It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh endorses Ron Paul's restore America plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Rush endorses Ron Paul today, wow this is big news. I think Rush is an idiot, but maybe some of his listeners might wake up and research Paul for themselves.

edit on 17/10/11 by xstealth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I really do not like Rush.
I love Ron Paul.
This was his reaction when he heard the news.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Yep, it's official. Rush Limbaugh agreeing with Ron Paul's plan? It's time...for the apocalypse.
Sec.Ond.Li.Ne.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

wow....interesting.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Hey OP, did you even listen to your own clip? Rush did not endorse Ron Paul, he merely said that Ron Paul had a good idea. As a Rush listener for years, I can assure you that Rush is far too Republican to ever endorse a libertarian candidate, especially one like Ron Paul because of his foreign policy. Every single conservative talking head on TV and radio have said the same thing, and that is that they all love pretty much everything about Ron Paul, but Ron Paul losses them with foreign policy. I'm guessing Rush will eventually endorse Herman Cain.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Very interesting.

I love how Rush is attempting to basically take credit for Ron Pauls plan, as though it's okay now that he supports Dr. Paul because Dr. Paul is finally listening to what Rush has been saying....riiiight.

Give me a break, Rush. Be a man. Admit that maybe you were wrong about all the lies you've helped propagate about Ron Paul with all the times you have not taken him seriously.

Heck, as others have said, at least more people may be willing to listen to Ron now that the almighty Rush has donned it okay.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OblivionGate

He agreed and then marginalized Ron Paul by stating these are not his ideas. Duh! Of course they are not his ideas, but if he is the only one advocating it, then it is his idea.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
No, what Rush did was *way* better than just making an outright endorsement. After years of spewing venom towards Ron Paul, Rush Limbaugh actually said on air that the Restore America Plan is a good idea. What that's going to do is people are going to start looking for that plan, then they will read it.

Just the mere mention of Ron Paul on Rush's show is going to gain him new supporters.

I'm sure Rush is just gonna blame it on the oxycontin tomorrow, though.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Absolutely. I like how he tried to take credit for it, too. But you have to admit, with the way he's always cutting down RP, I was shocked out of my shorts to hear him say something even remotely positive about Ron Paul.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I think Rush is a lethargic devil, not a big fan of Ron.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Hey OP, did you even listen to your own clip? Rush did not endorse Ron Paul, he merely said that Ron Paul had a good idea. As a Rush listener for years, I can assure you that Rush is far too Republican to ever endorse a libertarian candidate, especially one like Ron Paul because of his foreign policy. Every single conservative talking head on TV and radio have said the same thing, and that is that they all love pretty much everything about Ron Paul, but Ron Paul losses them with foreign policy. I'm guessing Rush will eventually endorse Herman Cain.

Maybe people are starting to realize, the economy is more important then foreign policy.

If we don't get our economy under control we won't have any power left to dictate or work with foreign nations.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I support Doctor Ron Paul for president. Ron Paul actually has a plan, a working, reality plan. Read all about Ron Paul's Plan to Restore America.

RON PAUL “PLAN TO RESTORE AMERICA”

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
lol ron pauls plan is briliant period

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I really dont see how Dr. Paul's foreign policy is all that bad. He is basically just saying that we shouldnt poke our noses into other peoples business all the time because when we do their are consequences to our actions. Its actually pretty basic to be honest. You cant expect to tell other people what to do and have them just take it. If so, you have the mindset of a bully. Instead of being a bully we need to be the cool kid thats in the back of the class that knows it all but just doesnt give a flying you know what about the drama that is going on in the world.

If the far right is so worried about Israel defending themselves then they need to seriously step back and take a look at how well they have managed up to this point. Israel has had multiple countries attack it at once and they kicked their arses and gained territory (i.e., spoils of war) in doing so. The United States meddles to much in Middle Eastern policy when we dont even live there. Everything we do either pisses off the Arabs or the Israelis. Just let them fight it out instead of sending our people to do so.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Ron Paul is not a libertarian. He is a republican. Rush will eventually endorse Romney if he can stop bad mouthing Obama long enough to endorse anyone. Rush is a clown, the sheep moved on to Beck a long time ago.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Hey OP, did you even listen to your own clip? Rush did not endorse Ron Paul, he merely said that Ron Paul had a good idea. As a Rush listener for years, I can assure you that Rush is far too Republican to ever endorse a libertarian candidate.....

Rush would like to see a certain sort of revival in the republican party toward some traditional, now considered libertarian or Tea Party platforms. Rush knows that many will be disappointed in MR in the years to come if he gets elected. Rush is at heart a classical "liberal".....the constitutional sort...early american sort. He hates the modern day european import type liberals so badly that he seems to respond by shining big money shoes sometimes but its simply an opposite pole position.

Just my not so humble at all opinion.

new topics

top topics

join