· Eye-witnesses: There are at least two dozen eye-witness accounts of Crop Circles forming. All described similar events; an invisible force coming
out of nowhere in otherwise calm conditions and spinning the crops down within seconds, usually with surprising violence - yet little damage is found
in the laid crop. Tornado-like funnels, light phenomena and high-pitched whistling sounds have also been reported.
· Quick on the draw: In July 1996, a 915 ft spiral of 151 circles appeared in full view of the busy A303 road, opposite England’s ancient monument
Stonehenge, within a 45 minute period one Sunday afternoon. A pilot, gamekeeper and security guard confirmed it had not been there before 5.30pm yet
shortly after 6.00pm, the massive formation was spotted. Much smaller man-made designs have taken several hours to complete.
· How many appear: Approximately 250 crop designs around the world appear each year. Several thousand have been documented.
· Where they appear: They appear in the summer months on almost every continent and in over 70 countries worldwide -- including England, the U.S.,
Canada, Australia, Brazil, Russia, India, Germany, and South Africa. There seems to be a correlation between the location of Crop Circles and ancient
· What crops they appear in: Any crop can be a potential target for the phenomenon: wheat, barley and oilseed rape (canola). They have also been
reported in rye, oats, flax, peas, potatoes, sweet corn, maize and several other media, including sand, snow and rice paddy fields in Japan.
· Physical changes in the plants or soil: Not only does the physical appearance of crops seem to change, but there are changes at the molecular level.
Research and laboratory testing has been conducted over a ten-year period by the biophysicist Dr. Levengood, Nancy Talbott, and John Burks, of BLT
· Geophysical features: Many of the crop formations occur over underground aquifers and above chalk beds. Water is a good conductor of electricity and
could be channeling electromagnetic currents of the Earth. This observation may be a key to how some Crop Circles are formed.
· Crop patterns: Many formations have complex woven patterns of swirled crops. Not only do the plants in formations swirl clockwise or
counter-clockwise, but sometimes certain sections will swirl in one direction and layers on top are going another. They sometimes have multiple layers
swirled in different directions.
· Sacred geometry: There are mathematical ratios, (i.e., Pi) sometimes referred to as “sacred geometry,” which govern the growth process of all
organic matter. Researchers have discovered interleaved layers of information within Crop Circles that not only incorporate a sophisticated degree of
mathematical complexity, but mirror the specific ratios that are the blueprint of life. The Intelligence embedded in Crop Circles demonstrates that
the formations are not random events.
· Longest crop formation: At Etchilhampton, Wiltshire, in 1996, a chain of circles and pathways approximately 4100 ft long crossed from one end of a
field to another.
· Most circles in one formation: The record is currently held by a motif at Windmill Hill, Wiltshire, in 1999 -- 288 small circles made up a cross
design held within a standing square.
· Most-visited formation: Stonehenge, 1996 -- it is estimated around 10,000 people entered this formation which was very visible next to this major
Whether crop formations are navigational points, encoded ancient or future technologies, warnings or simply messages of greeting, their stunning
beauty and mysterious manifestation continues to spark worldwide controversy.
Hopefully this can act as a reference for some of the questiong members may have about crop circles.
Feel free to add any additional information.