It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN wants 13 month calendar, and to replace the 10 commandments with The Earth Charter.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Just found this reported on Surfing The Apocalypse.
www.surfingtheapocalypse.net...

It refers to this news article, that can be found at Canada Free Press.com.
www.torontofreepress.com...

Basically the UN is wanting to change from the Gregorian calendar with 12 months. To the Thirteen Moon "Natural Time" Calendar, with 13 months. Each of the months in this calendar, would consist of 28 days.

What I learned today. Did you know that there are already 13 Zodiac signs? I didn't, look here:

www.geocities.com...

Then I read a post on another website, where a person calims they have a book with 14 Zodiac signs. Does anybody know how many total zodiac signs there actually are?

What are your thoughts on these proposed reforms, being made by the UN? Do any of you think this is moe NWO positioning?

Tom Sawyer

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I dont know what to make of this to be honest, im more confused then anything really
I am going to read this again to understand the whole picture.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
is this true or a lie??? is it fact or just conspiracy with no proof??

if this is true there is mention of times and laws in the bible about the beast..who will do exactly what your saying the UN wants to do...change or try to change the times and the laws.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I hope we get rid of this gawdawful system we have. I get so confused with it, even after almost 29 years using it!!!! If they switch...

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Didn't they already do this on the Simpsons?

Damn Smarch weather!

SpiderJSimpson

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TomSawyer

What I learned today. Did you know that there are already 13 Zodiac signs? I didn't, look here:

www.geocities.com...

From that site:

"Ophiuchus is often mistakenly called the 'thirteenth sign of the zodiac' because the sign is thought of as an additional sign to the the twelve Tropical or Sidereal signs.

In fact, Ophiuchus is a Sun-sign in the Real Solar Zodiac, i.e. the Sun can be seen against the stars of Ophiuchus between 30th November and 17th December each year."

I guess you must have missed that part

If i remember right I think there's a video out there, that deals with this subject. I think NWOkiller included it in his zip file of video's/audio clips/text files...

I'm pretty sure it's called "indoctrinating our youth in earth worship"...it deals with the UN's plan on changing a lot of ideas that we have today, including those on religion, etc.

[edit on 30-8-2004 by anjeeeee]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The UN is the most corrupt organization in the entire world. The only reason the US is involved with the UN is because without them we wouldn't get any money from the IMF or World Bank.

If the UN tried something like this, it could only be done in their organization or a new government like Iraq.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm sure all of our computer systems would react wonderfully to the addition of an extra month and shortening of months to 28 days. This is a headache no one will adopt even if it is a real proposal (which I have no idea if it is or not).

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THEM?!?
HAVE THEY GONE TOTALLY RETARDED?!? WTF IS UP WITH THIS!! THE U.N. HAS TO MESS EVERYTHING UP!! Just hope they dont change it.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The word month comes from 'moonth', meaning the complete cycle of the phases of the moon which is approximately 28 days. Actually, I'd like to see this put in effect as a way to reconnect with the natural 'old world' system.

Regarding the Zodiac, I have read of the 13th sign before... it makes me wonder just how much we have changed the systems of time keeping over the last 2 millenia. The Zodiac really is a clock with the star systems as hours and each hour being over 2,000 years long. Because of precession. a new star system, like Aries or Pisces is in place above the rising sun for that long before being replaced with the next.

Ain't it great that most of us will (hopefully) be alive to see the actual 'dawning of the age of Aquarius' in 2012? (At which time we'll all meld minds and become one with the multiple universes and the Father of Light, finally being free of that poser jealous god...er...never mind)

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I've been doing more research on all of this, throughout the day. I'm not ready to post on my findings yet, but if you want to see some of what I found. Perform a Googlle search on Thirteen Moon "Natural Time" Calendar. Alot of interesting reading to get through here. I wouldn't mind some help, hint hint.

So far I haven't been able to figure out, why Canada Free Press is doing a story on this right now. With the exception of one website that said, their goal was to have this implemented by the UN by July 25th, 2004.

Here is one interesting link on calanders;
www.fact-index.com...

A lunar calendar is synchronized to the motion of the Moon (moon phases); an example is the Islamic calendar.

A solar calendar is based on perceived seasonal changes synchronized to the motion of the Sun; an example is the Persian calendar.

A lunisolar calendar is synchronized to the motions of both the Moon and the Sun; an example is the Jewish calendar.

There are even websites that offer horoscopes on the 13 month calander, and others where you can buy 13 month calanders etc.. So my impressions far, is that this is in fact real. It is based on the Mayan calendar, from what I understand so far.

I will post again tomorrow, trying to get to bed right now, 'til then,
Tom Sawyer

df1

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Look at the billions of dollars that were spent on software maintenance for y2k and just imagine the how much more expensive it will be to for the M13 conversion. If you want to do business with the government, you must be M13 compliant. Of course the government will be the last to be compliant, but why quibble with a great idea.

Lets do it...

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   
All i can say is that im more confused then ever now

*reads over all information again*

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I think the origin of this story is the information in this site.

World Summit on Peace and Time

They say that

Whereas the League of Nations proposed such reform to be effective January 1, 1933, and again January 1, 1939, both of which efforts were inconclusive;

but I only found references that in September the 16th 1937

The Council decides not to continue consideration of the question of calendar reform.

The United Nations also did not wanted to change the calendar in 1956, so its not the United Nations who is thinking of changing the calendar but this "World Summit on Peace and Time", that is not related to the United Nations and that reached this decision:

we, the delegates of the World Summit on Peace and Time, on behalf of all the people�s of the Earth regardless of race, creed or religious belief, and on behalf of the biosphere, the terrestrial life support system, in order to assure peace, freedom, equality, justice and a new beginning in a new time, do hereby abrogate the use of the Gregorian Calendar, and authorize its immediate replacement as the common world standard, the biologically accurate measure of the perpetual, 28-day thirteen moon calendar, henceforth known as the Calendar of Peace.

So, this is, probably, just a group of people who think that what they want, the World wild do, gladly.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimbolux1
The UN is the most corrupt organization in the entire world.

not true, the most corrupt organisation in the world is the EU

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Yeah, I'm sure all of our computer systems would react wonderfully to the addition of an extra month and shortening of months to 28 days. This is a headache no one will adopt even if it is a real proposal (which I have no idea if it is or not).

Yep...about a snowball's chance in hell.... Can't believe the name of the previous calendar (28 days a month) is right on the tip of my brain...the one in use at the time of Nostrodamus....damn...what the hell was the name of it again???

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Changing the calendar would be bit impractical, but I've sometimes pondered whether it would be a good idea to scrap timezones.

These days we are always converting them, counting forward and backwards. We never know if internet post dates are in our time or theirs...

What if we stuck with one time-zone? Say we kept GMT. Europe would work to similar times as they do now 9-5 workdays etc. America would do the evening shift 4 till midnight etc. Ok there'd be a bit of confusion over the new "time" for a while, but people would still sleep and night and work in the day. These days we communicate with people around the world far more often then we actually travel.

It's not like there's anything intrinsic about the number 7 for example that denotes it as time for setting alarm clocks to.

is it such a daft idea? (not supporting any NWO chicanery btw, but wouldn't mind living to see a totally new time/date system.)

[edit on 31/8/04 by muppet]

[edit on 31/8/04 by muppet]

Odd

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Basically the UN is wanting to change from the Gregorian calendar with 12 months. To the Thirteen Moon "Natural Time" Calendar, with 13 months. Each of the months in this calendar, would consist of 28 days.

Franceuary? Kofitember? Moneylaunderingtober?

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Yep...about a snowball's chance in hell.... Can't believe the name of the previous calendar (28 days a month) is right on the tip of my brain...the one in use at the time of Nostrodamus....damn...what the hell was the name of it again???
Julian

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join