It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy: The mob—The crowd—The mass has arrived...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

Seriously?
That's your answer?
One poor old dude with a zimmer-frame?

How many people showed up to protest the war in Iraq?
And where did that go?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw

OK, I'm glad you're game, but still not making much sense at all. Maybe you need another sandwich?
Still, I actually do want to have this conversation, so I'm going to press ahead. Here is my original post, for clarification:

Call me cynical - and I'll happily admit to it.

However: this isn't going anywhere. Society has no attention span anymore. We are the culture of "meh" now. A Twitter generation can only pay attention to 140 characters at a time, and the interest in these protests will dwindle soon enough.

So, given that this is my honest opinion, I was originally hoping you'd tell me why YOU think I'm wrong, why YOU think this time is different, that this is it! etc.

What are the numbers of people out there in the streets, as opposed to the numbers of people at home Tweeting about the Kardashians or watching Jersey Shore?
What proof is there that the majority of the country give a damn about these protests for extended periods of time, and that they will continue to give a damn about these protests after whatever goal they are working towards is achieved, if, indeed, it is?

It is my opinion that we live in a mediocracy. Tell me, Idealist, what makes me wrong?

Those who orchestrated a combination diversion/ scam for this World can no longer remain in the shadows. We as a society are watching as well as commanding a higher level of resolve. You're wrong in the sense OWS is beginning to OWN. People are taking responsibility for the lives of others as part of this movement. They are owning the consequences of a nearly defunct system and replacing it with a renewed spirit of good. It's obvious you have an issue perceiving such effort, so draw from the experience and seek out the knowledge being presented.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities." -Albert Einstein

edit on 19-10-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

OK, that sounds very nice, but doesn't actually say anything, does it?
You've told me that you think OWS is starting to OWN.
WHY????
Give me some meat with the granola, please?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Or, let me put it this way, instead:

Perhaps we are not communicating because I am asking for rational discourse on what is clearly an emotional issue for you.

If it is an emotional issue for you, then providing me with rational facts, data, or reasoning will be impossible.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join