It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cloned Coyotes: South Korean Team Lead By Hwang Woo-Suk Claims To Have Cloned Animal For First Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Cloned Coyotes: South Korean Team Lead By Hwang Woo-Suk Claims To Have Cloned Animal For First Time

www.huffingtonpost.com

SEOUL, South Korea -- A South Korean team led by disgraced stem cell scientist Hwang Woo-suk is claiming to have cloned coyotes for the first time.

The Sooam Biotech Research Foundation said Monday that eight coyotes were born in June as part of its efforts to clone various species of animals in cooperation with South Korea's Gyeonggi Province.

The province says it will raise the coyotes but will later donate them to zoos at home and abroad.

Hwang scandalized the international scientific community in 2005 when his breakthrough human cloning research involving embryonic stem cells was
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I would say this is a great breathrough, but there's no doubt in my mind that the science of cloning is way beyond what we're told.

Just makes me think back to wikileaks releasing files saying government agencies are collecting biometric information of various leaders of the world.

Not to mention the missing trillions we never hear about again, from governments around the world.

I bet there's a couple back up Obamas just in case.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Scientists have been cloning since Dolly the sheep. Maybe before then, maybe Dolly was just the first one that was successful enough to publicize.
I just hope they've worked out the kinks, so the animals live a healthy life. Too bad it has to be in a zoo, those coyote pups are so cute.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Title is a bit misleading but that's not your fault. Makes it sound like this is the first animal to EVER be cloned.

Hwang and his former colleagues also created the world's first cloned dog, Snuppy, in 2005, and that achievement was independently confirmed.

Was going to say I don't believe it but I guess I kinda do now. I don't know how to feel about cloning. Raises some real issues of morality to say the least.

Am I the only one that read the guys name and started laughing?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I don't think I would ever trust a "scientist" who's faked his results in the past. That being said, if this is true, it's pretty creepy. Hopefully we're not heading towards a House of The Scorpion type of thing, but like you said, who knows what government scientists are actually doing.

Originally posted by Domo1
Am I the only one that read the guys name and started laughing?

You are not

But why anyone would want to make more friggin coyotes, I don't know.
edit on 17-10-2011 by TheSnowman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Hwang Woo Suck LOL im korean and i find that HILARIOUS. What did the scientist do that he was disgraced in 2005?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The title does make it sound like cloning is new.
Probably the first coyote to be cloned, by this particular scientist.

Some history
www.ornl.gov...

Scientists have been cloning animals for many years. In 1952, the first animal, a tadpole, was cloned. Before the creation of Dolly, the first mammal cloned from the cell of an adult animal, clones were created from embryonic cells. Since Dolly, researchers have cloned a number of large and small animals including sheep, goats, cows, mice, pigs, cats, rabbits, and a gaur. All these clones were created using nuclear transfer technology.

Hundreds of cloned animals exist today, but the number of different species is limited. Attempts at cloning certain species have been unsuccessful. Some species may be more resistant to somatic cell nuclear transfer than others. The process of stripping the nucleus from an egg cell and replacing it with the nucleus of a donor cell is a traumatic one, and improvements in cloning technologies may be needed before many species can be cloned successfully.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I just don't get WHY they want to clone things. I mean, nature does a perfect job, unlike us, no test tubes involved. Dolly the Sheep did not live to a regular sheep age either. Cloning sux, basically. Arrogant Man and his so-called knowledge. Pride before a fall.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I think cloning parts is a good thing like stem cell recearch is a good thing. but I truly don't see the need to clone an entire animal. If they can grow an entire animal than they can grow just a heart. And it's spare parts grown from your own cells which would be a good advance in the medical world.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Interesting... Cloning for human stem cells eh?

What would Jesus do?

I have a proposition.... $20 to any ATS member who can successfully say the name "Hwang Woo-Suk" ten times quickly in public without laughing.
edit on 17-10-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelayedChristmas
reply to post by Domo1

Hwang Woo Suck LOL im korean and i find that HILARIOUS. What did the scientist do that he was disgraced in 2005?

i wonder if he has a brother named whang you?

If they go to the zoo then they might reproduce with non clones.
They have the tech now to do more than just clone.
I bet they could change whatever traits the want.
edit on 17-10-2011 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Whoppy, who cares about cloning animals, here the military has successfully cloned humans and now we are cultivating human organs for consumption or should i say for those who have the means to pay. Soon enough supermarket stores ( Hospitals) of the future will have a wing that will have human organs for sale, they will only be available to those who have been chipped so as the medical team/s can follow the patience treatment.

...sigh...so much for the family doctor its now to a point were silicon chips and in some cases diamond chips will issue your health treatment.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins
Whoppy, who cares about cloning animals, here the military has successfully cloned humans and now we are cultivating human organs for consumption or should i say for those who have the means to pay. Soon enough supermarket stores ( Hospitals) of the future will have a wing that will have human organs for sale, they will only be available to those who have been chipped so as the medical team/s can follow the patience treatment.

...sigh...so much for the family doctor its now to a point were silicon chips and in some cases diamond chips will issue your health treatment.

Can we get some evidence to support any of that?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSnowman

If you ask for proof you're a bad head, one of them and definitely a disinfo agent. For shame sir, for shame. ATS doesn't deny ignorance, only skeptics.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSnowman

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

Can we get some evidence to support any of that?

Proof of what i have typed...

You might want to refine your question as i feel my answer was more than clear in response to animal cloning. We have gone way beyond tha, although i am alarmed that people are not aware of such genetic breakthrough's an how technology and medicine go hand in hand. As for the military application to this, well lets say they are more closely guarded than any or all the of u.f.o. files stored underground within the nsa complex.
edit on 17-10-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Ahhh "grey tech" mainstream....

I thought clones don't carry a soul - this is what the greys found out and what led to the demise of thier population - so they came here to fix that by using humans for hybrids...

Dunno how that went - but I would think twice before cloning a loved one - because that my friend will lack the soul all of us have on planet Earth!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Interesting... Cloning for human stem cells eh?

What would Jesus do?

I have a proposition.... $20 to any ATS member who can successfully say the name "Hwang Woo-Suk" ten times quickly in public without laughing.
edit on 17-10-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

If Jesus came down and had a pow wow about how things are going on earth I'd be the first take what he says with all seriousness. However while he continues to show no interest what he might do and what he might think ads up to zip and his opinion doesn't count.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Reading this thread makes me wonder that Devil's propaganda really works.

"Cloned humans" in underground labs. Vow.

We call ourselves scientific but there is no cross-examination of such claims.

How do we know it is 'clone' and not 'artificial insemination'?

How do we know what this Korean scientist is really doing? Did anybody of repute verify his work?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I have one for you.
Magic Johnson! Does that not conjure up mental images of ...

top topics

join