It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China: Occupy Wall Street's issues worth thought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Source

BEIJING (AP) -- China's foreign ministry said Monday the Occupy Wall Street movement highlights issues that are worth considering, but that debates generated by the protests should promote global economic growth. The movement began a month ago in Manhattan's Zuccotti Park with loosely organized protests against what demonstrators consider unbridled corporate greed.

I just don't seem to understand how the protest will encourage economic growth. Can someone please enlighten me on this? Perhaps all the local food businesses will boom because of people buying the protesters food, but are those really even local businesses? Or are they just funding the same people supporting the globalists?

I feel like china just wanted to say something
Really i don't know what this guy is talking about, does anyone know?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Their citizens aren't aware or they'd be Occupying Beijing right now and the Chinese wouldn't have a word to say about it.

Tibet's issues are worth thought. Tianamens square protestor's issues were worth thought.

Screw you China.

(But I agree, their issues are worth thought
)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I just don't seem to understand how the protest will encourage economic growth.

Oh wow..you really dont get it.

A society with many unemployed, poor people == poor economy.

To solve the problem of a poor economy, people need to get jobs, just ONE example.

The core problem is the large amount of poor people - the same people who are demonstrating.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by doom27
Source

BEIJING (AP) -- China's foreign ministry said Monday the Occupy Wall Street movement highlights issues that are worth considering, but that debates generated by the protests should promote global economic growth. The movement began a month ago in Manhattan's Zuccotti Park with loosely organized protests against what demonstrators consider unbridled corporate greed.

I just don't seem to understand how the protest will encourage economic growth. Can someone please enlighten me on this? Perhaps all the local food businesses will boom because of people buying the protesters food, but are those really even local businesses? Or are they just funding the same people supporting the globalists?

I feel like china just wanted to say something
Really i don't know what this guy is talking about, does anyone know?

This is a call from China to the USA to keep the conversation in line with free markets and growing the global economy. They are saying they hope that the protests will be taken into consideration within these terms.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

The core problem is the large amount of poor people - the same people who are demonstrating.

Wrong. I have participated in my local Occupy movement. I'm not poor.

Most of the people Occupying my state are middle aged, successful, respected members of society. If you really think it's just "poor people" demonstrating I highly encourage you to get out there and take a peek for yourself.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well played China, But you have the occupymovement right on your doorstep, and they have tonnes more issues as a populace. I think it will catch fire there just as much as it has here, if not more.

Look at rome.. (whoo, that was big)
Spain was enormous too.

WE have to break people from their hypnotized state, to help them realize what is happening, because lots of people dont ever think twice about it..

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Haha, ok now that makes sense, i guess i wasn't thinking outside the box there, or should i say inside the box, its toward the end of the work day here, my mind must be ready for a glass of wine, i was convinced they were saying the protest were good for the global economy, thanks for the enlightenment.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Posted much earlier here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You're all invited... If you dare.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

I just don't seem to understand how the protest will encourage economic growth.

Oh wow..you really dont get it.

A society with many unemployed, poor people == poor economy.

To solve the problem of a poor economy, people need to get jobs, just ONE example.

So taking down corporate America and business that employ thousands .........will stimulate jobs.....

yeah.........that makes sense........

Tell you what, next time a panhandler pays you an hourly wage, you let me know

new topics

top topics

join