It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In my opinion, ATS is more addicting than Facebook

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Although I do not have a Facebook, this website is very addicting, who else agrees? =D

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Absolutely agree with that; funny I never realized it before...
But at least on ATS I can plow my farm ANONYMOUSLY
edit on 17-10-2011 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteHat

Lol, but the good thing is, it is addicting in a good way in that I learn a lot about a lot of things. I remember when I had my facebook, all I would do is browse through other people's lives and completely forget about my own. Thank god I broke away from all of that for the time being.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
hell yeah
its not just a conspiracy site
you can use it as a news source, youll get breaking news here just as quick as anywhere else.
i think its so addictive because you actually want to hear most peoples opinions

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Ha,. ATS traps you here, ensnares you in it's sticky web of conspiracy and... waits for you to stuff up.. Then it pokes you with it's mighty mod stick and makes you feel bad.

You wait!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished
Although I do not have a Facebook, this website is very addicting, who else agrees? =D

Facebook sucks... Just so you know...

At least here when people post stupid crap, you can just avoid it...

On FB stupid crap gets slammed in your face every time you log in... and if you are tempted to comment on said stupid Sh!t... Don't forget "all your friends/family are watching"

And then theres the people that post every single action they do, as if we care if you're at the mall, picking out a new shirt, at the GF/BF's...

Makes my frickin head hurt

:bnghd:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Alex Jones
Carl Calleman
David Icke
David Wilcock
Jordan Maxwell

ATS is a never-ending treasure trove of entertainment. If I'm going to be enslaved by multi-trillionaires with zero hope of ever breaking free, I, at least, want to live sorting through the information like a game to see if I can come anywhere close to what is really the truth than playing mind-numbing games for months on end and worshiping Justin Bieber.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Yes, I'm more addicted to truth and knowledge than who is sitting on the toilet eating a pork chop while taking care of their farm.

But that's just me...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Agree!

ATS makes you smarter, no question about that.

FB ... for the most part, massively contributes to the dumbing down of society ... (except for when i share cool links i come across on here!) ... although it's fun to lightly stalk friends and foes, that you have to admit.

... also, just to note, i do find myself refreshing the New Topics Fire House much more often on any given night than i do the new and "improved" facebook.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

it's really true. i constantly see news before it's "news" on this site ... occupy wall street? i think we can all safely say we knew what was up even before the protests began 31 days ago ... japan earth quake? It was reported on ATS a solid 15-20 minutes before MSM picked up on it. those are just a couple of the many examples where we've been "in the know", FIRST.

It's really fantastic to have such a collection of like minded people in one place who log into ATS before they check out their FB news feed on any given day.

... it's even more fantastic laughing at MSM on a daily basis when you know you're always a beat ahead... know what i mean?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
ATS is the smart farm!
And very addictive.
And,on occasion,have been notified by my ATS widow,my wife,that she is real.Not some reptilian creature trying to mindmeld with me to steal my knowledge.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
That's so funny! I've thought that since I've been lurking on here for so long. Everyone I tell about it just talk about it all the time (sometimes excessively). But it's true, you get news extremely fast and some thoughts to go with it, even completely crazy ones, that I like to think of as the funnies section of a newspaper. I love this site.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
LoL @ kdog, I hear you. Every night wifey rolls over as I have my iPad in hand reading and she says "that site again, seriously how could you possibly find that much stuff on that site to be reading it all the time?!"

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by xvagrantx

that makes 3 of us! and i'm sure countless more. my wife is a big time "US Weekly", "Top 10", "TMZ" type gal.... opposite's attract....

...needless to say, she hates this site. hahaha.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by xvagrantx
LoL @ kdog, I hear you. Every night wifey rolls over as I have my iPad in hand reading and she says "that site again, seriously how could you possibly find that much stuff on that site to be reading it all the time?!"

Mine does it to as I lay in bed with my ipad.
She says"what kind of crazy stuff are you reading now?"
I respond with"it's way better then facebook and what your friends dog is dressed up for halloween!"
edit on 18-10-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I admit it: I'm a junkie, and I'm hooked on ATS (someone call Dr. Phil!!!)

I check the newest headlines the first thing when I get up every day, because as we all know, news appears here sometimes HOURS before it hits the MSM if at all. Often, I will be on ATS exchanging viewpoints with friend and foe (although I have no "official" foes,) sometimes until the ass crack of dawn. At times, I've even been tempted to ask the staff to ban me temporarily just so I can get some work done.

So star and flag for you OP. You have put into words what we all feel from time to time.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I got rid of Facebook not long after I tried it. Too creepy for me.
I don't know if I am addicted to ATS but I have been accused of being addicted. I don't know when the last time I went an entire day with out checking ATS but I am sure I could easily go an entire day with out coming here. I do have day's where I feel a little burnt out on it, which leads to me only checking in two or three times through out the day. Still not convinced I am addicted though.
edit on 18-10-2011 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2011 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Well I'm at the
New Topics Fire House much more often than i do the new and "improved" facebook

getting to the point some of my friend keep asking me hey what new we should know

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I told you guys it is addicting, this website is actually keeping me sane.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
I don't know when the last time I went an entire day with out checking ATS but I am sure I could easily go an entire day with out coming here. I do have day's where I feel a little burnt out on it, which leads to me only checking in two or three times through out the day. Still not convinced I am addicted though.

Sounds like a classic case of denial to me. Someone schedule an intervention!

Heck yeah, ATS is more addicting than crack.

But hey, I could quit anytime if I really wanted to...
(starts going into withdrawl convulsions just at the thought of it)

Really, I could.[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fe2800829cbb.gif[/atsimg]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join