It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet USMC Sgt Shamar Thomas on Countdown w/ Keith Olbermann Famous OWS Video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson
that last video, that white shirt officer is simply an embarassment to the human race. Thats a women, i dont care if she was threatening your life, she is half his weight and he has infinity more training in hand to hand combat. What a selfish evil little gutless #. I know its quit tense at occupy movements, but no reason for him to just snap at her like that. Even if she did spit on him.
things like this make me sick,part of me thinks someone should have pounced on that cop..but what I wanted to ask was does anyone know what happened to that cop after this incident?Does anyone know his name?any updates as to who the girl was?sorry for all of the questions but I couldn't find anything on it.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

Originally posted by hp1229

Women want to be at equal with men then why not the beatings at a protest?
Afterall they have managed to climb up to a very good level in the societies around the world from lets say 100 years ago. If not anything, Women in US have lot more legal rights then many countries around the world. Women have advanced into several segments and parts of the economies around the world. If they are against Wall Street CEO's (Women or Men) then certainly they are also part of the problem not just greedy CEO's and Politicians and everyone that are to be blamed.

HP although I understand your position on men and women being treated equal, no one should ever be assaulted and battered, if they are not a threat, not a man or a woman, especially an unarmed female peacefully protesting.

The thread topic is about USMC Sgt Shamar Thomas, let's try to not derail the thread. Positive and constructive talk. Thanks for posting!

Well. For one thing, we are not sure if the Woman in the video had provoked the officer in anyway. All we see is the officers action.

Nobody is trying to derail but only trying to be on the track with a positive and true mindset. We certainly cannot drive off into a totally different tangent with hypocricy in our minds.

On the Marine's message, would it be fair if the people that he killed during War and the people that were unarmed were all danger to him and his fellow marines? I can certainly see him shooting down the armed opponent. However do you think for a change that any of his bullets might have killed someone innocent who was not armed but only living in the vicinity? Maybe he knows or maybe he doesn't know if any of his bullets fired from his gun didn't kill any innocent child or adult alike in Iraq or Afghanistan. Even if he did knew about it, it would be justified as Marines Simply Follow Orders. Do you for one think that all the bullets fired in a War is based on Orders and not on provocation or vulgarity used against the marine? hmmmmmm

Personally I think he might be a legitimate marine with preference to Political Parties and is probably used as a pawn to stir the pot on OWS.
edit on 18-10-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2011 by hp1229 because: typo

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by squidboy
Trust me. The uniform is symbolic. If he was not wearing the uniform, I am willing to bet the cops would have jumped on him, beat him, and arrested him for disturbing the peace. The uniform and cameras in this case, kept the Police in check. He would probably have then been thrown in some Psych-ward (which can technically keep you in longer then prison)...

The imagery of the cops jumping on a uniformed vet, would have been suicide for the NYPD. If they did that, do you know how many Vets would have joined up just by that action?

The Uniform has power that just screaming, "I'm a Vet" does not.

Agree completely about the Uniform. Its the respect to the Uniform and what it represents just the way people/friends in White House respect the President and who it represents rather than the Individual.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

It was actually a bloke.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

On the Marine's message, would it be fair if the people that he killed during War and the one's that were unarmed were all danger to him and his fellow marines? I can certainly see him shooting down the armed opponent. However do you think for a change that any of his bullets might have killed someone innocent who was not armed but only living in the vicinity? Maybe he knows or maybe he doesn't know if any of his bullets fired from his gun didn't kill any innocent child or adult alike in Iraq or Afghanistan. Even if he did knew about it, it would be justified as Marines Simply Following Orders. Do you for one think that all the bullets fired in a War is based on Orders and not on provocation or vulgarity? hmmmmmm

Personally I think he might be a legitimate marine with preference to Political Parties and is probably used as a pawn to stir the pot on OWS.

Hopefully he is not a political pawn.

Now to your question about killing in Iraq and his comment about hurting people in Iraq. Yes, it's a bit of hypocrisy to be able to hurt in one country, but then not another.

I think what is happening here is his conscience is getting the best of him and he has seen, done and heard many things in Iraq and this is a manifestation of his 2 tours in Iraq, so basically he is over the killing, violence and chaos.

In the heat of passionate beliefs everything comes out, sometimes it makes sense on one hand, but on the other totally contradicts the original statement.

I think that this video is a wonderful message for everyone to be able to see the entire picture and your comment is a very valid point. Thanks for bringing it up.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

On the Marine's message, would it be fair if the people that he killed during War and the one's that were unarmed were all danger to him and his fellow marines? I can certainly see him shooting down the armed opponent. However do you think for a change that any of his bullets might have killed someone innocent who was not armed but only living in the vicinity? Maybe he knows or maybe he doesn't know if any of his bullets fired from his gun didn't kill any innocent child or adult alike in Iraq or Afghanistan. Even if he did knew about it, it would be justified as Marines Simply Following Orders. Do you for one think that all the bullets fired in a War is based on Orders and not on provocation or vulgarity? hmmmmmm

I think that this video is a wonderful message for everyone to be able to see the entire picture and your comment is a very valid point. Thanks for bringing it up.

Not a problem. My point is that we have to be true to our own conscience and be realistic about any issues. We have to look at ourselves and truely understand the situation on hand before we point the finger to blame someone else.

To be honest, there was another thread about the 2 year old Chinese girl who was runover by 2 vehicles and the video clip that surfaced on the internet and today on the MSM.

I listen to the radio and watch local television and listen and see about the horrific crimes committed right in our own backyard such as microwaving pets or babies or simply dumping them in the garbage can or dumpster. However none of the acts were caught on videotape for it to be publicized the way the Chinese Video clip has been since the last few days.

Similarly there are countless clips either made purposely or leaked out on the internet about the human rights violation and/or the war crimes committed by military around the world. How do we justify their actions? They're still in Uniform. Generally they are disregarded as side affect of being in a War Zone too long and the charges are merged and so the sentencing is less severe.

I am assuming that the police face similar situation in a city that never sleeps like NYC where traffic, crime and hate is a day to day ordeal but even they lose it too since they're not as disciplined as the Military. Certainly it only makes it that much harder for them to supress their anger and frustration against their morals and belief system. They are much more prone to law suits and watch each and every single action(s) in NYC. In comparison, the Military Soldiers are not prone to extensive lawsuits or face civil liabilities based upon their actions (generally overseas) since they are licensed to kill and possibly get away with several actions (justified or unjustified) during a War though there are several misfit soldiers too and several war crimes go unreported.
edit on 18-10-2011 by hp1229 because: grammer

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

The joke is on you my friend, that is a dude!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Wait, the person in question spit in the face of a police officer?

That's solid grounds for an ass kicking if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by Advantage

Wait, the person in question spit in the face of a police officer?

That's solid grounds for an ass kicking if you ask me.

If this person did in fact spit on the officer, in many states this is considered "Battery" and said person could be charged with anything from a high misdemeanor to a felony.

Police officers are taught to use reasonable force, so that will come into play with all the footage before hand.

When a story is told we must hear and see the beginning, middle and end, to make sound judgments.
edit on 18-10-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
all the " this guy in not even a marine where is the proof " people have gone awfully quiet today don't ya think

all you so called ex marines on here wanna stand up and be counted yourselfs

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Fair enough.

It's a personal reaction to me.

If someone spit on me they'd lose their teeth very fast.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson
that last video, that white shirt officer is simply an embarassment to the human race. Thats a women, i dont care if she was threatening your life, she is half his weight and he has infinity more training in hand to hand combat. What a selfish evil little gutless #. I know its quit tense at occupy movements, but no reason for him to just snap at her like that. Even if she did spit on him.

He's a little boy wearing a badge and holding a gun... what bad could come of it?

It's exactly THIS kind of PATHETIC individual (the pig, not the poster) that I am going to devote the remainder of my short life in fighting against. They've taken the law into their own hands; it's time we took it back from them.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
A new, 10 minute interview with Sgt Shamar Thomas.

Very good.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Blupblup great interview and he makes some valid points about the state of affairs foreign and domestic.

Thanks for posting this vid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join