It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Songs you'd never heard before.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

i heard this song for the first time last night, and now its my new favorite song.

i cant imagine how a song this good could have fallen off the radar where i would have missed it for so many years.

it really makes me wonder how many other songs, movies, tv shows, books, art, etc just evaporates into thin air when people forget to remember it.

which makes me think of how all those people in ancient far away times would worship their "ancestors".. even going so far as to stick them in jars in special rooms of their houses to pray over every day... all so they wouldnt be forgotten and be lost... but they still are now... just random names here and there, but just names, we dont know them or what happened to them.

even if we make this thread a shrine to things forgotten.. eventually this page will be deleted and beyond that, eventually the whole internet itself will become obsolete and forgotten...

thank god
edit on 18-10-2011 by BohemianBrim because: forgot to post the song!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Thank you SO much, this song is incredible.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
it really makes me wonder how many other songs, movies, tv shows, books, art, etc just evaporates into thin air when people forget to remember it.

even if we make this thread a shrine to things forgotten.. eventually this page will be deleted and beyond that, eventually the whole internet itself will become obsolete and forgotten...

thank god
edit on 18-10-2011 by BohemianBrim because: forgot to post the song!

So... I gotta leave my own track to the underviewed.

Because like you, I want things to be remembered. Since logging on to the internet for the first time earlier this year, I have been wonderfully fulfilled with all the YouTube songs that I thought I would never hear again, except in my memories.

So, I'm sorry I have to thank god FOR the internet.

And don't worry, all of our experiences are hardwired into our brain which will retain these memories and upon our death we will carry them forever. Be careful what you pack your mind with...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I had heard this before when I saw the first episode of Game Of Thrones but subsequently fast forwarded through the opening credits with the rest of the season and until recently had forgotten it but listening to it again, just makes me realise how majestic it sounds

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Sometimes I think about all the music I listen to (Music is my hobby, obsession and OCD all rolled into one lol)
and think about how in 10/20/50 years I expect no one will ever listen to it, or have even heard of the artist.
Especially as most of my fave tracks, and artists are underrated, or unsigned, or not given a second thought.
That makes me have a little panic attack.. odd as it sounds.

You might hate these, but I adore them, and maybe one day in the future, when I'm dead and forgotten, someone will read this archived thread, and check them out.

Shelley harland - Rivers

65 days of static - Radio Protector

Ulrich Schnauss - Goodbye

God is an astronaut - Coda

Alcest - Tir nan og

I'll go now.. sorry for that..

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
That Dion song I have never heard before in my life and I quite liked it...

It seems to me as though you are a person who likes a good voice, melody and soul in your music. I have posted a song/video by Jamie Lidell, I don't know if you know of him, but give it a listen, I think you will like it. I went to see him in Sydney before I moved back to the UK, and he was awesome live. If you like that song then also have a look at another track called Multipy...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
And so, as long as the memories are long ago, and just like yesterday...

Its a Beautiful Day -- White Bird

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

congrats, you got something stuck in my head.
that song and video are crazy.

reply to post by curious7

i really need to watch that show. the opening is amazing. i really want to learn computer animation now.

reply to post by Deplume

i try not to hate anything, its really easy as long as i keep reminding myself to stop being a jaded cynical jerk.

that first song reminded me of this old sarah mclachlan song:

i really like the other ones too. the Ulrich Schnauss video and song are hypnotic.

ever listen to tori amos? or portishead?

reply to post by davethebear

yeah hes pretty good, but that video is crazy! at first i thought it was creepy, then the girl with the googly glasses had my cracking up.

reply to post by intrptr

theres a hippy store in my town called "Its A Beautiful Day". now i know where they got the name from.

i like it, i like pretty much anything with vocal harmony.
but the guy's voice sorta sounds like Bowie every now and then, kinda distracting me, haha.
edit on 20-10-2011 by BohemianBrim because: changed horrible sounding video

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
oh, heres a whole band im sure no one has ever heard

this is the beat my soul moves to

found them in high school, then lost them. there are a few other bands that share their name, they only have like 2-3 albums.

top topics

join