It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Time To Occupy The NYPD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It appears that it's time to Occupy the NYPD. There are several examples of how they are brutalizing and intimidating peaceful protesters, and unquestionably backing up the banksters with their obvious abuse of their lawful authority. Perhaps the protesters should Occupy the main NYPD station, and the satellite substations. LAPD has been keeping their cool so far. Maybe the NYPD should take their cue from LA.
I'm surprised that a certain group, which shall remain, let's say, Anonymous, hasn't put them in their proper place yet. Yet..
Is there anything that remotely resembles "Protect and Serve" in any of these examples? ( And by that I mean protecting and serving anyone except the banksters and Bloomburg ). The NYPD has legal authority, but they are quickly trashing their moral authority, that's for sure. They're losing all of the good will from the public that was generated for them by the events of 9/11, and rightfully so.
And before all of you trolls start, my father is a retired police officer, and he once turned-in crooked cops who beat up a prisoner who was already cuffed and restrained.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

The time is NOW.
When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.- Thomas Jefferson

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Hurry, go do that. Let us know how it turns out.
I support you 100% in your efforts. Quick, log out, and get down there. Please!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Keeping the demonstrations peaceful is the key to success this is what is frustrating TPTB and the police.
Keep the demonstrators numbers growing and stay peaceful.
This is why the police are assulting demonstrators, trying to provoke riots.
I think soon the police will have to make a choice what side they are on.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Let's not make this about us vs the cops. Of course there are times when a cop steps over the line and that should be dealt with by the law. Let's not forget though that it is the cops job to protect and uphold the law. With these protests we do not have the right to break the law, whether we agree with all laws or not. If we don't like a law then we need to take action (legally) to change that law. That is part of what all of this is about, isn't it? The majority of those cops would jump into a riot to save someone's life or step in front of a bullet to protect a person that just called them a pig. The cops are not our enemy.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Let's not make this about us vs the cops. Of course there are times when a cop steps over the line and that should be dealt with by the law. Let's not forget though that it is the cops job to protect and uphold the law. With these protests we do not have the right to break the law, whether we agree with all laws or not. If we don't like a law then we need to take action (legally) to change that law. That is part of what all of this is about, isn't it? The majority of those cops would jump into a riot to save someone's life or step in front of a bullet to protect a person that just called them a pig. The cops are not our enemy.

Yes they are, are you delusional? The police will not protect you, and I can't fathom most cops leaping in front of bullets to save you.

Cops only serve and protest the interests of the elite. Not you.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

No, I'm not delusional at all. I actually support OWS. A lot of those cops are friendly but they do have a job to do and people have gone over the line as have some cops. Here's a main point for you though. Make it about us vs cops and you take away from the messages that the movement is supposed to be getting out there.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

reply to post by illuminatislave

No, I'm not delusional at all. I actually support OWS. A lot of those cops are friendly but they do have a job to do and people have gone over the line as have some cops. Here's a main point for you though. Make it about us vs cops and you take away from the messages that the movement is supposed to be getting out there.
And a pretty large chunk of those cops are 'bought' and don't give two #s about the protesters.

Seriously are you delusional? Haven't you heard of NYPD's Paid Detail Program?

www.counterpunch.org...

They don't protect and serve anyone but the CEO's of financial giants.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
At no time did I advocate violence. Peaceful, non-violent demonstration is the only thing I endorse. Leave the violence to the cops, they're doing such a good job with use using brute force already. Every time they are abusive, it only strengthens the case of the protesters. I wonder how they sleep at night. Those are their fellow citizens, after all.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonzoo7
At no time did I advocate violence. Peaceful, non-violent demonstration is the only thing I endorse. Leave the violence to the cops, they're doing such a good job with use using brute force already. Every time they are abusive, it only strengthens the case of the protesters. I wonder how they sleep at night. Those are their fellow citizens, after all.
You make it sound like most of them have souls like normal human beings.

But when a police department does this on a regular basis; www.drudge.com... , then I don't see how anyone can even consider them human.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ArrowsNV

You're being divisive when we need unity.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Well, I'm being as generous as I can....but yes, we should stick together. I would rather the police see the error of their ways, and change. That may be idealistic, but it is possible. I still don't think that our security forces are as brutal as the Chinese, but we did have Kent State. Hopefully that's too ugly of a scenario to contemplate. Hopefully.
edit on 17-10-2011 by moonzoo7 because: Added content

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I love the bit about needing 75K over the next month to keep the site running, in your link.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You're being divisive when we need unity.

The pigs have done plenty to divide people with their pepper sprays and billy clubs.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I don't understand why they just can't let the protesters be. They're not hurting anyone, they're willing to clean up after themselves. The NYPD seems to be operating out of a sense of entitlement, if not outright arrogance.

join