innocents, such as American Civilians who may not be aware of the results of a poll that was taken and proves that there are Muslim Americans who feel it's ok to follow through with a suicide bombing if it is to protect Islam from what they perceive as a threat by their enemies. Murder is a crime and it should be noted by every man woman and child that there are 315,000 (approximate), PEOPLE in this country that find it acceptable to blow them up. I would dare say more than that feel this way considering not everyone would answer the question honestly in the first place.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by shell69

It's obvious to me that you are trying to create a scapegoat in preparation for us starting another war in Iran; An effort to gin up the fear and hatred. We have seen this all before you know.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nice try but Americans are tired of these phony wars for oil.

edit on 19-10-2011 by whaaa because: code yjy

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Think its stupid, if your not american you see america as a terrorist. They have done more damage to the middle east and the rest of the world than any terrorist group in history but they are in the perception of being a hero of the world. Should do a survey on how many Americans want to kill Muslims that would be interesting.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
In response to Whaaa & Chris69 and anyone else that wants to hurl insults and miss the point completely. The responses I have read cause me to question not only why I would bother to start a thread on this website or attempt to invoke an intelligent conversation regarding an issue relevant to what is occuring in our world today, but whether or not posters even READ anything other than the thread title and a portion of the information posted after that.

WHAAAA? Literally UNBELIEVABLE! You speak to me as if I am a member of congress or have some control over when and where the United States of America initiates war. I am simply a single woman with young children who has explicitly explained in posts on this thread what my interest in the Poll and the subject was to begin with. I am concerned as is the rest of the country that we will enter into yet another conflict in the Middle East with Iran, and I hope and pray that we do not. Almost every single male in my family has served in the Military and risked their lives for this country, and the last thing I EVER want to find out is that they have done this for NOTHING, that we were only fighting for some agenda of our corrupt government, or OIL. I also am sickened by the idea that this conflict with Iran could actually be initiated by a manufactured plot and out right LIE of our Government. I suggest you exert your time and energy writing a congressmen or your president if you have a problem with us going to war, as telling me isn't going to help your case at all...I'm noone just like you. I would also suggest that you take the time to review my posts on other's threads to gain a more accurate opinion of what my views are on these issues, as you will find you are dead wrong and will understand more clearly why I resent you even suggesting that I would take part in provoking fear or support any type of war other than one that was in defense of our lives and our freedom.
I sincerely am the most unracist, unprejudiced person you will find. I am human however and I have concerns and fears for MY safety and the safety of MY children, as this is what I am responsible for while on this Earth -MYSELF and my FAMILY. I simply asked a question about something that I was curious about in light of the recent events in Iran. Which when I read about, knowing that I was NOT knowledgeable about the country of Iran or it's history, and in order to form an UNBIASED opinion on the matter, I researched and concluded that my opinion would be that I do not blame them for having an axe to grind with us. It seems that throughout history they have been literally picked on by the U.S. either directly or indirectly... as well as Russia and Great Britain. I also researched the information regarding Muslim Americans in order to form an opinion of whether or not there could be a possiblility of retaliation in our homeland by Muslims, who have so many different reasons to seek revenge against America. I used a survey with the very questions I had in my mind regarding the Muslim Americans position on terrorism in this year 2011 and thought the findings were interesting to say the least. I started a thread, because I thought that is what this website was about. This was my first thread even though I've been visiting the site for the past year, and a member for several months because it was the first subject that I found new and revealing information about, and simply wanted to know if anyone else thought that it was a possibility we could see a serious attack or civil issue arise in our homeland-THAT'S ALL
edit on 19-10-2011 by shell69 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-10-2011 by shell69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stratus9

Yes they did. I am old enough to remember the civil rights era and TPTB did everything they could to make them look like violent devils. But when the white bigots (who had been saying "It's not about race!!!") started killing little girls in churches and murdering the freedom riders- it became obvious who the 'devils' were.

I see the same attitude toward Muslims today - and the same responses.

yea, its like how can the topic title exist yet to replace Muslim and ask the same, is default taboo because we are.. Americans.

Could CHRISTIAN Americans who support terrorist activity and extreme acts of violence living among us..? YES

Could JEWISH Americans who support terrorist activity and extreme acts of violence living among us..? YES

how so? Christian CIA and Jewish Banker Families! really.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vaxar
Yes... to answer your question.

In time another major terrorist attack will happen be it USA or UK but it will happen and it will be something big and organized. From these muslim extremists that hide in our current society

I sincerely hope not, but it does worry me that it could be the only way to retaliate. I don't see anyone being able to ever send bombs over with any real accuracy or result, and I also do not believe we could ever be victims of the same type of occupation that we seem to have no problem succesfully organizing in other countries. This leaves some type of alternate plan, and it just occured to me to reasearch possibilities when I thought outside the box as to what type of plan that could be.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join