It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Toy Found In Candy Appears To Depict Osama Bin Laden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
MIAMI -- In Miami, a wholesaler has announced that his company will recall 14,000 bags of candy.

The bags contain a toy that looks like a plane flying into a building and, we found, a second toy that looks like Osama Bin Laden suspended between the two buildings.

Eyewitness News broke this story, but, for the first time, we had the chance to speak with a representative from the corporation that distributed the candy.

link to story here, john
www.wftv.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
all of which have reference 9011 stamped on them...

what were the manufacturers of this thinking..?

They'd probably manufacture a Marshmallow RPG given the opportunity...

SPUDZ!

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
It's now blatantly obvious that the maker of that toy has some kind of agenda against the USA. With the first toy, yeah maybe they could have gotten away with it.... But this new toy takes it WAY to far.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I say bomb that candy factory

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This is even crazier than the first. What is with the company that makes those toys anti usa or something ?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Y'know, I WAS willing to consider the whole toy thing one of those strange coincidences. Not now by a longshot.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan
Y'know, I WAS willing to consider the whole toy thing one of those strange coincidences. Not now by a longshot.

I have to agree with that. I was willing to think it was just a mistake with the first toy and that they never meant to make it look like the WTC, but I think its too much of a coincidence now. Someone really screwed up!

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   

These aren't mistakes...

Lisy corporation didn't know, however, L&M were the ones making the toys in China, they said that the toys weren't inappropriate and that they didn't think it was a big deal, saying they consider it just a toy for children

here's what 30,000 + people think about it:

Do you think the toy's resemblance to the 9-11 terror attacks was intentional?

Choice Yes=26526 (88%) No=2657 (9%) Not sure=1000(3%)
Votes Percentage of 30183 Votes

Details

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Nice little www.wftv.com... FLORIDA exclusive before the election.

How many more ambiguous "company defends" and "foreign importers" and "traditional mexican candies" mini updates will we endure between now and the election. And this one is OSAMA!?! But it went unnoticed til the media got the story? Hogwash.

I'm not saying the station is entirely complicit, but I haven't seen the national media buy into this scoop yet.

But I am calling BS on someone. More crap to whip up nationalsim and infuriate the Florida electorate.

Were I a betting man I bet I could tie dark horse and rogue capitalist Neil Bush to this one in fewer degrees of seperation than Iraq and Osama.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
RANT...you have a point there. This did happen in Flordia afterall. Now even I am starting to wonder?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
WHY DON'T WE ALL CALL THE COMPANY L&M IMPORTS....
the number can be found at this link... lets ask them if they know Jeb or any of the bush bunch
you can find the number at this link:

www.smartpages.com... 6M+IMPORTS&QueryType=2&From=&ClearLevel=CityStateDirectory

[edit on 30-8-2004 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I just thought of Neil out of initial disgust though as he's pulled some tricky stuff in Florida selling educational supplies to Jeb with tax payer money.

But I'd hope the Bush family has America's number #1 welfare recipient locked in a basement somewhere sleeping on a pile of S&L bonds by now.

I don't know what happened with this, but please find out. Chinese imports stinks of CIA by the way. Hmmm, how do we get these Osama toys in the hands of Jewish retirees buying candy for their grandchildren this halloween/election season. NY? No wait, make it Florida as it's in play and the hispanics need a push too.

I'm really in a tizzy over everything right now. The media. The stories we get shown. Everything.

My tin foil hat must be blocking the nationalism mind control rays, because I'm not buying anything anymore.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Wow, stick to the topic people, you would think this TV station was a Fox affiliate, but its not!

ABC affiliate.

I did not want this to go political, this is a crime against those who died on 9/11, and I am pissed that these toys are making there way into the states!

john

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I saw this story on my local ABC affiliate last night also. I was shocked and pissed all at the same time. But at no time did I see this political ploy. It's the time of year I guess when people go into political overdrive and the spin doctors get to wagging the dog.

No offense Rant... Take a deep breath and forget about politics for a couple days.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
What if RANT is on to something here? I'm not saying that its true or not, but wouldn't it be worth researching to at least find out if there could be a connection?

The American public has consistently looked over political toying with the people, and some feel the need to question it now. It is a little mysterious that they did come in at Florida afterall. People need to look into things like this...whether true or untrue it should be researched!

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
nothing is taboo when it comes to election time... i personally expect some bombings... anything to get the nationist fury again... as to the toys and if they are a republican ploy... i don't know and don't want to speculate yet... has anyone else called the company that imports these toys. In the articles i read they should be hung on public opinion alone. they said there is nothing to be offended about...just some harmless toys... the only people who can say that are not american and don't care about americans.... time to call and let them know...
L M imports and exports in miami florida...

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
What if RANT is on to something here? I'm not saying that its true or not, but wouldn't it be worth researching to at least find out if there could be a connection?

The American public has consistently looked over political toying with the people, and some feel the need to question it now. It is a little mysterious that they did come in at Florida afterall. People need to look into things like this...whether true or untrue it should be researched!

Explore away... By all means! I'm not against people beating their heads against a wall if that's what they wish to do.

Let's not forget these were manufactured in Mexico. This is the same Mexico that chanted Osama when the US soccer team went there to play the Mexican soccer team.

The conclusion I draw from this is the Mexicans like to poke fun at the US for getting kicked in the groin by Al-Qaida. I don't think these were a special order. I doubt someone here had them made to influence the election. But I wouldn't be surprised if a distributor south of the border is laughing his ass off because he sent those up here for our kids.

EDIT: P.S. They look more like twin Empire state buildings then the WTC.

[edit on 8/30/2004 by phreak_of_nature]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
here's a thought...

how to make a quick few thousand bucks

1.) obtain some 9/11 related plastic toys. these toys probably cost next to nothing to make. lets say you work in the import export business, or alternatively for a candy business. find a cheap plastics manufacturer without any scruples. you could probably fax an order to taiwan or some place and get some toys made up to spec and fedexed to you pretty quick. alternatively you could get a friend to mail you some from some country where they play with these instead of gi joe's, because the real gi joe's are killing their civilians and such toys would be found obscene.

2.) package said toys with some candy for sale in the US. keep a supply of a few hundred or so hidden away.

3.) wait for the public uproar, and....

4.) sell your "hidden stock" on ebay for tens or even hundreds of bucks!

but seriously, i doubt anyone would have the originality to come up with a plan to profit off of 9/11 toys! where would they get the inspiration?

-koji K.

[edit on 30-8-2004 by koji_K]

new topics

top topics

join