It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Templars

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Yeah, i know, we're baaaad sometimes.

I'm picturing the Soup-Nazi from Seinfeld(TM);

"No posts for you . . . for one year!!!"

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by LTD602
Yeah, i know, we're baaaad sometimes.

I'm picturing the Soup-Nazi from Seinfeld(TM);

"No posts for you . . . for one year!!!"

Are you making fun of me? Enough. I'm reporting this topic to a moderator.
Those offences were serious and a negative contribution to the forum

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Uh, no. I was agreeing with you. And I also inlcuded a funny example from Seinfeld (it WAS funny, too) to lighten the air a bit.

Looks like you're not a Seinfeld fan.

[edit on 1-10-2004 by LTD602]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Let's stop the snippiness, people, k?

Discuss the topic, don't attack one another.

Thx.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
What's the public's general opinion about the Templars?
BTW the German Templars resisted trials at Mainz and Trier; did they continue their organization there?

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Understood.

What I'm curious about in particular is the evidence for some of the Templars reestablishing an order of some kind in Scotland.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   

What I'm curious about in particular is the evidence for some of the Templars reestablishing an order of some kind in Scotland.

That's what I wanted to know. It means they continued their organization there. Scotland becomes now the most important part of my investigation

Give me more info please. Please tell me more about this evidence

[edit on 1-10-2004 by AtheiX]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
If they did establish a new "Templary" there, you can bet it was far more secret than before. OR, it could have been very public, but without any Templary associations, which I don't really see happening. This would require research on my part, though.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   

If they did establish a new "Templary" there, you can bet it was far more secret than before. OR, it could have been very public, but without any Templary associations, which I don't really see happening. This would require research on my part, though.

Could you do this?
It's really important for me to oncover the truth
I also feel a little disappointed that Hans-Christian Huf and his people didn't handle it far as I know

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Well, Roman and Geek hsitory is my speciality, not Templar history.

Any eral research would involve an examination of the primary sources that are extant, along with actual Templar scholarship. They can be acquired at any university, provided youre enrolled there, I guess. I know I can get them anytime from the University of Toronto.

I'm not a big fan of using the internet for research, for reasons that are probably clear to you. Still, alot of Universities and Colleges have websites that include ariicles on various subjects, so that's a possibility.

Just some stuff to consider . . .

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Well, Roman and Geek hsitory is my speciality, not Templar history.

I send ADVISOR a request to help me a week or something ago but I didn't receive a reply. I don't know why.
I also posted an announcement at my blog but no one helped me apart from rynaldo82 informing me of ADVISOR's knowledge

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
To the original poster, who associated the Knights Templar with the Priory of Sion, i hate to inform you but the Priory has been proven a hoax, created in the 1950's.... Knights Templar were not a branch of the Priory of Sion.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
AtheiX

Do some research. Whle this thread 'could' be very interesting answering questions doesn't really help people all that much.

Or continue just asking questions-

LTD that was out of line

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PublicGadfly
LTD, that was out of line

Gadfly, don't yoiu find it a tad ironic, you telling folks they are out of line, when you are the POSTER BOY for being out of line?

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
You know a lot of people get into the Templars because of the wrong reasons. They are looking for Gold - to make themselves Rich in an Earthly sense. If this is the case - they will more than likely FAIL. If you are looking to En-Rich yourself with the TRUE TREASURE of *Wisdom & Knowledge* on the other hand - I think that you will be in for an Amazing Trip!

For instance the main crux of the "Priory of Sion" Legend is that Jesus had Children with Mary Magdalene - they were moved to France after the Crucifixion for their protection. Now what is the more Logical Reasoning - All of Europe�s Royal Families are the Progenies of Jesus & Mary - or this is simply an Allegory hinting that eventually as time/history progressed the so-called Aryan Pagan Heathen peoples of Europe went on to form an alliance with Mediterranean/Middle Eastern Jews - which lead to Cross Marriages & Interbreeding of the two peoples as a whole - forming say, I don't know, a new Religion called Christianity/Catholicism along the way!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
Do you have any 'proof' regarding your post or is it an observation?
I can't see how one could observe for thousands of years and be bothered with posting on the Internet, but what do I know?

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween

Originally posted by NetStorm
Templars and banking.....

Is it a coincidence that the flag of the Templars and the flag of Switzerland look so similar?

Lol, no (no disrespect meant, it just gave me a chuckle) but it is more than coincidence that the Swiss guard which supposedly traces its roots to the Knights Templar finds commonality with the Vatican.

I found this on the website below, very interesting read

Did The Templars Form Switzerland?

www.templarhistory.com...

[edit on 2-10-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by pbrez

Originally posted by NetStorm
Templars and banking.....

Is it a coincidence that the flag of the Templars and the flag of Switzerland look so similar?

Sorry Templars used a Red Cross on white background and the Order of st John (Knights of Malta) used a white cross on red background

Sorry but I did not say they were the SAME flag I said.."similar" just because the backgrounds are reversed does not mean they could not have a common point of orgin.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS
Sorry to but in with some bad news for you all but the "Red Cross" was not the ensignia of the Templars, it was the ensignia of "The Crusade."
The Templars ensignia was a pair of black and white triangular banners.

Sorry but this gentleman disagrees with you

"A totally different cross was used by the Templars, at least in Portugal, consisting of the intersection of circumferences, in a pattern full of mystical hidden meanings. This cross can be seen in a number of contemporary chapels, churches and castles as well as in paper documents, ant it is a very often motif in central Portuguese (Beiras) municipal heraldry, usually in red on white.
Ant�nio Martins, 19 February 1998"

flagspot.net...

Though there is this statement regarding the Order of the Temple

I have heard mention (how accurate, I don't know) of a cross like the St. George's cross, but with the upper two quarters black rather than white. Whether it was ever turned into a flag, or for that matter if it was ever truly used by the templars, I don't know.
James Dignan, 2 May 1997, 24 April 2004

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Ha, Ha, Ha - Public Gadfly talking about Proof - now that is funny!!!

Yes I have Proof - All I have to do is look at myself in the Mirror & look at my Family.

Let me ask you a question Gadfly - do you believe that the
"Kingdom of Heaven" that Jesus spoke of is only available to Jews (a.k.a. Israel/Judah) that Convert to Christianity - or is it available to ANYBODY of any RACE or Religion or Nationality who Converts & acknowledges Christ?

Is it available to ANYONE who lives Life Responsibly & with Love in their Heart?

You know a lot of people Call themselves "Christians" and simultaneously Speak & Behave in the most Vile manner. Obviously these are
Not Real Christians even though they purport to be.

Some won't even hesitate to call Masons "Satanists" - Gadfly - ah that word PROOF is interesting, no?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join