It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas frees Israel's Gilad Shalit in prisoner swap

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by k0mbination

Give me a break, i also lived in both and i can tell you that everything i wrote is correct from my experience. So before you spread your propaganda try telling the truth...

Go live in Gaza as opposed to Tel Aviv and lets see how tolerant Hamas would be to you if they thought they could kidnap you and get money or make demands.

Give me a break, to even compare the two is just laughable

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Moderator Alert:
ENOUGH OF THE OFF TOPIC CHILDISH BICKERING.
Play the ball, not the other members.
-burdman30ott6

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Good call, I tried to inject a bit of humor bit I think it got missed!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jaxnmarko

I don't think it matters what the released palestinians do, never is another person's actions ever anyone else's responsibility or guilt to bare. They will be the ones to blame and responsible, if they choose to murder others. Not this soldiers responsibility to worry about.
edit on 18-10-2011 by shell69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

Really you seems very touchy on this.
well hows this. While I lived in Old jerusalem (I've never lived in Tel Aviv) A Israeli soldier snapped one day and shot dead thirty arab civilians, and guess what?!?!? not one word mentioned in western press. Who would have believed it??? NOT ONE WORD. And all of them where old women and kids as it was in the old city markets. This was over 10 years ago now.
And I believe I made it fairly clear that while I do not support Hamas I also do not support Israel, and do not believe for one minute the bleeding heart we are the innocents story's that are told of Israeli actions.
If you truly believe that Israel is in the right, well then good for you. I suggest you grow a black beard get curly bits growing from above your ears, wear black all the time, and move there.
yalla bye

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Thing is, many of these Arab/Middle Eastern dictatorships - those whose behavior you imagine to be inhumane - have been endlessly supported by the US and the West precisely because they are so brutal to their own populations. That's the way it has been for at least 50 years. Have you looked where these thugs often get their ability to use force from? Same places that Israel has for decades = US high tech industry.

Even Iran was a US client state until they overthrew their dictator. (But this did not stop the US arming both the Iranian fundamentalists and the psychopath Saddam Hussein in a war that killed tens of thousands)

If you'd like example of how humane the Israeli military can be, try thinking for a minute about this 1000/1 ratio: it is the same kill ratio inflicted on Gaza civilians, including many women and children, by the IDF only two years ago (using US built/US taxpayer funded weapons, note).

Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni talking about these 1000 dead people in 2008:
“Israel demonstrated real hooliganism during the course of the recent operation, which I demanded.”

I'm not hating on the Israeli people, but please try to have a memory longer than 20 minutes. Israel might have a somewhat civilized legal system, but it always becomes conveniently opaque when a conflict with Palestinians arises. It is unwise to conflate the legal system with the conduct of upper government and military - as those systems themselves are typically in conflict with the Law.

edit on 18-10-2011 by yampa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

while israel is releasing 1000 Hamas prisoners with blood on their hands for just one israeli soldier.

That is an assumption. Have you investigated the case, the charges and the convictions of every single prisoner that is being released by Israel? If not than how can you claim that they all have blood on their hands, as that implies that they have all killed on or more people.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac
reply to post by solarstorm

lol are you a joke?

Also the Arab League who is warning the syrian president to stop is a Zionist plot?

Go post someplace else. Leave the conversation on my thread for adults...

And yes keep focusing on my typos because you have nothing smart or intelligent to say…
edit on 18-10-2011 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

you must either be a "sponsored agent" or "complete id**t"

I am sorry I don't have anything else "smart or intelligent" to say.

and about this exchange; it is clearly meant to be "1 Israeli worth 1000 message" to the ignorant sheep.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

...while israel is releasing 1000 Hamas prisoners with blood on their hands for just one israeli soldier. It really makes you think who are the more ethical and moral people.

But the 1000+ prisoners are not being released to freedom they are being released to Gaza which is effectively an Israeli controlled concentration camp.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
11:08 Gilad Shalit to Egyptian television: "Hamas treated me well."

11:18 Gilad Shalit to Egyptian television: "I will be very happy if the Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jails are released, so long as they don't return to attack Israel."

11:22 Gilad Shalit, in first interview, to Egyptian television: "I missed my family, seeing people, and talking."

11:42 Gilad Shalit in first interview, to Egyptian TV: I will endeavor to facilitate peace between Israel and Palestinians.

www.haaretz.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

If they are not terrorists or radicalised towards terrorism then i dont see the problem.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Disgusting .. Israeli ethics of mass murder of unarmed women, children , elderly and anyone else in their way.. Stealing land, displacing those they dont murder outright..forcing people to live like animals..
Dont believe the israeli pr stunt for a second.. Once the worlds attention shifts Israel will murder thousands more innocent people.. Wont even go into the inhumane things Israelis inflict upon those they capture..

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by yampa

11:18 Gilad Shalit to Egyptian television: "I will be very happy if the Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jails are released, so long as they don't return to attack Israel."

11:22 Gilad Shalit, in first interview, to Egyptian television: "I missed my family, seeing people, and talking."

11:42 Gilad Shalit in first interview, to Egyptian TV: I will endeavor to facilitate peace between Israel and Palestinians.

www.haaretz.com...

That's what 5 years of brainwashing and a dash of Stockholm syndrome will do to a hostage.

In addition, it is remarkable to find so many posters that have lived in both Gaza and Israel, what luck...

Regards, Skellon.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by yampa

www.haaretz.com...

Exactly, that's the point exactly. Now lets wait and hear how those Palestinian prisoners were treated. And lets not forget a good chunk of the Palestinians in jail in Israel are women and children, and unless things have changed, not many, or no children at all, were scheduled for release.

This IDf soldier who was "Kidnapped" or "Captured" depending on which news paper you read, was either treated well (his own words) or treated like an animal in captivity.

How many rubbercoated steel bullets did the Palestinians fire into him point blank while blindfolded and tied up? I'm guessing none.

Lets get 1 damn thing straight here folks.

You can be non-supportive of the actions of the government, military, and settlers in Israel while still supporting every Israelis right to live a free happy and peaceful life.

You can support the Palestinians wish for freedom and security WITHOUT supporting terrorism.

See, shotgun bob and others like to play this awesome game where since you think Israel might be in the wrong in some cases, you instantly support each and every act of terrorism against Israel. It's a sham and quite pathetic and usually the reason morons end up fighting and getting their posts removed.

Because, deep in their hearts, even shotgun bob and the like know those people are humans too and deserve life just like we do. They know in their hearts not every brown person is a terrorist, they know in their hearts that Israel has brought a good chunk of this unto themselves. But see, their rabid religious beliefs won't allow that line of thinking. And yes, I'm saying this right now, unless you are an Israeli who has lived there, the only reason you can possibly blindly support what they have done and are doing is because of brainwashing via religion.

I have a great personal friend, who used to be a member here actually, who on almost every topic is "awake" but don't even mention Israel, because he'll tell you that it's in the bible and his religion dictates that he support them no matter what, even if it brings about nuclear Armageddon, because it was written and bible prophecy HAS to be true.

Hitler was a Syphilitic psycho and I in no way support what he did. Does this mean I hate all Germans? The Nazi party, the SS, and parts of the Wermarch all committed atrocities during the war. Does this mean each and every german, including children born after these events, is guilt of these crimes?

No, of course not.

The blood of the millions killed in Russia by Jews is not on the hands of any Jews I know.

Why is each and every Palestinian held accountable for crimes they didn't commit from birth. Why are their children "terrorists" in waiting?

You guys do know the history right, I mean, if you love and support Israel so much, you obviously know the history.

Do you know why the Germans started killing Jewish chidlren? They didn't at first, they tried to "Aryanize" as many of them as they could. but eventually, they started murdering them. They did this because, they believed, if allowed to grow into adulthood, these children would seek revenge and become a problem.

So there you have it, yet another "antisemitic" comparison of Israel and Nazi Germany, and it fits. It's quite sad.

But I'm sick of you guys trying to smear everyone, I haven't seen a single user here cheer for a terror attack, or even justify it. In fact, I see the opposite. I see people saying the same thing I'm saying. Israel is the aggressor, Israel is breaking international law, but killing from either side is WRONG. Acts of terror are wrong, be is a suicide bomber, or state sponsored terror like that of the Settlers.

Both sides are killing innocents, and you can try to make it ok because "Israel tries not to target civilians" and you can blame it on Hamas like Shotgun bob, but the fact remains, both sides are the problem, and both sides are the solution.

We can easily support the Palestinians while NOT supporting the terror. But it doesn't matter, because we're antisemites for even thinking the Palestinians deserve a chance. We're antisemites for not understanding that every single arab on earth is a jew hating monster.

Get bent.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion
But the 1000+ prisoners are not being released to freedom they are being released to Gaza which is effectively an Israeli controlled concentration camp.

Yes, of course.

Maybe if you ever took the time to actually research what Gaza is really like, you would have a clue of what you're talking about.

Better yet, visit Gaza in person. Oh, and while you're there, pick me up a pair of Armani shoes and a Hugo Boss suit for a good price in one of their shopping malls, I'll pay you when you get back.

edit on 18-10-2011 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Lets debate what condition the Palestinian TERRORISTS were in as they were handed over to the Egyptians compared to Gilad Shalit......

1. Gilad, although in good health, appeared gaunt, very pale and malnourished as if he was starving

2. The Palestinians were in better health and appeared to had been fed VERY well

I don't care what anyone wants to say or what gripes they may have towards the IDF or Israelis in general, fact is this is the end game: Gilad Shalit is HOME alive and safe; thats all I care about! I'm thrilled to pieces.

As for the Palestinian terrorists/prisoners......return to terror and there's no 2nd chances! This article is not a threat......it's a warning:

www.israelnationalnews.com...

This is what happened today among the Palestinians as the prisoners were being swapped at the border:

www.israelnationalnews.com...

May I also add there were many Palestinians that did'nt want to return to Gaza or the West Bank; 2 of them feared reprisals from Gazans at the 11th hour! Now how many of the prisoners will be exterminated in the coming days or weeks by Hamas and Fatah? Yeah, let's hear you all scream at that suggestion.......I won't be!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

when you hear this and see how the middle eastern countries like syria, iran etc treat their own people like animals and kill them. while israel is releasing 1000 Hamas prisoners with blood on their hands for just one israeli soldier. It really makes you think who are the more ethical and moral people.

you tell me in what country would you like to be a part of...

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 18-10-2011 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

Iran is the more ethical and moral people as they released hikers without needing any prisoners swapped in return.
They are asking for prisoners to now be released but that probably won't happen, so who are the more ethical people?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by yampa

Egyptian TV EXPLOITED Gilad Shalit like animals and milked him for what they thought was worth; of course Gilad is going to tell them what they want to hear but wait until after he's on Israeli soil a month from now.....
edit on 18-10-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

I've researched each and every Palestinian terrorist/prisoner that was handed over, over the years.......let me tell you almost ALL of them have blood on their hands, those who don't were caught wearing bomb belts before they were detenated !!!!!

Gilad Shalit could'nt even kill a mouse unless his life depended on it

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

This thread is not about Iran! READ carefully........Hamas FREES Gilad in prisoner swap!

Got it?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join