It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fellow ATSers, do people mock you for being on ATS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Just a quick thought, I sometimes find myself being mocked and made fun of whenever I talk about government conspiracies with some friends. I have some friends who think that all of these conspiracies are rubbish. However, I usually find myself in a situation where I am always criticized for believing that the world around us is not exactly as it seems, and I find it very difficult to explain to my friends that they are being brainwashed by the mainstream media and what not. Has anyone else on here also gone through similar experiences with their families, friends, or etc? I would like to hear everyone's experiences, thoughts, or ideas on how to approach any other future situations I might come across.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

No they don't. I've started to notice that some of the more annoying people in my life have been on ATS for years.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Hahaa, so far none of my friends I know are on ATS, but I like to keep it that way, it is cool when they ask me how the hell I get news so fast! =D Btw, your avatar looks like my ex girlfriend, its pretty sick lmao.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

A middle aged/senior person in my life that has been a constant annoyance recently mentioned he's on ATS. Can't stand him.

If you dated Baroness, then you're very lucky.

edit on 17-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Only the ones whose opinions I don't care about anyways.

They don't like my tinfoil hat and I tell them that their blinders will stop them from seeing approaching danger.

edit on 17-10-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
A few years ago I would have said yes. Now I think enough of my friends and acquaintances realize that there may be more "truth" to so-called "conspiracy theories" and more "conspiracy" in the so-called truth. Even my 'rents, who use to parrot everything they heard on the news are starting to realize they have been duped. I share some of the stories and news I find on here with people, and ask that they also do the digging themselves, and they will often say, "Wow, I didn't know the rabbit hole was so deep! How do you find this news?" To which I reply, "Google: Deny Ignorance"

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

You know whats really funny? It turns out, there are no conspiracies, no hidden agenda, nothing is going to happen in 2012, the world is controlled only by our lovely heads of state.

Oh, and you are actually a mushroom. A really, really big one. Dont believe me??? Why not? Everyone who truly knows whats what does! Wait, you're hinting that what Ive never questioned my entire life isnt true?!?!?!? Preposterous! Good day Sir!

I think that answers your question.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mattime

I just got called a mushroom on a conspiracy website, damn there is not one good comeback I can think of lmao. Good one friend hahahah

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Yep, Tin Foil hat, and other names... lol all in good fun though. Ultimately, a few of them have opened accounts here and those that haven't have questioned me regularly on whats new in the world of dark theories and global destruction
kind of fun actually.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LanternOfDiogenes

It's fun to make up something that's a complete lie just to see how far they'll take it.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
My friends don't even know what ATS is. They never heard of this site and they are also not so aware of what is going on around the world. Some are becoming aware though that the illuminati exists.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LanternOfDiogenes
Yep, Tin Foil hat, and other names... lol all in good fun though. Ultimately, a few of them have opened accounts here and those that haven't have questioned me regularly on whats new in the world of dark theories and global destruction
kind of fun actually.

You are researching things from the stand point of fear that is why you are led to believe that the world will be destroyed. On the opposite spectrum of your belief is the Golden Age for earth. You might also want to research this topic.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

And that is exactly how the true degree of human stupidity can be witnessed. Haha

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

Some of my friends know but they tell me to be careful, thinking that the FBI is going to get me or something, but yeah I definitely hear ya.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I have always been thought of as a bit of an oddity so this aspect of my personality doesnt get too many raised eyebrows from friends and family. If anything I have become a sounding board for when they wanna talk about something that might get them laughed at in other circles. Im glad to be that for them, lol. my bit of public service to those brave enough to ask questions

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker

Originally posted by LanternOfDiogenes
kind of fun actually.

You are researching things from the stand point of fear that is why you are led to believe that the world will be destroyed. On the opposite spectrum of your belief is the Golden Age for earth. You might also want to research this topic.

That was sarcasm...nice to see that reads through
And I am not led anywhere, but you do not know me so you are only going on this little blurb on this specific thread thanks though!! Have you read any of my threads?
They are usually on new tech and politics, not fear looking at reality.
edit on 12/08/11 by LanternOfDiogenes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

Sometimes I just wonder when the hell the people around me, especially my friends, will wake up and smell the coffee.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
IMO, in general, most people are not really very open-minded, even if they think or say that they are. Experience has taught me to be real careful who I tell what.

I find that most people on ATS are open minded and tend to have an above average intelligence ... not all, but most.

I believe one really has to know their audience -- you have to be careful what you reveal to others about yourself.

Some people resent others who don't think like them. Sometimes telling the wrong person can backfire or have consequences ... and then there are the ignorant ones who are convinced 'think like me, or just be wrong'.

There's no shortage of close-minded, arrogant know-it-alls.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Most of the people I know can't spell AST; I mean ATS...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I know how frustrating that can be. Sometimes listening to those who choose to remain ignorant can make you lose faith in humanity. After all....if there is some crazy chance that we only have a year to make things right, how on earth are billions going to wake up by then? Knowledge is power and yet many are opting for powerlessness in the face of overwhelming odds. Try not to think too ill of them though as fear can make you do that. Some people are willing to open the closet door and confront the monster head on while others would rather hide under the covers and pray he just goes away. And then there's people like us...lurking under a pile of laundry in hopes of getting a good picture of the beast so that we might post them on ATS.

edit on 18-10-2011 by irsuccubus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join