It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spend $6.6 million dollars a minute, what would you spend it on? That is what Obama spends!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Sorrry, I respectfully disagree with you. Nothing personal, but the way you explain this, you are stating for the most part that Obama has nothing to do with this. Sorry, nothing he CAN do about this, and I must disagree completely.

When you are in charge of putting things into action, you are in charge of the actions already at hand. Hence, you are able to change it if you can change everything else. (barring approval, I know). But there are MANY ways us here on ATS come up with great ideas on how to spend less or make more and nobody in D.C. seems to care about changing anything!!! As long as they get their government retirement plan (WHICH IS TOTAL BS) and have the power of the "little people" eating out of their palms, they are happy!!
edit on 10/17/2011 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

"Major Kong" Obama on the economy is my version.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

I never said that he has nothing to do with the debt dear, I said that he so far has added 3 trillion of new debt since he's been president.

To understand why a president spend the way he spends you have to understand that he needs a congress to approve that spending, also you need to understand how the nations economy works.

I can never imagine spending 6.6 million dollars a minute and neither having a debt of 16 trillion of dollars because I don't run a nation an never will, but I understand how government spend, I understand economics and I can pretty much see why a president will spend that much money to run a nation a minute.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Good old Slim Pickens. I remember that movie from when I was a kid. That scene always stuck in my head. I assume that was the point.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

You have a good point, but yet again. If you take 1% of that money a minute, even 1/1000th of that money a minute, are you telling me that you couldn't devise a business idea or something to create some kind of revenue to offset some of this debt? Once you do it once, you repeat until you are worth trillions of dollars and can pay off the debt from business and afterwards, you can sell the companies if you would like, but in the meantime you created JOBS, REVENUE, and got rid of the national debt and become an AMERICAN HERO in the process!!

This seems much easier in my eyes, being that there is money there to be had....If you are rich, you are better off to be able to make tons of money!! Not saying the USA is rich by ANY means, but there is money to be had, why not use it to make money?? We are just dumping it down the toilet and making our financial woes much worse!!
edit on 10/17/2011 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Remember that the money spend is already tag to a government budget, that money goes to pay for Medicare, SS, Medicaid, government retirements, to fund projects, to keep the military and to pay for salaries, after all US government is actually the biggest employer of the nation.

That is why cuts to the budget comes with a price, should US gets into austerity? like in Greece, will the people go with pay cuts, give away their retirements or give away their SS?.

Think about that.

Our government have a big problem, is a big nation with a big budget.

When the government needs money they either appropriate the funds or print new money and raise the national debt.

In order to sustain the nations growing needs the debt will keep increasing. Only austerity worst than in Greece will help fix the problem.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
double post.

edit on 17-10-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
hmm.. I just need 2 seconds of the government's time...

With $220,000, I could be out of debt (including mortgage), have a nice safety blanket of cash in storage, and be freed up to actually do some good with my monthly income.

Course, that ain't gonna happen, so I'll just continue paying as much extra as I can to try to whittle away the mistakes of my past... in about 15 years, I should be completely debt free.. *shrug* It's amazing that with so much government waste, so much potential is wasted.

well, assuming any of this is still around by then.

edit on 10-17-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Is inflation too high for you? If not why worry, just more money is injected in the system.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
What this report fails to take into account is the $6.6M number is the cost to run the Government a day.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Personally... I would be giving it back to the people in my country that can barely afford to live...

With 6.6 mil a minute i could and would change the world...

Of course i'd likely be shot for trying to do so as well

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join