It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas students taught to recite Mexican pledge of allegiance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

In the name of educating students about a foreign culture, a teacher in McAllen, Tex., required students in her intermediate Spanish class to memorize and individually recite the Mexican national anthem and pledge of allegiance — but one student objected, catching the attention of the school district and The Blaze, which reported the story this morning.

Wait what is this?

Millions of legal Americans students are not allowed to say our pledge of allegiance so what is the deal in Texas?

Fifteen-year-old Brenda Brinsdon refused to complete the assignment and, instead, complained to the teacher, principal and, eventually, with the help of her father, William, the school district superintendent. The response of the teacher? Reyna Santos explained that she grew up in Mexico and loved the country. The response of the principal? Yvette Cavazo told Brinsdon it was part of the curriculum and she should participate. The response of the school district superintendent? School district spokesman Mark May told The Blaze the assignment was no different than memorizing a poem or a passage of Shakespeare.

hotair.com...

This is an old debate that many have had and their argument was they are being forced to now if the pledge of allegiance shouldn't be allowed then no others should be allowed and the teachers excuse?

It's no different than reading a poem!

Typical double standards she says she loves her home country that's fine then what is she doing living and teaching here?

I have major problems with this this is America not Mexico.
edit on 17-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I clicked on your thread ready to defend the teacher but after getting the details, I can't really defend her. I'm all about studying other cultures and languages and even celebrating them (as we are a mixture of the world in the US) but why actually perform the act of pledging your own allegiance? Learning about it could have been just as easily accomplished by writing reports on the meaning of it.

It's akin to making an atheist pray the Lord's Prayer in a theology class.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The student should be allowed to memorize the US pledge of allegiance in spanish for the class instead of the mexican pledge of allegiance.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This is already being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Crap

Close Thread.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The US was never created to be a "melting pot" of nations. The founding fathers in the preamble of the constitution penned the following line :

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

..."ourselves and our Posterity"..

The US was founded by European men, and they are speaking themselves of their children, not of other cultures and races. This may not be politically correct BUT it is accurate.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Somebody should tell this teacher that treason is a hanging offense.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Obviously not many in this thread have taken a foreign language in school (I thought it was a requirement in all highschools at least). The first year, the Pledge or National Anthem of a country the language is spoken, is taught. Unwad your panties boys.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
lol had i been in that class, i'd be saying the AMERICAN PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, and I'd say it loud enough to drown out everyone else.

Wanna say the Mexican one? Go to Mexico!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Obviously not many in this thread have taken a foreign language in school (I thought it was a requirement in all highschools at least). The first year, the Pledge or National Anthem of a country the language is spoken, is taught. Unwad your panties boys.

I went to Jr. high school in the 80's. I had to take an elective and the only one left available that I could take was Spanish. It was forced on me and I protested. My parents protested. I had no desire to learn another language nor any need. This should be a choice not a requirement. I made one A in that class and it was the day we had to bring in a Spanish food dish we cooked ourselves. Cook was something I could do. Everyday with my parents blessing I slept in that class. The school and teacher did not try to force me to learn the Spanish and let me sleep. They knew I was exercising my right as an intelligent human who could make up his own mind what was good for him. I am very proud of failing that class.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

I too have taken spanish in high school and never did we have to recite the pledge of allegiance to another country, I wouldn't doubt that this is a indoctrination tactic to help foster the north american union that the elite ghouls that occupy the us gov't desire.

I would never recite a foreign pledge, ever.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SecondAmendmentUser

I took french in HS, I had to learn the french national anthem.

new topics

top topics

join