It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nader, Ron Paul and Kucinich speak to Occupy Wall Street

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
My three favorite politicians: a Republican, Democrat, and Independent show what true tri-partianship really means. We are being taught to fight against each other when really it doesn't matter if you are right, left, center or radical we are all being taken for a ride. The establishment duopoly has been a cancer in our society that has suckered us all into to looking for differences rather than seeing our similarities. We don't have to agree on every issue, but one issue we all agree on is: government is dysfunctional and corrupt, and we need real change. Together we can make a difference. Lets start by eliminating the FED and ending all lobbying, corporate and union.

:
edit on 17-10-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

I would love to believe some of that, but a politician said it. Looks like they've decided to cash in on OWS too, and tell some lies to get their support as well.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
We are going to start to see who will stand up and fight against the corrupt government...it will only take a few for the many to get in line behind them..

Do not be afraid of change to change is to evolve and we must evolve to survive
edit on 17-10-2011 by dc4lifeskater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

I understand your cynicism and you are probably 99% right. There is however that 1% left over that speak from the heart. We can take nothing for granted when it comes to power, that's why it's important to do your research. I say be wary, but keep an open mind.

Be safe.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

Looks like they've decided to cash in on OWS too, and tell some lies to get their support as well.

You're taking the thread title / video title a bit too literally. I don't see any direct acknowledgement relating to OWS nor any kind of endorsement. There are parallels in ideals, but the actual talking points are basically stitched together only to seem relevant to the current situation - some of these clips are several years old.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
great video! thanks for sharing! some really good points..

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

I'm simply following the rules here by putting the title of the video. Whether OWS is relevant or not to the discussion at hand, what is said in the video and the fact that it's three different politicians from different parties saying it brings me some hope.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The problem is not that there are no politicians in the 99%. It's that there are too danged *few* politicians in the 99%.

There *should* be more, and not pretending, either. Really wanting to enact positive reform and not just pandering for votes.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChewingonmushroomsI'm simply following the rules here by putting the title of the video.

Not accusing you of anything. I'm aware you were simply using the video title. I just needed to clear that up before this thread ended up turning into that other one involving Chinese troops.

Originally posted by ChewingonmushroomsWhether OWS is relevant or not to the discussion at hand, what is said in the video and the fact that it's three different politicians from different parties saying it brings me some hope.

No disagreements here

new topics

top topics

join