It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Media Blackout Confirmed: (Evidence proves it!)

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

From May 2 to October 9, Paul appeared as the "primary newsmaker in only 2% of all election stories."

Ron Paul loyalists have been vindicated. After months of observations that the mainstream media was ignoring the libertarian standard-bearer, a new study by the Pew Research Center's Project for Excellence in Journalism shows just that: the Texas Congressman, who has consistently polled in the high single digits -- Real Clear Politics's aggregate poll currently has him at 8 percent -- has received the least overall coverage of any candidate.

The study measured mainstream exposure by compiling a list of 52 mainstream news outlets across "newspapers, cable news, broadcast television, the 12 most popular news websites in the country, and radio news." To register as a story about the candidate, he/she had to be the focus of at least 50 percent of the story. Interestingly, while Paul gained short shrift from the mainstream press, the blogosphere was an entirely different story, where the tone of his coverage was more favorable than for any other candidate:

While complaints about a lack of media coverage are typical coming from any struggling candidate, Paul boosters, and even some independent observers, have argued that Paul's media blackout is particularly striking considering his concrete successes on the campaign trail.

Source: www.theatlanticwire.com...

Please go to the main article for additonal info and the charts/graph, Paul wins around the election cycle etc. The evidence clearly shows the Media/MSM had decided to keep him the hell out of the picture... but WHY?

Why collectively... or more interesting/important HOW? How did it happen-the "Black-balling of Ron Paul"?

Did they meet and discuss saying "Lets put the screws to Ron Paul"? Did they follow the lead of one MSM company.... say CNN? Do they just look at popularity of people who are liking to Paul? who knows but I am afraid it has worked.

Ron Paul won't be the President of the US in 2012. He doesn't even stand a chance without some Media support. Not at this point in the game. It sure seems like the media wants old Mitt to be the Republican runner.

Time will tell.
edit on 10/17/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Saturday Night Live Mocks the Media Blackout of Ron Paul

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
wow.............just wow.............the video and all the evidence just made me laugh my ass off.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Gmoneycricket

that is too funny. Sad but true... I guess.

Star for your effort!!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Pretty sad state of affairs when a certian little protest gets more air than a presidential candidate that could change the course of this nation and restore its honor.

In all seriousness Ron Paul is the man with the plan and needs to be sitting in that oval office come hell or high water the alternative is more of the same and as people can attest to:

How is that all working out for you?

Pretty crappy in my little corner of this country how bout you?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It sucks that the majority of Americans won't see this, since the MSM which ignores him sure as hell won't give air time to the proof of their bias.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
If the media started giving RP a lot of attention, that is when I would start to worry........

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
If this alone isn't reason to vote for him, I don't know what is. Well, yes, I do, but you know what I mean.

Anybody with half a brain knows that the mainstream media is a controlled mouthpiece, so let's, this time elect the guy who they obviously do NOT want us to elect

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Yes, Ron Paul has lit up the "blogosphere."

He hasn't been able to translate this into actual gains in actual polls, however. Sorry, you can have 4chan humping your leg all you like, but it's not going to win you an election.

Plus... well, let's be honest. Covering one Republican in this race is pretty much the same as covering them all. All of them offer the exact same solutions, the same party lines - cut taxes for the wealthy, fire hundreds of thousands of people, drastically reduce public services, and of course deregulation of everything.

Win or lose, you get Ron paul's platform on the Republican ticket ANYWAY.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
I thought we agreed never to use that word anymore.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I don't care. If Ron Paul doesn't win then Ron Paul supporters should just leave the Republican Party. Incase you haven't noticed, the more anti Paul the media is, the more their viewership is tanking. I don't watch MSM at all, not even for #s and giggles anymore.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
It seems to me that Mr. Paul needs a better Press Team.

What are they doing to get the word out. I don't think it is enough-whatever it is.

What gets me is that I see more Ron Paul stickers on cars and signs in yards/along the roadways than any other person running.

I just don't get it-the low numbers.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Boo hoo

Cain had the same 2% according to that skewed graph which shows both having a 2 but Paul's bar is shorter LOLOLOLOL.
What makes it even funnier is that Cain is now winning,

Cain beats Obama in Poll

Cain Squeaks Ahead of Obama in New General Election Poll

Ron Paul just had zero message, his delivery scared everyone away, and he is just plain annoying to see and listen to.

An analogy.
Ron Paul dropped the pizza in the dirt, delivered it cold and to the wrong house.
Herman Cain delivered the pizza ontime and fresh.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

He hasn't been able to translate this into actual gains in actual polls, however. Sorry, you can have 4chan humping your leg all you like, but it's not going to win you an election.

Plus... well, let's be honest. Covering one Republican in this race is pretty much the same as covering them all. All of them offer the exact same solutions, the same party lines - cut taxes for the wealthy, fire hundreds of thousands of people, drastically reduce public services, and of course deregulation of everything.

Win or lose, you get Ron paul's platform on the Republican ticket ANYWAY.

I'll choose win. Any platform that includes ceasing our perpetual wars gets my vote. Guess who doesn't propose or even support that? I'll give you a hint: he's our sitting president.

/TOA

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I have a few to add to this thread, I was going to start my own but feel this thread can use the boost.

edit on 1-3-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I especially enjoyed the clip with Williams, he seems to have it pretty well understood.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gmoneycricket
Saturday Night Live Mocks the Media Blackout of Ron Paul

www.youtube.com...

That video is now blocked, and I just realized the date it was posted.
edit on 1-3-2012 by Gseven because: content

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Gmoneycricket

This video contains content from NBC Universal, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

Copyrights

edit on 1-3-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join