It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spend $6.6 million dollars a minute, what would you spend it on? That is what Obama spends!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Now I just caught this article as very interesting. Read for yourself and see.

www.foxnews.com...

How does a president actually spend or should I say allow to spend $6.6 million dollars a minute?

What could a normal person do with this kind of money to turn things around?? Just about ANYTHING but what Obama is doing with it!!

I would have to believe there are people smart enough to make good business decisions in the White House....No?? I would use that money to start a bunch of businesses to not only create revenue, but also create jobs in the meantime. Use this money for something to make money, other than just blow it!! How hard could it really be??

Let me know what you think.

Just remember in the upcoming election who to vote for....NOT OBAMA!!!

Go RON PAUL!!!
edit on 10/17/2011 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
Now I just caught this article as very interesting. Read for yourself and see.

www.foxnews.com...

How does a president actually spend or should I say allow to spend $6.6 million dollars a minute?

What could a normal person do with this kind of money to turn things around?? Just about ANYTHING but what Obama is doing with it!!

I would have to believe there are people smart enough to make good business decisions in the White House....No?? I would use that money to start a bunch of businesses to not only create revenue, but also create jobs in the meantime. Use this money for something to make money, other than just blow it!! How hard could it really be

Let me know what you think.

Just remember in the upcoming election who to vote for....NOT OBAMA!!!

Go RON PAUL!!!

After reading the latest threads on ATS about Iran I just need one minute of his time to loan me 6.6 million bucks so I can quickly build an underground shelter.

edit on 17/10/2011 by Flyinghaggis because: rewrite

edit on 17/10/2011 by Flyinghaggis because: rewrite

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Possibly invest in humanitarian and ecologically sound scientific answers to poverty, famine, housing and other worldly ills. If it had to go onto military in any way shape or form, it would be purely defensive.

Also investing in alternative energy sources too - so there'd be no need for any kind of imperialistic oil grabs.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Really...Obama spends it all by himself?

I know...it's all Obama's fault. And yes...let's have Ron Paul slash the most needed services....like education. :shk:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Good answer! Now what are we ACTUALLY doing with it?? Nothing, just blowing it. Here we are 2 regular people (sorry if you aren't I am just assuming) coming up with 2 great ideas with what to spend money on.....What are the people in the White House doing?? Unreal......

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
If I was spending 6.6mil a second, I'd probably turn my thermostat down.

If I could afford to spend that much, I'd hold a contest for the person that can live the farthest away from me physically. Winner would get a couple mil. I'd hold the contest a couple times a day.
edit on 17-10-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Don't beat around the bush.....If you are trying to be an A$$ or defend a point......CAN I AT LEAST HEAR THE POINT??

Yes you are correct, Obama doesn't spend it all himself....But being in charge of that and doing nothing for the good of the people with it, kind of makes him responsible to me.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I have to agree
Alternative energy
Solving the worlds REAL problems such was war, poverty, illness, climate change.

Ironically most of these problems are highly highly profitable to big business.. sigh.
We need to take our governments back, and tell them what the hell we want.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by mr-lizard

Good answer! Now what are we ACTUALLY doing with it?? Nothing, just blowing it. Here we are 2 regular people (sorry if you aren't I am just assuming) coming up with 2 great ideas with what to spend money on.....What are the people in the White House doing?? Unreal......

Yep I'm a regular guy

Indeed - let's not forget politicians need lobbyists for corporate persuasive tactics, status and the like. Sadly (and sickeningly) this money is probably just being filtered into lots of these things but majorly I can see it being leaned towards wars and such.

edit on 17-10-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I would spend it on education. And by education, I mean I'd be stuffing it into the g-strings of the college girls at the local strip club. Just kidding. I would spend it on border security, technology, education (yes, the real education), and maybe giving grants to small businesses who employ U.S. citizens and legal immigrants.

A couple things I wouldn't fund are any more wars, and I'd cut people off welfare after a pre-determined amount of time. Give them something like 4-6 years to get a GED/diploma, and get at least an Associates degree. Then, they'd be done. No more generational welfare. I'd also NOT spend it on banks, corporations, or unions.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

SEE fantastic idea, and guess what?? That plan takes NOWHERE near $6.6 million dollars a minute to achieve!!!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
How would i spend 6.6 million?

Step into my time machine to back when gold was $325 and ounce and buy 6 million worth and just let it sit there til it went up to 2000s and ounce and make a nice tidy profit and pay back the 6 million and live off the rest of it for the rest of my life investing in big oil and big banking some tech stocks like apple and google.

Thats what i would do.
edit on 17-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Perhaps pump the money into something that would bring about a Resource based economy, i dont know what. Or how. But i would find a way

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
So far Obama has spend 3 trillion dollars since he took the presidency, while he has created debt we need to understand that most of the debt and spending was already allocated before his presidency, so the funds has to be utilize no matter what, unless they are appropriated for other projects that congress agree with.

Like the new controversial bailout for jobs, the money could not be printed it was to be appropriated from other projects, congress would never allow that because all the pork attached to those funds.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

If you move in with a guy/girl who has $50,000 a month in bills, and YOU can't afford it living together.....What would you do?? Keep everything running and wait until everything falls apart in your lives because of it, or is taken away (repo man), OR

WOULD YOU FIX YOUR FINANCIAL ISSUES AND FIND A WAY AROUND IT????

I could tell you what "OUR" president does, but you already know the answer......I want your answer now.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The best way I can explain what Obama has done to the economy is best displayed in this video. Bush was driving this vehicle, hell bent on putting it over a cliff. People voted in "change", and then Obama took the wheel. Start the video at 2:00 in and you'll get an idea on what I see.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I would build a solar powered pyramid out of hemp and start my own community on a island far away from the USA

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

With a debt so big is actually unsustainable, US debt is already that big to be sustain, the only reason that we have not defaulted in our debt is that our dollar is linked to our oil.

US will never default on the debt they will just keep making it bigger and bigger, thanks to our ability to print money and our natural resources.

The example you use can not compare to the deficit and running of a nation.

Just like a household you have to balance you budget in order to stay away from bankrupting, but if what you earn is less of what you spend and the debt is bigger is not other way around you will bankrupt.

Our nation have many resources but all of them are in the hand of the private industries.

Obama spending is attach to the nations ability to sustain such a debt.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Buy stuff and either give it away or put it on Ebay/Craigslist. Start a massive public works project. Have a team of the decent consultants to help me know which areas to target. This will help create jobs, get people back to work, and we could have a self-sustaining recovery in 6 months.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Really...Obama spends it all by himself?

I know...it's all Obama's fault. And yes...let's have Ron Paul slash the most needed services....like education. :shk:

o my, how did we edumakate the masses before we had the department of edumakation. I dont know how they did it?
edit on 17-10-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join