It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outcry in China over hit-and-run toddler left in street

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Outcry in China over hit-and-run toddler left in street

www.bbc.co.uk

Chinese media and internet users have voiced shock at a hit-and-run incident involving a two-year-old child left injured in the road as passers-by ignored her.

The toddler was hit by a van on Thursday in the city of Foshan.

After the van sped off, several pedestrians and vehicles passed the girl without stopping. Several minutes later she was hit by another vehicle.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I haven't actually watched this myself, as I think it's too horrible.

However it's not the actual accident (which is tragic) but the response of passers-by that is equally disgusting.

What can be said of a society that acts like that when a toddler is injured.

Anyway, here's the vid:

God bless this little girl and her family, and God help the souls of those who walked passed and did nothing.

All the best Kiwi.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I also can't watch this.

I'm pretty desensitized to most anything nowadays but one thing I cannot stomach is seeing children get hurt.

Can someone just tell me if she is ok? I feel some rage mixed with sadness just reading the headline, I cannot watch the video.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
allready posted
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

I believe she is brain dead I'm afraid. So sad!

There have been a few cases like this in China, and the people assisting have been either blamed or even made to pay medical costs.

IMO that is neither here nor there, it's a child for goodness sake.

Is this what humanity has come too?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
allready posted
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks, I'm getting a bit sick of the ATS search function.

You do it and nothing comes up, grrrrrrr.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

This just shows what our world is turning into, 18 people walked by. 1 thing i will say about our way of life in the west is that out of everything that i hate, at least "life" holds a value to us all and we all realise how important it is. I honestly do not think that if this was a western country, no one would have walked by and left her there like that!.

This says alot about the ethics and morals of the people that live there, i wonder how they would have felt if it was their daughter?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by brommas
reply to post by kiwifoot

This just shows what our world is turning into, 18 people walked by. 1 thing i will say about our way of life in the west is that out of everything that i hate, at least "life" holds a value to us all and we all realise how important it is. I honestly do not think that if this was a western country, no one would have walked by and left her there like that!.

This says alot about the ethics and morals of the people that live there, i wonder how they would have felt if it was their daughter?

this happens in america all the time, sadly..

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
i have commented in other threads regarding this incident, so i wont keep repeating myself.

protest, never ever buy a chinese meal again, destroy their economy and they will be left begging for mercy, our response, hit with a bus load of nukes

forgot to add , before we did anything like that , save the women and children from their evil country first then nuke 'em!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I am unable to watch video on my phone, but was this filmed by someone or was it captured on a security camera? It is one thing to walk past the child. A whole 'nother thing to stand there and film it. But, if this video will help change the laws over there so people will become more apt to help one another....I feel so bad for the little girl.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I think everyone who walked by without assisting should be prosecuted. I don't know if this is a legal possibility in China but it seems very reasonable to me. This story makes me sick.

I cannot imagine the kind of person who could see a little girl or boy injured and alone and not help them.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
the fact there is an outcry in china shows not all people in china are heartless and just as angered as any of us.
the video showing the american man is misleading, i am certain the woman on the sidewalk reaches for her phone to call for help and a car stops and a man gets out after about one minute.

so there are people out there who would help in these situations. the dissapointing thing is there are also alot of people who can not be bothered to stop, they are to busy and it is not their problem, they have had all their humanity sucked out of them by the machine of work, work, consume, consume, be selfish, treat yourself etc etc.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Theres lots of scammers in China, pretending to be hurt and then claiming the people that helped them were the ones who injured them.

On a related note, my friend did CPR on a woman and revived her, she was then left on a hospital bed for hours and died, the hospital tried to blame him for it and he had to go to court, thats why people dont help.

I can understand people not helping if they didnt see it but the 2 who ran her over should be sent to a prison for a long time.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I refuse to watch this clip whenever I have seen it in the last few days. Just reading the account of what happened makes me feel sick to be honest. Its almost beyond my comprehension that people can be this indifferent towards each other 'especially an innocent child'. Shame on the lot of them. If they have any shred of conscience left at all I hope it eats away at them and keeps them awake at night. I also hope the Chinese authorities hang the drivers of the two vehicles.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
If you think that video is messed up, check out this one. This guy was laying there for "over an hour" and the way the people react to him is 100x times worse. Where is the outcry here? Oh right, it's just a homeless man, who cares.

edit on 17-10-2011 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
I also can't watch this.

Why? They edited out the impact anyways.

I don't really understand why this is big news, at least outside of China. This stuff happens all the time. The only people to blame are those who wouldn't help out the victim, but honestly, watching only a minute-long video of people not helping isn't very convincing to me.

I've seen accidents happen before and most people are shocked and useless to do anything but watch to see if the situation gets worse before it gets better.
edit on 17-10-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
My heart is aching for the baby girl, no matter the situation i feel as just a friend is necessary. to take the time to just give her some words of comfort. so disappointing to see this goes on in our modern world. hopefully this does bring about some monumental change. i can see from the perspective of the folks that just walked by, not only is china one of the most undercover operations. but i feel that many people "disappear" with or without reason there. survival of the fittest, isn't that natures true model? Basically i think if we all do kind things maybe it will have a ripple effect throughout the world. wish i could have saved her, where are super powers when you need them. sometimes i see how twisted it all is, seems there is no solution. well ill sincerely try all my life to be there for you. i know what it feels like to feel alone wishing that just one soul would take the time to console you.
the good die young is what they say. love you baby girl in china, u did no crime.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by technologicalsingularity
i have commented in other threads regarding this incident, so i wont keep repeating myself.

protest, never ever buy a chinese meal again, destroy their economy and they will be left begging for mercy, our response, hit with a bus load of nukes

forgot to add , before we did anything like that , save the women and children from their evil country first then nuke 'em!!!!!!!!!

Yes! This will show them we have a better grasp of love and compassion than they do.

Increasing suffering always brings out the best in Man.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I could have lived the rest of my life without seeing that... Now I will live the rest of my life completely unable to forget it.

It's like no one even knew the child was there, before and after.

How could they not have seen what was right there in plain sight?

I'm not usually an emotional person, but this pushed me to tears.

There are no more words for this.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I saw this over on Liveleak a couple days ago and it was absolutely horrific. Those people walking by are not human, they are robots that have been programmed with a horrible mindset and moral system, they are NOT our equals. That's someones daughter for god sake, she could be yours or mine. Truly barbaric behavior.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join