It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Video) Quantum Levitation: I Want This On My Car, NOW.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Once your in space you dont need to levitate anything there is no gravity effecting your craft unless you come close to a planet or the sun or another body of mass.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Super cooled magnets ... yay ... thats not the future of transportation

The square is made of magnets and the circle is a coil, the upper magnet spins because the current running through the coil goes in circles thus creating a rotational magnetic field arround it ..

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
The song (Roygivb by Boards of Canada) that comes out in the second video is freaking awesome! Totally fits the whole futuristic feel! But anyway That is crazy! Is this something that the little ones can make for the science fair or is this something that takes time and smarts to build/create?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pforkp

This is really cool.

My question is this: could the same technology here use the Earth's own magnetic field to levitate an object? Say, for instance, a flying saucer?

All you would need would be some sort of propulsion device, but as it appears in the video to move quite easily all you would need is a significant air burst.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Similar to the flying magnetic car in Captain america ??

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Sorry to break this to you all, but this is just magnetism.... DIAMAGNETISM.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sabalsis1972
..this tech is from the 1940 !..so what!..do you see it on real ? no ..and by the way who has permanent ,magnets??? only USA after he robbed all the planet THANKS for be the revolutionary country !..

Aw shucks! I was so looking forward to how the Department of Defense was going to use this technology to kill people. If they haven't done anything with the tech since the 1940's I guess it won't happen.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pforkp

Can only say 'great stuff'

There are some trains already in operation in parts of the World which use this Magnetic Levitation but this will surely wipe out those Oil Tycoons once and for all and all those Oil Companies!!

I mean Magnetism is really something that we all should have played around with at school really... someone back 30 years ago would have come up with this same thing.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Impossible by what I understand.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Then commercialy speaking, it is not as useful as people are assuming it will become in the future. The cooling required to keep the superconducting magnetic elements of any such device, would make them to expensive for mass production or indeed mass markets, so we will NOT be seeing this in a car, or indeed in any home based device.

Unless of course they solve these issues.

I am all too aware of the limitations of reality where such technology is concerned. However, demanding the impossible is one of the drivers of progressive changes in our technological know how as a species, so I felt it worth saying in any case.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
what i see as the only problem is if you put 2 of them next to eachother they will attract towards eachother so it makes this totally impossible to apply to regular population what good is it if you can only have one they need to think things through totally novel idea but wont work on a mass scale.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join